Stuck at "Installing 0%"

KozikTrager

Hey everyone,

I'm having trouble re-installing the game. It was all working fine until the KOTFE update, it was stuck at "Installing 100%" but I couldn't click play. I remember I had this issue once before, and deleted the bitraider file from the install folder, fixed the installer and it worked after that.

So when I had the same glitch, I did it again and it didn't fix it. So after trying a few more things I wound up completely uninstalling the game, downloaded the installer and now all it says is "Installing, 0%, minimum download in progress"

A few times I get the extra bit saying "18.03 KB/s" but it still sits there at 0%.

Has anyone else had this issue?

Thanks.

Thanks, I tried that. Tried restarting the comp, checked my firewall exceptions, even deactivated it for a bit, I'm out of ideas. :(

Deactivating the firewall doesn't always mean its gone. Most firewalls have a HIPS (Host Intrusion Protection System) setting. Even if you turn off your firewall, this function stays on to protect certain firewall functions. You have to deactivate HIPS first, then close the firewall. Check the taskmanager to be sure that every firewall process is gone.

Hey guys, I got it working!

What I wound up doing was completely deleting the game, empty folders and all, I then dug out my install discs (yeah, I bought the physical copy of the game lol) and installed the base game that way, after that the launcher updated and continued to download and install the updates properly.

Unfortunately this might mean the majority of people are SOL if they don't own the physical copy, but it may help you.

Thanks for your help everyone.