Quarterly Producer Letter for Q2 2024 ×

Harbinger Down?

Andrellma

Hopefully Harbinger is being changed to a PvP server

Only if they give us free transfers first. Not a chance in hell I'd stick around if they changed it to a PVP server. You PVPers chose to leave your servers to come to us, don't expect them to change our server.

Hopefully Harbinger is being changed to a PvP server
:confused: Really ,, That would be idiotic.

Then like stated if they did some dumb stuff like that then they better give out free transfers...

Only if they give us free transfers first. Not a chance in hell I'd stick around if they changed it to a PVP server. You PVPers chose to leave your servers to come to us, don't expect them to change our server.

Agree 100%

Edited by Legolose

"Harbinger Temporarily Unavailable | 10.22.2015, 12:14 PM

Hey everyone,

You will be temporarily unable to access the Harbinger while we restart the server.

Thanks!"

Seriously, what's going on with the server? If you guys need to allocate more resources to it, please do, if the "high-capacity" server is too crowded now then split it in two and offer free full server character transfers to those who are willing to relocate, I'm willing to play on a second West Coast server if I can bring all my toons/gear/legacy etc along with me.

Just to alleviate the server issues.

Edited by joenewbie

"Harbinger Temporarily Unavailable | 10.22.2015, 12:14 PM

Hey everyone,

You will be temporarily unable to access the Harbinger while we restart the server.

Thanks!"

Seriously, what's going on with the server? If you guys need to allocate more resources to it, please do, if the "high-capacity" server is too crowded now then split it in two and offer free full server character transfers to those who are willing to relocate, I'm willing to play on a second West Coast server if I can bring all my toons/gear/legacy etc along with me.

Just to alleviate the server issues.

I would do so as well. I even still have a free transfer that I might just use to get off this over crowded server but it would be nice to take all my other toons with me.

If instanced FP, OPs and PvP were all cross server (maybe even the GTN) then everyone could play anywhere and their gameplay would not be bad. However as it is now, low pop servers are painful because you cannot get FP or low WZ's to pop and so everyone ,oves to the highest pop they can find and Harbinger is taking a beating. Its wave after wave of the galaxies refugees waching ashore here.

If instanced FP, OPs and PvP were all cross server (maybe even the GTN) then everyone could play anywhere and their gameplay would not be bad. However as it is now, low pop servers are painful because you cannot get FP or low WZ's to pop and so everyone ,oves to the highest pop they can find and Harbinger is taking a beating. Its wave after wave of the galaxies refugees waching ashore here.

They can't merge those though because of the naming issues, 3 guys named Luke from the Skywalker Legacy in one FP/WZ would make it harder for them to function properly too. lol Seriously I do think that's a factor.

Thing is a server isn't just one box in a room somewhere, it's numerous boxes in a room somewhere, so it seems to me they need to invest in more boxes to keep up with demand. Reallocate those from low pop servers to this one to maintain this one's integrity, or as I suggested split it... Harby 1 Harby 2. I'm willing to move because I'm not part of a guild and don't do any of the social things yet, I'm pretty much a solo player. People in guilds though I can understand them not wanting to move.

They can't merge those though because of the naming issues, 3 guys named Luke from the Skywalker Legacy in one FP/WZ would make it harder for them to function properly too. lol Seriously I do think that's a factor.

Thing is a server isn't just one box in a room somewhere, it's numerous boxes in a room somewhere, so it seems to me they need to invest in more boxes to keep up with demand. Reallocate those from low pop servers to this one to maintain this one's integrity, or as I suggested split it... Harby 1 Harby 2. I'm willing to move because I'm not part of a guild and don't do any of the social things yet, I'm pretty much a solo player. People in guilds though I can understand them not wanting to move.

Ever gave a look at other games using cross server? The name of the server is somehow added to their name so that they remain unique.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.