Companion stats

nedbeverage

I understand that gear doesn't effect companion stats anymore... But what about weapon damage? Can I equip companions with empty orange weapons? Is damage a weapons stat or is it a companions stat?

I think that the answer is yes, you can equip a companion with an empty orange weapon (the only thing you need to mod is color crystal if you want a specific color). But, I still have this nagging doubt...

I understand that gear doesn't effect companion stats anymore... But what about weapon damage? Can I equip companions with empty orange weapons? Is damage a weapons stat or is it a companions stat?

I think that the answer is yes, you can equip a companion with an empty orange weapon (the only thing you need to mod is color crystal if you want a specific color). But, I still have this nagging doubt...

it only affects the appearance of ur companion.effects only matter. the more your INFLUENCE the More the force of the Companion and quality of craft :)

• 1 month later...
Weapon damage does make a difference. Equip different weapons and look at the values in the skill tooltips in the companion quickbar.

It doesn't, it only effects the tooltips but if you watch the screen for the actual hits there is no real change between a weapon with no hilt/barrel which rating 8 and one with a 208+ in it.

• 2 weeks later...
Does it matter what weapon rating you have then? Or could I still use a level 1 weapon. The tooltips did confuse me. With no weapon equipped at all it says 0 dmg. I assume you have to actually equip a weapon, though the tooltips do change on weapon quality.

Does it matter what weapon rating you have then? Or could I still use a level 1 weapon. The tooltips did confuse me. With no weapon equipped at all it says 0 dmg. I assume you have to actually equip a weapon, though the tooltips do change on weapon quality.

They need a weapon equipped to use their attacks. The tooltips are majorly bugged.

Given that the weapons have no affect on companion damage, it's probably pretty low priority to fix the tool tips.

It certainly doesn't matter whether they use "force" or "tech power" to calculate their damage output (provided that the output is reasonable). :)

Edited by JediQuaker

Given that the weapons have no affect on companion damage, it's probably pretty low priority to fix the tool tips.

It certainly doesn't matter whether they use "force" or "tech power" to calculate their damage output (provided that the output is reasonable). :)

It does matter what power they get based and what type of skill is nn their skill set, otherwise those skills hit for less compared to other companions with lower influence. Just like how both Veeroa Denz and Choza Raabat from Star Fortress line are Force users getting Tech power, it makes their attacks and heals vastly weaker than other companions. Heck all 3 of the CM companions have a Force attack in both tank and DPS role.