Early access - a slap in the face by ea

AstralAce

Despite the OP's problem, this was a very obvious cash grab. I, like many others, have been gone for a long time. I get an email saying to sub now and get some free crap. I decided to give the game another go and sub. Then, later down the road, the launcher and web site both say subs will get early access.

Now how, as a person going off of emails sent to me from Bioware, am I supposed to know I needed to be subbed for months before I ever got the email in order to get early access. Why would I think there were stipulations to all of that since there was nothing mentioned below either posting for the early access.

White knight this all you want, say it's a short time to wait, this is how companies make extra money, with trickery, or possibly a lack of knowledge on the English language. It isn't as if a single person read their post and took it the wrong way, it is a slew of people.

If I say I'm going to mount you, how do you take it? "Is this guy gonna **** me, or kill me and hang my head on his wall?" Ambiguously worded phrases should like the early access thing should have been checked by a moderator, and if it was, bad job.

All I want at this point is for BW to stop standing around like a mute idiot and at very least issue an apology for their horrible use of wording and lack of description in an easily accessible manner.

Won't happen.

• Replies 441
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

hes not trolling he explained a very popular tactic with SHADY companies use to gain financially which has been ruled Illegal and courts do not uphold fine print that no one reads. Just because its there doesnt make it legal or right.

Courts hold up fine print all the time.

Im one of the unlucky ones who have not been granted Early Access. I sent a CS Ticket the moment i realised i was lacking it two days ago, here is the first response.

Greetings,

Thank you for contacting Star Wars™: The Old Republic™. Allow me to introduce myself; I am Protocol Droid M0-T0, Human Cyborg Relations.

I’m sorry to hear that you’ve had difficulties gaining early access to our latest expansion Knights of the Fallen Empire or might be missing rewards associated with it. We were able to discover a billing / timing issue which was causing a small subset of users to not have Early Access, when they should have it. We have made adjustments and corrected the issue. If you feel you were supposed to have Early Access but didn't, please exit the game completely and log back in.

If you still don’t have access, please note that to qualify for the Early Access Bonus, you must have qualified for each of the four rewards by being a subscriber on each of the 4 listed below reward dates. Once you qualify you may enter and play Knights of the Fallen Empire on October 20, 2015.

-Nico Okarr Companion: August the 10th as of 11:59PM PDT//6:59AM GMT.

-Nico Okarr Blaster Set: August the 31st as of 11:59PM PDT//6:59AM GMT.

-Niko Okarr Duster Coat: September the 30th as of 11:59PM PDT//6:59AM GMT.

-Star Wars™: Knights of the Old Republic™ - Inspired Swoop Bike: October the 19th as of 11:59PM PDT//6:59AM GMT. As long as you're subbed on the days in question and are eligible for all 4 rewards you should get in to the early access.

If you feel you qualify on all above points but still cannot join into the Early Access to Knights of the Fallen Empire or missing a reward, you can simply reply to this email or submit a new ticket in-game for us to investigate further on your issue.

Thank you for your patience and understanding while we address this, and I apologize again for any inconvenience this issue may have caused. If you need any further assistance on this or any other issue in the meantime, please let us know and we’ll be happy to help.

Galactic Support is our specialty...

Sincerely,

Protocol Droid M0-T0 (aka Mark)

Star Wars™: The Old Republic™ Customer Service

I know i was subbed on these dates, My Account page tells me i was, i have Cartel Grants that prove i did. I was frantically going through as many Class Stories as i could with what time i actually get.

Ironically the ticket that this was a reply to already stated that i have checked and confirmed my subscription for those dates, so the reply in itself was extremely pointless - the reply i got to my creation of a follow up ticket was hilarious, and a down right piss take.

Greetings,

I am Protocol Droid M0-T0, Human-Cyborg Relations.

Thank you for contacting us about the issue you encountered. This particular case appears to have been caused by a bug within the game that will need to be corrected in a future game update and as such, cannot be corrected by Customer Service.

To allow us to identify and correct these issues, we would request that you submit a Bug Report on this issue. Bug Reports submitted though the In-Game Help Center go directly to our development QA team and not to Customer Service. To submit a bug, you can type /bug in your chat window or select Bug Report from the drop down when creating a new ticket in the In-Game Help Center.

We also recommend checking the latest patch notes at http://www.swtor.com/patchnotes for information on any fixes or changes in our game updates or our Known Bugs list, located at the top of our Bug Forums which can be found here: http://www.swtor.com/community/forumdisplay.php?f=417.

We would like to apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused, and to thank you again for the valuable feedback you have provided. Please do not hesitate to report any other issues you may encounter while playing.

Galactic support is our specialty…

Sincerely,

Protocol Droid M0-T0

Star Wars ™: The Old Republic™ Customer Service

To paraphrase it... "It's a bug... maybe. You will need to wait for a patch. Good job we got your money already!!". Took almost two days to get that response out of Ingame CS, even after multiple places and people telling us that Ingame CS can help!

At this point, they just need to give everyone that was subbed at any time between those dates the early access.

Then, of course, everyone, including myself, needs to come and thank them.

I wouldn't worry about that, however, this company is turning into Blizzard more and more. So no, they don't give a ****, they got your money so **** you.

You know what **** it.

EA is single handly killing this game off, and not one person has the balls to admit it.

I'm making ONE SIMPLE POINT - that ALL SUBS should get early access - it's retarded to do it different.

I've been a sub way before July. If you are a moderator you clearly don't do your job right, and your customer

service skills are clearly lacking since you seem to have no public relation skills whatsoever.

Either your a rude ****, or EA are. But I hope its the earlier rather than the later.

Cause I'd hate to think you were tarnashing the EA name.

If you missed one of the dates for one of the rewards, you don't get early access. Not that you're missing much, but whatever. If anything, early access people are having to deal with all the bugs, so count yourself fortunate.

Secondly, free to play players can indeed purchase chapters of Knights of the Fallen Empire on launch day. Subscribers merely get it for free. Revan and the Makeb expansions could be purchased without a subscription and they have stated chapters can be purchased individually. I'm fairly certain they will have some discounted pack for people who want to buy them all at once. And if they don't and you don't want to pay full price for each chapter, then throw $15 at the game for subscriptions.

Lastly, to tarnish the EA name, EA would have had to have had a good name to start with.

That is all.

At this point, they just need to give everyone that was subbed at any time between those dates the early access.

Then, of course, everyone, including myself, needs to come and thank them.

I wouldn't worry about that, however, this company is turning into Blizzard more and more. So no, they don't give a ****, they got your money so **** you.

Likely not going to happen unfortunately.

Like yourself I contacted CS through the ticket system. Got the same reply you did, and my follow up email wasn't even responded to. Nothing but silence, so I cancelled the sub.

You would think that somewhere in their company there must be someone who realizes that grabbing a quick 40 bucks now at the expense of losing customers who spend a lot more is a bad marketing decision...but if so, I guess they were over ruled or in the minority.

Got a few days left on the sub, so i'll try out the content and express my frustration on the forums in the meantime.

right there first page last box with the new protagonist on it

Early Access

AUG 10 - OCT 19

Right under that what does it say?

Keep in mind you called someone a loser and said there was no "to" in there.

Edited by RichT

you can just look at this link and figure anything were all having issues with right now. 1992 complaints jesus sad i have to look up BBB rating

http://www.bbb.org/greater-san-francisco/business-reviews/video-games-wholesale-and-manufacturers/electronic-arts-in-redwood-city-ca-64196

So I assume that means you saw this and don't want to apologize to that other guy or admit you were wrong. There clearly is a "to" in the phrase which leads to confusion. They should have used the word "through".

Early Access

AUG 10 - OCT 19

Choose to be a Subscriber from August 10 to October 19 to receive the Early Access Bonus Reward!

*********** white knights.

So I assume that means you saw this and don't want to apologize to that other guy or admit you were wrong. There clearly is a "to" in the phrase which leads to confusion. They should have used the word "through".

*********** white knights.

why would i apologize who are you to ask for such a thing.

why would i apologize who are you to ask for such a thing.

Because it's what an adult does when they attack someone for reading something wrong, and calling them a loser...and then find out it was actually themselves.

For the record, it was you who was wrong Mr Knight.

Because it's what an adult does when they attack someone for reading something wrong, and calling them a loser...and then find out it was actually themselves.

For the record, it was you who was wrong Mr Knight.

i dont think you know what a white knight is man......

also i will apologize* please read the ToS

i dont think you know what a white knight is man......

also i will apologize* please read the ToS

Oh I know what it is.

In this case it's someone who has Early Access...yet instead of being actually in the game enjoying said Access and content...you are here attacking people who didn't get early access.

Why not go enjoy that content you have access to?

See, heres another tip from an old man for you Knights to digest. You might think you are here supporting BW on this one, but what you are actually showing us is that the content you have access to cannot be THAt enjoyable, because it only dropped Tuesday...and you're here in the forums instead.

At least people like myself have a reason to be here....why are you here? I don't see any BioWare Community tag on you. Who told you you should be out here dismissing other customers concerns?

That my friend is a White Knight to me.

Anyway, Got things to do...so have the last word if you will.

It's a week wait. Seriously, it's not like there's some kind of progression content you need to get the jump on or something.

'slap in the face' is the new phrase of the twitter generation.

It's also an "Ignore List Alert" - anyone who uses it sincerely hits my ignore list.

Two long threads about this already. Its clear some of the people on here when shown exactly where they went wrong in assuming they would get access just won't accept that they were wrong. This is called self entitlement. Unfortunately Bioware is not your parents and no matter how many times you stomp your feet and say its not fair ( For the record a fair is a place with rides and games ) they are not going to allow you access to the game until Tues Oct 27th. Quit dont quit not going to matter to me. Take this as a lesson in life well a couple actually, sometimes NO is actually going to mean NO. Tantrums and calling everyone Fanboys is not going to help. And the other don't just sign up for something without reading everything.

This thread and this video so much in common

This just reminds me of the garbage GW2 pulled with making full game free and giving people who payed a lot of money nothing then askin em to buy another 40 dollar xpac. Just like every other arguement the ones mad about it are always wrong while the ones who are enjoying the early access are supreme overloards and know eveything about the universe, and are right. Then you have the fanboys who cling to the backside of bioware who think they can do no wrong. ahhh mmos how i hate everyone in them.

Oh I know what it is.

In this case it's someone who has Early Access...yet instead of being actually in the game enjoying said Access and content...you are here attacking people who didn't get early access.

Why not go enjoy that content you have access to?

See, heres another tip from an old man for you Knights to digest. You might think you are here supporting BW on this one, but what you are actually showing us is that the content you have access to cannot be THAt enjoyable, because it only dropped Tuesday...and you're here in the forums instead.

At least people like myself have a reason to be here....why are you here? I don't see any BioWare Community tag on you. Who told you you should be out here dismissing other customers concerns?

That my friend is a White Knight to me.

Anyway, Got things to do...so have the last word if you will.

what the heck man lol i have been advocating against bioware this whole time i do not have early access.....this is to funny lol

Edited by X_Vindictuz_X