Does Influence raised with companions in core game transfer over to new expansion?

Sir_Marhalt

So if I max out my current companions Influence in the core game, will I have the same Influence once I bring my toon into the expansion?

Kind of important to know this prior to actually bringing a toon into the expansion. For anyone leveling up a toon from 1-60 they probably do not want to grind out Influence twice to max level of 50.

Thanks.

Well there is the conversion to the new system. Your formally maxed out comp had 10000 Affection. That 10000 Affection translates to Rank 10 Influence in the new system.

I'm talking about taking a comp up to rank 50 in the new system, without starting the new expansion, meeting that maxed out toon in the expansion, and then what is their Influence when you have them become your companion again?

Frankly I'm not even sure if you get all of the original comps in the new expansion. I've heard there are some, but I am not positive that you end up getting all of the original ones from the core game. If you do not, that would be disappointing.

Still it would be nice to know if the Influence you are gaining in the core game will transfer once you start the expansion.

Thanks

Edited by Sir_Marhalt

<<Quote: Originally Posted by EricMusco View Post

What happens to my existing Companions in KotFE?

When Fallen Empire launches, all of your existing Companions remain accessible to you outside of the story Chapters. In the KotFE story there is a specific cast of characters that is a part of that ongoing storyline.

-eric>>

Ok so there is part of the answer. I guess the comps that you only have access to in the core story remain the same Influence wise, but only when you are in the core story since they are not in the expansion.

What about M1 for a Trooper or T7 for a Guardian, or the ship droid? Do you end up having to completely regain their Influence due to being trapped in Carbonite for 5 years?

Or does the Influence you build up prior to entering the expansion transfer over? I have heard that you start with Rank 10 Influence which prior to 4.0 would have been your max Affection.

So if you build a comp that is used in both games - core game and expansion - over rank 10 is the extra Influence just lost when you enter the expansion?

If it is lost, what happens when you move back to the core game? You mysteriously regain it?

Thanks in advance.

No idea. I was actually planning to do a few of the "old" core missions and dialog to see if I could raise influence "for free" with dailies, drops, etc...

Now, if, as a pretend, I raise it to tier 20 in core, do KOTFE, and get the companion reset back at tier 10... it's pretty worrisome. Doesn't sound right, but it wouldn't be the first thing to "not sound right" yet is applied to game expansions...