Classic Conversations

Ulldu

Bioware, Fantastic job on the expansion loved it throughly! Well presented and thrilling!

Just please do away with the Classic Conversation and soon because it's a real sour note on what is otherwise a great direction with the game.

It may be a cost cutting measure, but I, for one, enjoy them. I like the throwback to KOTOR, but here's where I see the real benefit of having the classic conversations:

Going back and having to turn in kits one by one, over and over to get their rewards.

People complained enough about having to spacebar through repetitive conversations, and now that we've been given the classic convo, where we don't have to do nearly as much spacebarring, now it's a bad thing? Hypocrites.

Classic Conversations are absolutely a cost cutting measure. Anyone else read the news about the video game voice actors petition?

8 classes * 2 genders * number of unique voices * the number of companions you can recruit * # dialogue options per conversation = number of scripted VA that need to be written and recorded

now why are they voiced during story

8 classes * 2 genders * 1 script * number of dialogue options since the story is the same. In other words write it once record it 16 times vs recording 50x the dialogue for all possible companions.

Bioware, Fantastic job on the expansion loved it throughly! Well presented and thrilling!

Just please do away with the Classic Conversation and soon because it's a real sour note on what is otherwise a great direction with the game.

100% Agree.

Yes it's somewhat of a nice nostalgic throwback, but overall it put a sour taste in my mouth. If I wanted throwback I'd go play KOTOR. I play this cause the voice overs give the characters much more personalty and they can have greater rapport with each other. When my character doesn't speak it feels like a one sided conversation and just dry by comparison.

Loving the rest of the expansion though!!! But please do not add more classic conversations.

• 2 weeks later...
100% Agree.

Yes it's somewhat of a nice nostalgic throwback, but overall it put a sour taste in my mouth. If I wanted throwback I'd go play KOTOR. I play this cause the voice overs give the characters much more personalty and they can have greater rapport with each other. When my character doesn't speak it feels like a one sided conversation and just dry by comparison.

Loving the rest of the expansion though!!! But please do not add more classic conversations.

That's pretty much how I feel. That's not the only reason I play this game, but the voice acting is one of the big pluses. They actually did a pretty good job at stylizing it to feel like KOTOR. Problem is, it's been about 12 years since KOTOR, and games have evolved since then. As for the "cheaping out on voice actors", I'm not really sure that's a concern, given that everything other than Odessa was voice acted. I just think it was an failed attempt at nostalgia. It happens, and hopefully EA/Bioware will have learned from the reaction and not try it again.

What, you want terminal instead?

Or like it was in SoR?

I do. Much more convenient than scenes you are going to space bar through after the first time anyway. I'm sure I'm in a very small minority but I preferred the SoR popup for non-story related quests over the voice acted ones.

As long as it stays alliance only I'm fine...but that also probably means all our old romance companion dialogues will play out through them (probably whole one of them after the character gets re-introduced if we are lucky)...which sucks.

I have replied to multiple threads on this. There was a voice actors strike. During this strike, no voice actor could work. The voice overs for most of KotFE was finished, save for the character voice overs. That being said, they had to use this.

We should feel lucky that KotFE was released at all. This was a quick fix, to get us our expansion on time.

I believe the voice actors have finished with negotiations and will be back to work for the coming chapters.

I have replied to multiple threads on this. There was a voice actors strike. During this strike, no voice actor could work. The voice overs for most of KotFE was finished, save for the character voice overs. That being said, they had to use this.

We should feel lucky that KotFE was released at all. This was a quick fix, to get us our expansion on time.

I believe the voice actors have finished with negotiations and will be back to work for the coming chapters.

Perhaps, I heard something about it - but that was in October I think? One would think the voice acting is well and done by then so I don't think that was the reason. I get it that is costs less, those "classic" conversations, but like I said - hope it never gets out of the alliance system.

They really need to go back to the normal swtor way of conversations, i mean the only reason to love this unvoiced rubbish is because you just want to skip the stuff anyway.

I mean now-a-days, any game with conversations in it, i have to hear my character talking or it just ruins the immersion, while kotor just refuses to run on my system, i just wouldn't be able to stick to it because my character never bloody talks.