Companion system fail

Slurmez

So did the "expansion" with my oldest character, which I had invested a great deal of time into and as a result I now lose most of my old companions along with ALL of the rare and unobtainable gear that they had equipped on them. When you get back the odd character they come with new crap gear over the stuff you had on them in the first place.

Seriously, what the hell, who thought this was a good idea? 60 levels of playing with companions to throw them out and pick up new ones with a big screw you?

Edited by Slurmez

Just going to ask the dumb question.

Didn't you get all the gear in the Mail or dropped into your inventory?

No, that was only pants, offhands and implants and earpeices, peices that were removed from companions, you dont get any of the armour (aside from pants for some retarded reason) in the mail

Just going to ask the dumb question.

Didn't you get all the gear in the Mail or dropped into your inventory?

My companions had most of their old gear still equipped, unless they were a species that didn't wear clothes, wookie, khem, and the droids but all the droids armor was packaged together so you could sell them.

Most of them I had to reequip the weapons for a few of them since they did not have the second hand but for the most part it those were in my inventory except to the point my inventory was filled and that was mailed to me. That happened to all 8 of my characters.

So did the "expansion" with my oldest character, which I had invested a great deal of time into and as a result I now lose most of my old companions along with ALL of the rare and unobtainable gear that they had equipped on them. When you get back the odd character they come with new crap gear over the stuff you had on them in the first place.

Seriously, what the hell, who thought this was a good idea? 60 levels of playing with companions to throw them out and pick up new ones with a big screw you?

I am pretty sure this is a bug. We were supposed to be able to still summon and play with our companions outside of the story.

What happens to my existing Companions in KotFE?

When Fallen Empire launches, all of your existing Companions remain accessible to you outside of the story Chapters. In the KotFE story there is a specific cast of characters that is a part of that ongoing storyline.

-eric

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?p=8407848

They messed up big time on this one.

What really bothers me is that there has been no mention of "We are aware of this" or "we are looking into fixing this"

Edited by Lendul

I am pretty sure this is a bug. We were supposed to be able to still summon and play with our companions outside of the story.

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?p=8407848

They messed up big time on this one.

What really bothers me is that there has been no mention of "We are aware of this" or "we are looking into fixing this"

Indeed >:(