sooooo... Nico Ocar..

Jeweledleah

first things first. before accusations start. I have Nico Ocar. I haven't used his mailed item, becasue I wanted to do it through story only, but I have him. this is NOT about me. I'm all good.

before early acess started... people kept claiming that its ok to restrict him being a companion to people who qualified for early acess only, with no option for later purchase. and the biggest excuse I heard is that people will get to meet him anyways, they just won't be able to recruit him, so they are not missing the story. and yet... here I am, finished with 9 chapters and nowhere in those chapters did I encounter Nico.

now.. i haven't gone through companion recruitment side missions yet, however... according to dulfy.. you only get his mission if you qualify for him.

so essentially this is a chunk of content concerning pretty infamous companion, gated for a lot of people with no option to ever have acess to it?

they don't get to meet him at all.

so... why was that a good idea again?

cosmetic rewards being exclusive - fine. toys being exclusive - again fine. but chunk of the story? have we forgotten already that outrage that happened when bioware added those datacubes to cartel packs only? didn't we talk back then how restricting something like that was a bad move?

@OP

You can recruit Nico without instantly using his contract.

From dulfy:

Find and speak to Nico Okarr on Zakuul

Mix a drink for Nico Okarr

Regardless of which three ingredients you picked, Nico Okarr will tell you to not forget the little umbrella after you picked the third ingreident. This is crucial and you want to make sure you clicked the the little umbrella near the end of the bar bench inside a glass. You won’t get a notification that clicked the umbrella so interact with it a couple times just to be sure. After you have interacted with the little umbrella, interact with the drink mixer to mix the drink and the little umbrella will automatically be placed inside his drink.

It's a recruitment alert for the alliance. Check your companion tab for more information.

sigh. missing the point.

I'm talking about people who didn't qualify for that reward. they do not get to meet him at all. like at ALL.

so why shouldn't he be sold in cartel market for those who missed the complimentary promotion again?

@OP

You can recruit Nico without instantly using his contract.

for example. people who didn't qualify for him? do not get that mission. so i reiterate. they do not get to meet him at all. he is not part of the story for them. despite being pretty darn iconic to SWTOR story.

Edited by Jeweledleah

sigh. missing the point.

I'm talking about people who didn't qualify for that reward. they do not get to meet him at all. like at ALL.

so why shouldn't he be sold in cartel market for those who missed the complimentary promotion again?

for example. people who didn't qualify for him? do not get that mission. so i reiterate. they do not get to meet him at all. he is not part of the story for them. despite being pretty darn iconic to SWTOR story.

To give those loyal people who stuck with it something to be enjoy? I mean I have no issue with it even tho I have him myself but Idk why you're asking this when the answer is obvious.

After you finish all new missions look at your "companions' fist" above. It'll glowing with yellow. There will appear missions from your Alliance group. They're fun, try them out (will give you more companions). The one from smuggler girl will lead you to cantina on the new planet - there will stand Nico. Talk with him and offer him a drink. Key thing - UMBRELLA! You can take it from far side of the bar, it'll glow blue, as few other bottles and stuff. All that you choose will appear in front of Nico. Make sure umbrella is there too. Use mixer and talk with him again. He'll agree. After you return to your smuggler, she will approve of him and he'll appear in your companion window. :)

(I claimed him before entering Chapter 1 and was terrified that I lost him, he's nice)