The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Small first glance review KOTFE. no spoiler i promise.

Endarfina

I have been a big fan of all kotor, Also of ToR, the last expansion not so much.

I must say that i only played until chapter 4 at the moment, and for a reason.

The feeling I have from this expansion are 50 50 .

Storyline, once again epic. kudo's there.

But one REALLY big thing here is that it feels like an instance. That is where the chapter 4 reason comes in.

Most MMO players will know the feeling, when youre in an operation and it is literally taking hours and hours and you're getting groggy, Butt hurting from sitting down and eyes starting to roll? yeah? got it?

Thats the feeling i am getting with this expansion.

Why i am making this thread is because tor, has, to me at least, changed the game too much in the last expansion.

Still trying not to spoil, but it is BURNING on my tongue.

Initial grade for expansion after today...

a C-

I'm with you there. I kept pushing through until there seemed to be a logical "rest point" and I just couldn't find one. The cast seems to be running and fighting the whole time. My Warrior even made a comment about needing a break because there was just so much running, fighting, searching, doing.

I also didn't expect there to be 0 interaction with the rest of the game. By Chapter 8 I realized if I wanted to go to fleet I just had to abandon what I was doing. It breaks the story's pacing, but I needed to vendor greens, store mats, just relax for a second. Felt like one big long Solo Mode flashpoint and the worst part is we won't get to revisit some of these really cool areas because they're instanced :(

I appreciate your thoughts on this and agree that this expansion (and overall game) do not quite meet the needs of most MMO players. However, I feel I should point out that with this expansion it is possible, at any time, to return to the fleet or another planet and not lose your progress on the new story arc. When you leave the "instance" you will have a "play" button attached to the mission progress that will allow you to return at any time to your previous location. So yes, it's much like an instance, but it's an instance that allows you to come and go at any time. I felt that was a good option that the developers added in to avoid people feeling what your'e feeling.