The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Legacy names -- allow us to change them

AJediKnight

+1 to Legacy name change. I'd even be willing to lose all my legacy XP for it, or even hand Bioware $5 or something for the privilege. The one I wanted was taken, and the dang screen kept popping up after every time I zoned, so I hastily put one in without taking time to think about a replacement one properly. It's not horrible, but I really don't care for it.

I almost deleted all the characters on my server to reset it, but luckily I've been told that doesn't work.

• Replies 920
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

+20 to legacy name change.. Thanks!! :D

I almost deleted all the characters on my server to reset it, but luckily I've been told that doesn't work.

I am so glad you didn't.. Deleting your characters wouldn't have fixed the issue.. It appears to be an account bound type thing.. All new characters are part of your legacy.. I did delete all my characters shortly after I creatred my sorry excuse of a legacy name.. It didn't fix anything.. So whoever told you it didn't work.. They are 100% correct.. I had to learn the hard way.. :D

Edited by MajikMyst

Yes, please! Even one-time, or for a fee.

I'll jump on the bandwagon, but I will chide and compliment this thread so far.

I think the fee should be higher than 10 grand. It should cost the equivalent of a Rank three speeder skill purchase.

This shows that the player is willing to spend the money for his name change.

The reason for this is that BW warned customers about the Legacy name when they got the chance to choose their name.

They told you up front at the beginning of the name selection that this Legacy surname was going to stick with your toons for the rest of your account.

So, about a 315k charge for a Legacy change sounds right to me.

I don't care if I'm on page 77. I WANT THIS!

I don't use my surname on any of my characters at all. Because I don't play the character I had initially designed it for.

If I had known how annoying it would be, I would have put in something stupid like "loves-kittens" so it would fit all of my characters.

Because really.. who doesn't love kittens?

Edited by Mekare

I too want to be able to change my legacy name. C'mon Bioware. If your best interest is to make your customers feel cool and unique, which from what i heard is your ambition, then let us have this one.

PEOPLE Let's keep this going to show our passion for our right to change legacy names

If you want to change your Legacy Name, reply to this post buy signing your name, then the next guy replies to THAT post, and so on. Then hopefully Bioware will get the message. They won't be able to ignore a long list of signatures.

Edited by Rewcastle

I personally LOVE my Legacy name but I understand how some people are frustrated. I wish there was a way to check to see if a legacy name was available and a confirmation button before getting it.

at least 3 of my guildies have remorseful legacy names...

/signed (as long as you don't make me change mine!!)

Edited by xyloh

Thanks Bioware for ruining my game play.

They ever think that some of us use different names per toon.

I guess We are limited to one toon per server now.

RPG my droid's shiny metal ...

Quit being a drama queen. It's fine to want things changed but acting like this is just sad.

I, too make a mistake naming, would like to have the Legacy Name change. However, the change that player desire MUST NOT be repeatable. It means that players are ONLY allow to change ONCE for free. Later on just like the Skill Tree, it is going to cost in-game credit and obviously more in-game credit as more times change.

Just suggesting!

Well when I start the game I had no idea about the whole legacy system and how it gives you a last name. I have 2 names I like to use for RPGs which both use a first and last name. Unable to put a space in the character names I used a hyphen "-" to make it almost like a space (Attila-orion). So now when i get the legacy name it will mess that all up.

If i would have known this then I would have been fine with a single last name for both characters. but the first name on its own is already taken and it is possible the last name is taken too. So at this point once I do get a legacy these two character's names are going to look even more messed up then they already do.

Lets not forget the fact that the surname should not be required to be UNIQUE- it is enough to have unique first names, but unique first and last names is overly redundant. Obviously for the sake of overall Star Wars lore the iconic surnames should remain blocked (Skywalker, Solo, Fett, Organa, etc).

As a matter of fact, until this system is changed I don't plan on resubscribing...

/signed

They added a confirmation button this patch... but it seems far too late for the majority of the current players...

Agreed - and another good reason to allow a one-time change, like City of Heroes does.

I'd also gladly do a reasonable fee-based change, another option to help players get a Legacy that suits them.