Legacy names -- allow us to change them

AJediKnight

The game has been out for less than a month.

I don't understand why people expect it to be so polished out of the box. It took Wow (sorry to flog that old benchmark) years to become polished.

Like a lot of features, there is a basic implementation, with undoubtedly more to come in the works.

Hence, why we are getting our word in while there is still time to effect the outcome. We're providing Bioware with the voice of part of their player base. We're offering insight prior to the outcome to help alleviate future backlash. It's just like Beta testing.

• Replies 920
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's just like Beta testing.

Tell me about it. :rolleyes:

But, really, nothing I can say here beyond what Selectone has said. Bioware does not employ demigods; they cannot 'divine' what we want. Unless we speak, our voices and desires will not be heard.

Edited by AJediKnight

i would love to change mines lol all thought it does not fit very well on my char lol

I saw someone on my server whose surname was Wmmxd. Apparently her toddler 'chose' it for her while she was in the restroom.

This needs to be made right, Bioware.

joing the group to have this changed in some way. i hit mine today. after thinking about it for a several months and even building a little RP background for my choice, i was unable to even type it in the way i wanted. i see my 4 toons as a group, an a-team, an elite special forces group. so i wanted The Death Squad Legacy. Since no spaces were allowed i typed in TheDeathSquad and ended up getting Thedeathsquad. needless to say, ive hidden mine already :(

please bw devs. put some thought into this and allow changes, per character or more options to the name....like spaces!!

I think the whole single surname idea for the Legacy system should be scrapped entirely. It doesn't make sens if you play both factions

Yeah, it's completely ridiculous and doesn't fit the source material at all. I mean, imagine if Darth Vader and Luke had the same last name. That would be so stupid.

Yeah, it's completely ridiculous and doesn't fit the source material at all. I mean, imagine if Darth Vader and Luke had the same last name. That would be so stupid.

See, but the problem is, Darth Vader and Luke were both human, and related. Trying to argue that my Sith Pureblood Jugg from across the galaxy, who was born before the Sith Invasion, is somehow related to my Twi'lek Trooper, who has never been to imperial space, is beyond the bounds of reason.

You have options...

1) Wear a helmet on your sith pureblood and turn off the legacy. Previous poster is correct in that you don't hear them calling him Darth Vader Skywalker. His "Skywalker" legacy name died when he became a sith lord. With a helm no one will know you rolled an ugly sith pureblood that has the same name as your twi'lek. Be creative.

2) Just turn the legacy name off in general. It really doesn't matter on your alt. If you wanted it to matter, you shoulda rolled the same race/stuck to the same faction. Or roll your opposite faction on another server. Your guild doesn't exist on both Republic and Empire on the same server anyway...and if it does you should find a better guild.

3) Wait patiently for a fix to come out...complaining here doesn't help much and just starts more immature arguments on these forums. Learn patience. It will go far. Enjoy the other aspects of the game for now.

...or you could accept the fact that more then 1 familly can have the same last name..i mean tons of people got my last name in rl, imagine in a WHOLE GALAXY

I wouldn't expect to have the same last name as a guy living on Mars, and another from Venus. Possible? Yes. Likely? Not in the slightest.

All the good names on Harbringer are already taken. The Legacy system is a complete fail. What about people that don't even want a Surname. Why does the Legacy box pop up every time your skill tree opens, or you login, or zone. It's absolutely bugged, and needs hotfixing asap.

Sounds to me like you are mad at Bioware because you yourself picked a bad Legacy name. The game is not even a month old yet, why should Bioware implement something on day one for people who simply screw up themselves? I would much rather Bioware take the time to work on more important things than just giving us the ability to change our names at will.

EDIT: also, I do wish that you could make different Legacy names per character, but then that would be against the whole point of having them.

Edited by Kemosobe

I was typing in chat, and brought my skill window up at the same time and ended up entering 3 random letters and then enter. No confirmation box for Legacy Window, along with no checking if the name is taken before you even hit confirm. On top of the fact that it opens every time you zone, open your skills, or log in. They really dropped the ball on this one.

i heard they can remove names if they are against the rules (uniqueness, TOS, vulgar, etc) but they suddenly dont have the power to remove Surnames under player request...

DERP

Yeah, well this is the most unhelpful customer service team in the history of customer service.

Sorry, there are consequences in this game. You make a mistake you have to live with it. Perhaps it would be lucrative for Bioware to make it a paid service.

The people who want the system removed at the ones who are upset that they can't make troll toons as their Legacy name will hold them accountable. Sorry trolls, now you're accountable and can't hide behind an obnoxious level 1 spewing obscenities at your guild leader for denying you a raid spot.

Sorry, there are consequences in this game. You make a mistake you have to live with it. Perhaps it would be lucrative for Bioware to make it a paid service.

Lol @ you 'consequences' types -- what an absolute joke. You know what a consequence is? Jaesa's permanent alignment being based on your own decisions. And you can reroll if you decide you made a mistake.

But a name? Give me a break. You clearly do not understand meaningful choices in the slightest.

Paid name service, or free. Hell, it'd take all of five minutes to implement, and would make Bioware money. No idea why people are fighting this so hard, but it makes me laugh every time.

Edited by AJediKnight

Paid name service, or free. Hell, it'd take all of five minutes to implement, and would make Bioware money. No idea why people are fighting this so hard, but it makes me laugh every time.

If it would take all of five minutes to implement, why did it take Blizzard a few years before they implemented it?

Yes please BW allow us to change legacy names and put a cooldown timer on it or something if you have to. I have a horrible name and I would love to change it. I felt forced to choose one because it kept popping up every time I zoned. Choose one before I really thought it through. Please allow us to reset legacy names. I'd seriously pay $10 to do it at this point. Its really irritating me lol.