Alliance classic cinematic conversations...

PoliteAssasin

Seriously Bioware? You don't give us the option to opt out of, or more appropriately into, voiceless kotor 1 style conversations? Does anyone know if it's possible to disable? I've looked everywhere and can't find it. DAI cuts out cinematic conversations for most of the encounters, the austin team outdoes it by cutting both cinematics AND player voice. Bravo. :rolleyes:

Seriously Bioware? You don't give us the option to opt out of, or more appropriately into, voiceless kotor 1 style conversations? Does anyone know if it's possible to disable? I've looked everywhere and can't find it. DAI cuts out cinematic conversations for most of the encounters, the austin team outdoes it by cutting both cinematics AND player voice. Bravo. :rolleyes:

The KOTOR dialogue is not a feature. They're presenting it as one when it's really just a lazy way of cost-cutting. It's not optional because they didn't bother recording any dialogue for the protagonist...in this "cinematic storytelling" expansion.

Edited by Millardkillmoore

I'm not a fan of these "classic" Knights of the Old Republic letterbox conversations. Part of the reason I enjoy this MMO so much is for the fully-voiced cinematic conversations. In fact, it's been a major selling feature for this game from release day.

I don't mind if they're an option for nostalgia junkies (I DID play the original KotoR and it's sequel), but right now the difference is jarring and throws off the immersion. When compared with the polish and detail of the conversations from Chapters 1-8 it feels cheap and tacked on.

Honestly, the first time I found it in Chapter 9 I wondered if that chapter was unfinished and rushed out the door as a beta-test so the developer could fix higher priority bugs prior to full release. The severe lag on that planet didn't discourage me from that idea either.

• 4 weeks later...
To be perfectly honest, I was loving the new expansion up until this point. If this starts becoming a trend with them, I will unsubscribe until they knock it off. It was fun in the old days, but with the way the game was constructed, it goes against all logical sense behind environmental immersion. :mad:

I think they changed it because classics SWTOR conversation style could have only 3 possible responses. But i agree they should voiced it fully.

But who knows, maybe they have merits that most people will space though it no matter what. :D

I think they changed it because classics SWTOR conversation style could have only 3 possible responses. But i agree they should voiced it fully.

There would easily have been space for three more options on the left side of the conversation wheel. Are there any places with more than six entries besides those where you have to choose between umpteen different items to give to the NPC? And why is Qyzen's conversation listing all 15 world bosses anyway if I only have trophies from two of them? Surely this whole thing could have been implemented in a more intelligent way.

I have replied to multiple threads on this. There was a voice actors strike. During this strike, no voice actor could work. The voice overs for most of KotFE was finished, save for the character voice overs. That being said, they had to use this.

We should feel lucky that KotFE was released at all. This was a quick fix, to get us our expansion on time.

I believe the voice actors have finished with negotiations and will be back to work for the coming chapters.

I have replied to multiple threads on this. There was a voice actors strike. During this strike, no voice actor could work. The voice overs for most of KotFE was finished, save for the character voice overs. That being said, they had to use this.

Source?

Because I have to point out--those KOTOR-style conversations are still half-voiced. Unless the VAs of Doctor Ogurobb, Sana-Rae, Hylo Visz, C2, 2V, and Steve Blum for chrissakes are somehow computer created and therefore not affected by this conspiracy, er, strike theory.