Just wanted to say that I like 4.0 and the new changes

Jerqa

I figured with all of the negativity flying around here on the forums I'd pop in and let you guys over in Austin know that I am very pleased with 4.0 and all of the changes. The early access launched with very few issues, even the servers were up early. Everything went very smooth for me and no complaints from any of our guild members so far.

I think this expansion is going to be a healthy change for the game. Nice job Bioware and the SWTOR Team :)

surprising 4.0 is quiet good their are issues and bugs but not unexpected, and they should be ironed out overtime. Surprisingly lvl sync work as intended and heroics are still soloable just not as easy.

Only downsides for me no more soloing world bosses, and agro ranges being reduced when lvl sync creating a situation where have kill trash which I use to skip to get to objective.

The one thing I like so far is the companion changes. I never really geared any of my companions too much. Didn't pay any attention to affection either. I like now that I don't have to worry about gear and break out the skin/companion in whatever stance I want. It's pretty cool for someone like me.

A lot of these changes would have been wonderful when 3.0 dropped.

The challenge is that for a vet player, the question becomes, "ok great, now what?".

Last night I did all the heroics on Tat. Fine, level sync to 30, they were still face roll easy. Ok, they took a minor amount of effort, but my tank companion never dropped below 90% health, it felt like playing with GSI God droid.

But since I got the quests frome fleet, and there was no turn in, they became pointless dailies. There was no story. I don't know why they were worth doing, since there was no context. Why would I do them again?

I ran Battle of Rishi in tactical last night, I was lvl 61, there was a 60, a 47, and a 25 there. It remained face roll easy, except no more rolling for gear, everyone equally got a useless gear drop to vendor.

In thinking about it, I'm trying to figure out why I should log in tonight. To do what? It makes me sad to think about it.

The one thing I like so far is the companion changes. I never really geared any of my companions too much. Didn't pay any attention to affection either. I like now that I don't have to worry about gear and break out the skin/companion in whatever stance I want. It's pretty cool for someone like me.
Same here. I only really geared and tried for affection for the companions that my toons used the most. This will at least give me reason to use the other companions now. Poor Sgt. Rusk may finally get to see some action.