Bring 12XP Story Back Please!

peanutsofdoom

I understand its not their fault but im hoping bringing light to this issue may let the devs know to bring it back and make it optional when u make a new character to select if u want to have 12x on or off. Its not just about going straight to 60 I WANT TO PLAY THE STORY! not fiddle around with a bunch of useless side quests. I got the game for the story so they should let the people who want to play just the story play it!

That would work well in a single player game, but this is an MMO. Seriously there are other issues I'd rather the devs work on than to have to constantly make it even easier to level a character. Suck it up a bit and just grind it out.

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm a returning player who was never really into swtor when it came out. There was way too much grind for my liking, I just wanted to experience the story. I had originally subbed and cancelled it out of frustration with not being able to progress in the story in a timely manner.

Recently, I got a marketing email that said you were returning to a story driven model. This appealed to me. I subbed a few days ago and was pleasantly surprised at how effective the 12X XP was at helping me do what I wanted to do - just play the story!

So today I logged in and started playing the character I've been playing - leveling now feels slow as molasses again. I'm having to play through all these (planetary?) missions and it feels distracting from the main story arc.

I was really starting to get into the game too... sad. I don't think I'll keep subbing if there's no story boost incentive. I don't want to waste my time killing womp rats. I'll be back when I get an email saying the XP is back in fashion :)

It's pretty streamlined now and xp was changed. Haven't started a level 1 but others in my guild have gotten to 20 in less then a hour.

Considering that you now gain massive amounts of exp from running any group content including pvp, I would not worry about slowly leveling.

I do think people tend to forget this is an MMO and think it's a single player game. I do this myself sometimes, but the idea that we can't just go from one quest to another without grinding some content we don't like rather than like a single player game, enter a cheat code to auto level or enter god mode and just run through the story, upsets people too used to single player games.

Every planet you do when you get to the end of it, they give you a 25% xp boost, save it until you have 3 missions completed in the queue, pop the xp boost, accept those missions and run through as many more as you can with the remaining hour. It does make things faster... 25% faster in fact.

I do think people tend to forget this is an MMO and think it's a single player game. I do this myself sometimes, but the idea that we can't just go from one quest to another without grinding some content we don't like rather than like a single player game, enter a cheat code to auto level or enter god mode and just run through the story, upsets people too used to single player games.

Every planet you do when you get to the end of it, they give you a 25% xp boost, save it until you have 3 missions completed in the queue, pop the xp boost, accept those missions and run through as many more as you can with the remaining hour. It does make things faster... 25% faster in fact.

I've been reading your trash in this thread and I thought "does this idiot hear anyone but himself?". Tell me, what did Bioware outline as a major part of swtor? Mmo parts? Pvp? NO! Story-they've outlined the story. And at the same time ended the 12x. Well, how about sticking to your guns Bioware? Have you forgotten your swtor launch?

Not only that, but they flatout LIED to us! On my side, the class quests give the exact same xp as random quests do. Namely, they give ~25% of a level. But, here's a SPLENDID idea for you Bioware(hell, I'll even throw a freebie!):

-> Allow the insta 60 to do 1-50 content. Besides the point, why exactly can't he do it currently?

-> Sell 12x on Cartel Market for, idk, 500 CC?

And take a hint:

We have all done planetary stories MULTIPLE times! We don't care about it!

I've been reading your trash in this thread and I thought "does this idiot hear anyone but himself?". Tell me, what did Bioware outline as a major part of swtor? Mmo parts? Pvp? NO! Story-they've outlined the story. And at the same time ended the 12x. Well, how about sticking to your guns Bioware? Have you forgotten your swtor launch?

Not only that, but they flatout LIED to us! On my side, the class quests give the exact same xp as random quests do. Namely, they give ~25% of a level. But, here's a SPLENDID idea for you Bioware(hell, I'll even throw a freebie!):

-> Allow the insta 60 to do 1-50 content. Besides the point, why exactly can't he do it currently?

And take a hint:

What did they lie about? The new xp? I haven't done a level 1 yet so I have no clue about it.

And take a hint:

Responding to you is a waste of keystrokes, I'm done.

That would work well in a single player game, but this is an MMO. Seriously there are other issues I'd rather the devs work on than to have to constantly make it even easier to level a character. Suck it up a bit and just grind it out.

With the way KoFE story content is set up and how a good number of people want to seem to play the rest of it I would argue that this is a single player game with optional mmo content (I.e. group raids / content) rather than a full fat mmo.

Though to be honest what you label or call the game doesn't really matter as far as i am concerned unless you are a swtor marketing guru.

On topic, folks just want to play what they find fun and if that is just the class stories then I think you should be able to buy 12 x xp from the cartel market on a per character basis. I would say 1000 cartel points would be a fair price as it is a fairly heft boost to the gameplay experience.

I also came late to the 12x xp party. I had never played before and really only bothered because somebody mentioned this. When SWTOR was originally marketed, I said that I'd gladly pay a subscription fee for KOTOR that periodically gets new content. Yet somehow SWTOR had multiple expansions without any new stories beyond the usual MMO fare.

Now, it seems like they might have realized the error of their ways. I'm not presently interested in and never was interested in generic MMO but "in space." I want to play the class stories. I don't want to kill one million boars. If anybody from Bioware's CM team is watching this thread: I am telling you how to keep me as a subscriber.

If I have to hop on the bring me 20 rat tails treadmill to experience the rest of the class story content, I'm done. That's not why I subbed. I will happily pay to run PvP etc content while waiting for new episodes as long as I have reason to believe that more quality storytelling is coming.

Please let me pay you to enjoy what you have created.

With the way KoFE story content is set up and how a good number of people want to seem to play the rest of it I would argue that this is a single player game with optional mmo content (I.e. group raids / content) rather than a full fat mmo.

Though to be honest what you label or call the game doesn't really matter as far as i am concerned unless you are a swtor marketing guru.

On topic, folks just want to play what they find fun and if that is just the class stories then I think you should be able to buy 12 x xp from the cartel market on a per character basis. I would say 1000 cartel points would be a fair price as it is a fairly heft boost to the gameplay experience.

They do recognize that the grind was a bit too steep or they wouldn't have given 12x xp for 6 months in the first place, but then they're only cutting it in half to 6x xp for class story, and making up for it by making the main planetary questline 6x xp to essentially equalize it. Not only that, they're going to be offering an insta-60 for CC soon... how much easier does anyone need it? I seriously think this is a non-issue people are blowing out of proportion.

They do recognize that the grind was a bit too steep or they wouldn't have given 12x xp for 6 months in the first place, but then they're only cutting it in half to 6x xp for class story, and making up for it by making the main planetary questline 6x xp to essentially equalize it. Not only that, they're going to be offering an insta-60 for CC soon... how much easier does anyone need it? I seriously think this is a non-issue people are blowing out of proportion.

The insta 60 is only a solution if you are happy to skip the class story so not really a solution as that is the bit folks want to experience. And playing the planetary quests is OK a couple of times at most but it is still means you having to repeat content you don't enjoy to play the stuff you do.

Now a lot of us have experienced the fun that is 12 x makes things its going to be a little rough to step back from that.

Still think the best solution is to offer it as an option on the cartel market for about 1000 coins on a per character basis. I would also make it so you can not buy on gtn so only way to aquire is cartel store, money in the bank for Bioware.

Stop lying to people, ok?

-> it's not 6x, it's closer to 2x the original xp.

-> insta 60 CAN'T do 1-50 story, arguably the best and the most attractive content of this game.

Or continue lying, you're most likely just a BW employee in hiding...

Personally, I hate MMOs. I hate grinding, I hate working with people online. This thread had a lovely sampling of why.

But I loved KOTOR and KOTOR 2. And instead of making a KOTOR 3, they made SWTOR. So while I hatehatehate the MMO aspects of the game I dearly love the lore and main story missions. And with the past two expansions it's pretty clear that this is how the remainder of the KOTOR story will be told. I lost hope of a KOTOR 3 years ago.

So I'm not going to demand the 12x back. I'm not going to sit and pout. BUT I will share in the opinion that it would be amaaaaaazing if that was a permanent feature people could op into in order to bypass a lot of the MMO stuff.

And to be honest, I'll actually be surprised if they don't. It seems like a wasted opportunity to tap into the section of players who aren't playing it because it's an MMO but are playing *in spite* of it being an MMO. They've definitely marketed the newest expansion on stories and choices, so it seems they aware there's a market for being story oriented too.

Let me answer a couple of things posted:

- Class and planetary missions are not x6. They are more like x2. So you have to grind to level properly. And I don't even want to do planetary missions a second time. I want to play the story for all 8 characters, playing planetary missions only once for each faction. In order to do that, I need the x12 class mission xp. I have no clue why they removed something that was working perfectly.

- I most certainly won't pay extra money to get x12 class mission like some people suggested. I paid the subscription money to play the stories already. I'm not interested in the MMO aspect of the game. I don't like MMOs and this game is not even a good MMO. I'm playing it for the good story and voice acting.

from the patch notes:

New 1-60 Leveling Experience! Leveling from level 1 has never been more exciting! You can now reach Level 60 by doing Main Story Arc Missions and Planetary Arc Missions.

Whats the difference? Not much.

Also it was clearly stated the bonus was not permanent.

God forbid people play the game.

Yes you will soon be able buy your pre made L60s.

Edited by Morlach

from the patch notes:

Whats the difference? Not much.

Also it was clearly stated the bonus was not permanent.

God forbid people play the game.

Yes you will soon be able buy your pre made L60s.

Are you even reading the thread? I DO NOT WANT TO BUY LVL 60s. I WANT TO PLAY THE STORIES WITHOUT REPEAT CONTENT.

Are you even reading the thread? I DO NOT WANT TO BUY LVL 60s. I WANT TO PLAY THE STORIES WITHOUT REPEAT CONTENT.

People don't like to read. ^^

I agree with you, but sadly the issue is not that big of a problem for me since I am kinda not a alt person. However, I can understand why people hate things taking longer since the mmo elements/combat in this game blows.

people don't like to read. ^^

i agree with you, but sadly the issue is not that big of a problem for me since i am kinda not a alt person. However, i can understand why people hate things taking longer since the mmo elements/combat in this game blows.

It blows big time!

Edited by Cuiwe

Yea they should bring it back until the xpansion hits.... cause after screwing a bunch of people over that thought they were getting early access. now we cant level our toons until the DLC is officially out.... it was stupid for them to remove it on the day of early access. thats another thing that made people think they were getting early access just for subbing before the 19th. i agree with original poster

yea the 12x xp was designed so you could just do your Class's Story line and not get bored and level faster. honestly they could make this game have an offline mode. and level our characters with the story class missions only offline.. that was really awesome... i leveled my BH merc up. my Scoundrel. a sage. a Assasin. and i finished my sentinel the last day before i thought i was getting EA but they just removed 12x xp from the subbers. and we dont get the new dlc until the 27 or w/e. and they took away our 12x xp .. which was suppose to be through Fall.. or was it until fall.. i dont remember obviously it was until fall. and just summer. but one more week. would have been nice... specially for those of us that dont have EA yet

I'm just throwing this out here, I would pay 2,000 to 5,000 for permanent 12x xp boost. What I would do was do ALL the missions until level 21 then continue the story, but now the level sync won't let me be the over powered god like sith I want!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! This is bull$&%# WHY! It pisses me off! I don't play PvP I'm strictly PvE! Then they go and remove half the side missions! I get it, you don't want over powered players screwing people in PvP, but how about the ones that want the story?! I want a super over powered sith to take on the world! Its BULL!

Pick a different class..... different class, different missions.

Not true. The stories are different but you still have the same related side quests on each planet. It'll get boring fast.

For subs, bring back the 12xp. Who cares if I'm higher level in an area.. who is it hurting?

IMO what they should do is give a legacy bonus to class missions on a planet, which you UNLOCK with completing the planet's storyline + bonus series on ONE character.

That way they could make sure that people actually DO experience their planetary stories at least once and would also allow people to not have to repeat those.

But then I also thought they should have done phasing correctly in the first place instead of using those stupid class gates and that never happened either ;). I'm not very impressed with SwTor Staff's coding/code design expertise.

I'm just throwing this out here, I would pay 2,000 to 5,000 for permanent 12x xp boost. What I would do was do ALL the missions until level 21 then continue the story, but now the level sync won't let me be the over powered god like sith I want!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! This is bull$&%# WHY! It pisses me off! I don't play PvP I'm strictly PvE! Then they go and remove half the side missions! I get it, you don't want over powered players screwing people in PvP, but how about the ones that want the story?! I want a super over powered sith to take on the world! Its BULL!

Nonsense! You are playing by THEIR rules or you're OUT!

Take your pick ;) . Good thing I picked my mains(BH PT / JC Sage) and off mains(Trooper Vanguard / Marauder). Anyhow these are my pairs of characters:

BH PT + JC Sage (care for ideals{ honour / valour } and close circle of friends vs care for the whole galaxy)

Trooper Vanguard + Sith Marauder (themes of loyalty vs themes of independence)

Jedi Guardian + Sniper (two differing ways to protect others)

Smuggler + Sith Assassin (two differing "rise of me" stories, both gray)

I pretty much subscribed for this so I could play the story only cause I dont have the time to constantly do little quests between real life responsibilities. They definitely need to bring this back or make it purchasable! Or they have lost a subscriber!

Thats your problem, not the games... "Hey devs, change your game to fit my life"

Gotta love that "or else" comment too.

IMO what they should do is give a legacy bonus to class missions on a planet, which you UNLOCK with completing the planet's storyline + bonus series on ONE character.

That way they could make sure that people actually DO experience their planetary stories at least once and would also allow people to not have to repeat those.

But then I also thought they should have done phasing correctly in the first place instead of using those stupid class gates and that never happened either ;). I'm not very impressed with SwTor Staff's coding/code design expertise.

This is a very good suggestion. I want to do the planetary quests but only once.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.