@Bioware, there's still time to remedy Early Access...

Herculieas

All the emails direct you to here http://www.swtor.com/fallen-empire/rewards, even the ones that were sent out on the 19th.

Then you had all the information you needed on that page. But the email I got on sept 23rd says nothing about early access. So unless you can provide something that shows Bioware/EA were advertising in email early access after aug 11th, then you don't have a point really.

GripenWard was claiming that emails sent after aug 11th mentioned Early Access. The only email I have says nothing about it, only Nico's coat.

why does someone have to read further.

When you see a * by a statement, and look no further, you have no one to blame but yourself for not being informed.

Edited by VanorDM

• Replies 434
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was always taught to read the entire thing and learn what they are saying. I always read the fine print in everything, including my cable or internet service to be sure I understand everything.

I read the post they had and to me it said you needed to be sub from (July 31) till October 19 to get early access so I did that but then again I make sure I stay sub since launch.

Of course my interpretation of the post may due to my always reading the fine print which it seems most people don't do but we cannot blame it on the company if someone doesn't take the time to read the fine print .

Every email I received always referred you back to the original post. If you didn't take the time to read it, who is at fault for that?

Then you had all the information you needed on that page. But the email I got on sept 23rd says nothing about early access. So unless you can provide something that shows Bioware/EA were advertising in email early access after aug 11th, then you don't have a point really.

GripenWard was claiming that emails sent after aug 11th mentioned Early Access. The only email I have says nothing about it, only Nico's coat.

When you see a * by a statement, and look no further, you have no one to blame but yourself for not being informed.

then you are saying its okay that bioware hoodwinked us? because we trusted them! Okay gotcha, so from now on don't buy anything bioware, sounds good! I mean they require us to look at less obvious places for information that cost us time and subscription.

Also on the emails if you click on terms of service you go here: http://www.swtor.com/fallen-empire/rewards

Whereas by your own admission we should be directed to the TOS which we are not.

this was all figured out after the fact of course.

I was always taught to read the entire thing and learn what they are saying. I always read the fine print in everything, including my cable or internet service to be sure I understand everything.

I read the post they had and to me it said you needed to be sub from (July 31) till October 19 to get early access so I did that but then again I make sure I stay sub since launch.

Of course my interpretation of the post may due to my always reading the fine print which it seems most people don't do but we cannot blame it on the company if someone doesn't take the time to read the fine print .

Every email I received always referred you back to the original post. If you didn't take the time to read it, who is at fault for that?

click on the terms of service in the email and see where it takes you, not where it should.

then you are saying its okay that bioware hoodwinked us? because we trusted them! Okay gotcha, so from now on don't buy anything bioware, sounds good! I mean they require us to look at less obvious places for information that cost us time and subscription.

Also on the emails if you click on terms of service you go here: http://www.swtor.com/fallen-empire/rewards

Whereas by your own admission we should be directed to the TOS which we are not.

this was all figured out after the fact of course.

I would suggest you never purchase anything again from anyone with that attitude. The nature of marketing is to catch someone's eye, not to give you a detailed breakdown on what is offered. It would be like assuming every case of beer came with a party because the commercial told you it got the party started.

then you are saying its okay that bioware hoodwinked us?

No I'm saying that if you got hoodwinked, it was your own fault. Not sure how many more times and ways I can say that.

I mean they require us to look at less obvious places for information that cost us time and subscription.

Yes scrolling down to the bottom of the page is so hard, and there's no way anyone could be expected to do something like that when they read a statement with a * by it.

The bottom of the page says "To qualify for the Early Access Bonus, you must have qualified for each of the four rewards by being a subscriber on each of the 4 listed reward dates. Once you qualify you may enter and play Knights of the Fallen Empire on October 20, 2015, seven (7) days prior to live launch on October 27, 2015."

I'm not sure who's post you're reading but they're not mine. Oh and the one email I have, when I click on the Terms and Service link I go to http://www.swtor.com/fallen-empire/terms Which lists what I quoted above.

Of course you are someone who believes that the fact that they put a * next to a statement and used a disclaimer is proof that they were trying to hide something... Because you know the best way to hide something is to draw attention to it...

Edited by VanorDM

click on the terms of service in the email and see where it takes you, not where it should.

Did you scroll down to this section or just stop at the top?

"To qualify for the Early Access Bonus, you must have qualified for each of the four rewards by being a subscriber on each of the 4 listed reward dates." http://www.swtor.com/fallen-empire/media

Which to me means you need to be a sub from (July 31) to October 19 as the rewards were given out each month you were sub.

Edited by ScarletBlaze

All the emails direct you to here http://www.swtor.com/fallen-empire/rewards, even the ones that were sent out on the 19th. When you get directed to that page you see early access in bold along with whatever they say you were getting, why does someone have to read further. this is a marketing ploy by bioware plain and simple, this has been proving by now regardless of the disclaimers!

Assuming they were tricksey...so?

Did you scroll down to this section or just stop at the top?

"To qualify for the Early Access Bonus, you must have qualified for each of the four rewards by being a subscriber on each of the 4 listed reward dates." http://www.swtor.com/fallen-empire/media

Which to me means you need to be a sub from (July 31) to October 19 as the rewards were given out each month you were sub.

When you click on something that says term of service you are suppossed to be directed to the page with the terms of service not the promotion. That what a link if for, clearly for those that did that all they say was the flashy image and not the explanatory sentence that would disqualify them, I know I am not wrong in thinking it should have taking you to the TOS portion without the need to scroll down!

i guess i am one of the few that understood the requirements from day one. even went so far as to ensure that i did the 3 month sub option to ensure that i was OK after the first date.

with that said, i will most likely not even start the new expansion for another few weeks; but its nice to have options.

No I'm saying that if you got hoodwinked, it was your own fault. Not sure how many more times and ways I can say that.

Yes scrolling down to the bottom of the page is so hard, and there's no way anyone could be expected to do something like that when they read a statement with a * by it.

The bottom of the page says "To qualify for the Early Access Bonus, you must have qualified for each of the four rewards by being a subscriber on each of the 4 listed reward dates. Once you qualify you may enter and play Knights of the Fallen Empire on October 20, 2015, seven (7) days prior to live launch on October 27, 2015."

I'm not sure who's post you're reading but they're not mine. Oh and the one email I have, when I click on the Terms and Service link I go to http://www.swtor.com/fallen-empire/terms Which lists what I quoted above.

Of course you are someone who believes that the fact that they put a * next to a statement and used a disclaimer is proof that they were trying to hide something... Because you know the best way to hide something is to draw attention to it...

Actually it wasn't our fault, how were we supposed to know where the terms of service were located, on the promotion page there was no link to it from the asterix. So are we to assume its in their somewhere even though we have to scroll through for more flashy things to get to it. It would only be our fault if EA/Bioware didn't purposefully mislead. If a company wanted to draw attention to it they would have made a link to it or even better spelled it out like it is in the terms of service on the promotion itself.

I am starting to believe that the people that have early access are happy that the promotion was misleading, maybe they feel elitist or something. I also feel like some people who are saying they understood it actually didn't and was pleasenetly surprised they had access to it. The people on here that don't have access have a ligetimate reason to vent, the people who are trying to defend something they now is confusing need to ask themselves why? is it because your are bored of the game and or finished and just want to troll

All we want is a response from the devlopers acknowldeing our issues, that does not mean they have to honor them, just acknowledge they exist.

When you click on something that says term of service you are suppossed to be directed to the page with the terms of service not the promotion.

Per the link I posted above, it actually takes you to the T&C for the new expansion, not the promotion page. So either check your facts... Because I'm going to assume you're ignoring what others are posting rather than deliberately lying.

I know I am not wrong in thinking it should have taking you to the TOS portion without the need to scroll down!

No you're wrong in what you're trying to claim... The email I have, has a promotion part that leads quite naturally to the promotion, and once again early access is not mentioned even once in the email itself. If however I click on the Terms apply link that takes me to the T&C section of the page directly.

So unless you can provide evidence to the contrary, please stop using BS to try and make a point.

Edited by VanorDM

"Too many companies/lawyers treat website Terms of Service (TOS) as boilerplate agreements that no one reads. Many companies simply put a link at the bottom of the homepage. This approach continues to prove ineffective, as courts are more frequently refusing to enforce TOS absent properly drafted terms and a requirement that the user read and/or affirmatively accept the terms. In a recent 9th

Circuit Appeal, the court ruled against Barnes&Noble stating that “where the link to a website’s terms of use is buried at the bottom of the page or tucked away in obscure corners of the website where users are unlikely to see it, courts have refused to enforce the browse-wrap agreement.”

ill post this again, Bioware was wrong and they need to fix it.

Actually it wasn't our fault, how were we supposed to know where the terms of service were located, on the promotion page there was no link to it from the asterix. So are we to assume its in their somewhere even though we have to scroll through for more flashy things to get to it. It would only be our fault if EA/Bioware didn't purposefully mislead. If a company wanted to draw attention to it they would have made a link to it or even better spelled it out like it is in the terms of service on the promotion itself.

I am starting to believe that the people that have early access are happy that the promotion was misleading, maybe they feel elitist or something. I also feel like some people who are saying they understood it actually didn't and was pleasenetly surprised they had access to it. The people on here that don't have access have a ligetimate reason to vent, the people who are trying to defend something they now is confusing need to ask themselves why? is it because your are bored of the game and or finished and just want to troll

All we want is a response from the devlopers acknowldeing our issues, that does not mean they have to honor them, just acknowledge they exist.

You are a strange one,you mean to tell me all those months you never logged in once? never spoke to your guildies?

never went to the many other sites that discussed it? the list is endless,were you on a cruise on some ship somewhere?

Edited by Sathid

When you click on something that says term of service you are suppossed to be directed to the page with the terms of service not the promotion. That what a link if for, clearly for those that did that all they say was the flashy image and not the explanatory sentence that would disqualify them, I know I am not wrong in thinking it should have taking you to the TOS portion without the need to scroll down!

It's not a hidden link. There is an asterisk and it's explained after the promotional content ends on the same page.

To qualify for the Early Access Bonus, you must have qualified for each of the four rewards by being a subscriber on each of the 4 listed reward dates. Once you qualify you may enter and play Knights of the Fallen Empire on October 20, 2015, seven (7) days prior to live launch on October 27, 2015.

Actually it wasn't our fault, how were we supposed to know where the terms of service were located, on the promotion page there was no link to it from the asterix.

Are you 12 or something? the Terms were at the bottom of the page, like they are on every page. Any time you see a * that means you go to the end of the document to look for the notes that pertain to that *.

So are we to assume its in their somewhere even though we have to scroll through for more flashy things to get to it.

Yes you should assume it's in there somewhere.

I also feel like some people who are saying they understood it actually didn't and was pleasenetly surprised they had access to it.

I had no problem understanding it, and I do not have access to it.

Edited by VanorDM

I just checked on the email thing and apparently not all emails are equal one of them directed me to http://www.swtor.com/fallen-empire/terms when I clicked the 1 asterick terms, while another email with the link terms of service also promoting KOTFE directed me to hear http://www.swtor.com/fallen-empire/rewards.

Apparently I clicked on the one that directed me to rewards instead of terms, still there is at least one email that directs you towards rewards not terms and I can forward it to anyone that needs proof:

“Be the Center of the Story” Photo-Op, and BioWare Story Panel!

If you are having trouble viewing this email, please click here.

STAR WARS

ATTEND the Comic-Con Cantina Event!

pre-register now

Story Panel: AN inside look at the new story

Meet the lead writer for Knights of the Fallen Empire.

LEARN MORE

Meet & Greet: Meet the team

Enjoy refreshments while meeting members of the dev team and friends from the community.

LEARN MORE

New Expansion: Knights of the Fallen Empire

Find out about the new Subscriber Rewards Program and how to qualify for Early Access.

LEARN MORE

facebook twitter youtube twitch instagram

*Terms and Conditions Apply. Click Here For Details.

To unsubscribe or otherwise manage your email preferences, Click Here.

LucasArts, the LucasArts logo, STAR WARS and related properties are trademarks in the United States and/or in other countries of Lucasfilm Ltd. and/or its affiliates. © 2015 Lucasfilm Entertainment Company Ltd. or Lucasfilm Ltd. All rights reserved. BioWare and the BioWare logo are trademarks of EA International (Studio and Publishing) Ltd. EA and the EA logo are trademarks of Electronic Arts Inc. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.

Electronic Arts Inc. 209 Redwood Shores Parkway, Redwood City, CA 94065

Terms of Service | Privacy Policy

You should always find the terms of service as in some companies, such as cell phones, if there is a problem with the service, there is a clause that states you have to go to mediation before even attempting to try to take them to Court and sometimes there are binding arbitration which means you cannot take them to court over a problem, you have to go to mediation.

This is one thing I have learn in my law classes the last few semesters. Always look for the terms of service as if you don't it comes back to you for not reading the terms of services.

And just for your information: I am not even doing the story right now. I have finals this week and my boyfriend is in the air force basic so he can't play so early access doesn't mean much right now for me as my finals come first and I don't do new stories without my boyfriend as we play together.

Edited by ScarletBlaze

Apparently I clicked on the one that directed me to rewards instead of terms, still there is at least one email that directs you towards rewards not terms and I can forward it to anyone that needs proof:

So there's an email that when you click on the T&C link, it directs you to the rewards section? Please post the link.

However even if that were true, it still doesn't prove anything. Because the T&C is on that page, and there's a bloody asterisks there which should be all the clue anyone needs to realize that there's more information somewhere you may want to read.

The really screwed up thing about this is that my sub timed out before august, I just resubscribed last week, and I have all the perks. Also, my entire update process for the game took under 20 minutes. o.O I hear all these horror stories and wonder why in the world I got everything handed to me with no problem. I didn't even particularly care about early access.

You are a strange one,you mean to tell me all those months you never logged in once? never spoke to your guildies?

never went to the many other sites that discussed it? the list is endless,were you on a cruise on some ship somewhere?

I don't check information unless their is a problem, also I hadn't played SWTOR in 5 months, heck I subscribed on September 2nd and only played three days since then and that was to level to 60 after buying Revan expansion. So no I didn t search for the information because all the other early access was subscribe by this day and you in, not four dates.

FOUR DATES PEOPLE, FOUR!, WHO DOES FOUR, FOUR, WHY AS A CONSUMER SHOULD I THINK IT IS FOUR, ITS NOT EVEN MONTHS LIKE A SUBSCRIPTION ITS FOUR ONE DAY REQUIREMENTS NOT 4 30 DAY REQUIREMENTS, THIS WHOLE THING SMELLS ROTTEN

ROTTEN TO THE CORE, BIOWARE FEELS BROWN TO ME, WHY DO I HAVE SUCH BAD IMAGERY OF A COMPANY, WHY BIOWARE, WHY LUCASFILSM, WHY DISNEY, WHY EA, WHY DEVELEPORS, WHY INVESTORS, WHY CORPORATE GREED, WHY, WE WHERE GOING TO SUBSCRIBE ANYWAY, WHY DID YOU NEED TO TRICK US, WHY FOUR DAYS, WHY NOT ONE, WHY NOT A CLEARER MESSAGE, WHY WHY WHY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The really screwed up thing about this is that my sub timed out before august, I just resubscribed last week, and I have all the perks. Also, my entire update process for the game took under 20 minutes. o.O I hear all these horror stories and wonder why in the world I got everything handed to me with no problem. I didn't even particularly care about early access.

Might want to check your transaction records. If your sub wasn't active on the four dates for rewards, they wouldn't give you early access. I'd also verify you can actually access the KotFE story, simply seeing some of the new features in 4.0 doesn't mean you have early access.

But ya, people taking hours to dload the patch had something going on with their internet. I got it in about 20 min like you did.

I don't check information unless their is a problem

And again that is your problem not anyone else's. If you can't be bothered to inform yourself then you have only yourself to blame when you misunderstand something. If the T&C was hidden or had 2pt font, you may have a reason to be confused. But in this case the information you needed was right there, in plain english and the only thing you had to do is scroll to the bottom of the page.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.