4.0 Combat/Carnage Guide Updates

Bahadori

Hey guys,

Just wanted to let you all know that the Combat/Carnage guides are, for the most part, complete. I've just gotten to 65 so i'm looking to gear out and do up some parsing analysis and some video augmentation guides to supplement the text guide and then it'll be a complete project. Right now i'm looking at a November 3rd Tentative release. If I can get it done sooner than that i'll let you guys know. I'll post updates here and will make a new thread for the 4.0 guides once they release!

Hey guys,

Just wanted to let you all know that the Combat/Carnage guides are, for the most part, complete. I've just gotten to 65 so i'm looking to gear out and do up some parsing analysis and some video augmentation guides to supplement the text guide and then it'll be a complete project. Right now i'm looking at a November 3rd Tentative release. If I can get it done sooner than that i'll let you guys know. I'll post updates here and will make a new thread for the 4.0 guides once they release!

Well, I'm slow leveling :p, but it looks that rotation remains the same. Stat distribution is now different though

Hey guys,

Sweet, this will probably help me answer some questions. I saw alot of ppl doing some wierd stuff on Parsely.io...DB/CB and ravages/master strike outside of gore. I was hella confused.

Hey guys,

I was going to post here in hopes of you updating your guide for 4.0 ... only to find this thread sitting on the top!

Thanks, as always.

As an early preview, whilst we are in that post-expac, pre-ops phase: is it looking best to keep our 192 set bonus armourings?

I just got my marauder through Chapter 9 and so am now trying to get her ready for when my guild resumes ops.

I would keep the 192's. It's absolutely doable doing SM's since they give a bolster with 192 gear and you can pick up 216 set gear in those SM's so i would hold them until you grab up the 216's from the SM ops :D

As an early preview, whilst we are in that post-expac, pre-ops phase: is it looking best to keep our 192 set bonus armourings?

I just got my marauder through Chapter 9 and so am now trying to get her ready for when my guild resumes ops.

As a side note, the 216/220 set bonus armorings do not work with the 192/198s, so keep your old set bonus until you get all 6 pieces for 216 before you put the armorings in your gear.

I'm looking forward to this.

I have no idea what is best in this brave new world of 4.0. I'd hoped to get rid of accuracy but it seems this may not be an option (though can be lowered), I'd gone with Alacrity something I haven't done since 1.0 and really enjoyed it, my rational being that I want ravage in the gore window and i have concerns that even the slight delay of button mashing means the final blow strike just after the window closes. And lets face it if you don't get the last hit in within the window the attack would be worse than using blast and throw.

Likewise the changes to crit and surge make me wonder if they are worth stacking. Though I am sure from playing my other characters that my marauder seems to crit far far less often (outside of guarented crits) than they do with a higher crit score. So part of me wrongly I hope wants to invest elsewhere as this feels bugged and by investing in a bug only compounds the wasted options.

Costello, keep an eye out for Goblin Lackey and Keyboard Ninja's work too for 'more general' 4.0 theorycrafting.

(No offense to them! 'More general' as in 'not-marauder/sentinel-specific' only.)

We are blessed with some super-saavy players willing to share their knowledge.

For example, Goblin's initial work on augments in 4.0: http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=844210

Edited by thewitchdoctor

UPDATE:

The Combat and Carnage guides are done with the exception of the video guide component that still needs to be made (would have had this made by now but change in weather got my voice all jacked up and kinda need that to do video guides :p ). I know alot of you are asking about gearing and stats. I'm in contact with the best theorycrafters in the game currently and as soon as i feel confident that we've got acceptable values in line with what we're seeing live in game ill be able to give you all a more definitive answer. With that all said the guides WILL be completed by November 3rd (Yay!). If i get word back from the theroycrafting network and If i can get my voice back and these video guides knocked out before November 3rd then the guides will go live on Dulfy early. Thank you guys for your patience and support as we work to bring you the best guides possible for 4.0 Combat/Carnage :)

Edited by Bahadori

Just wanted to say thanks for this. Its been a long time and I have just decided to come back. Looking forward to your 4.0 guide, until then I'll be using this one. Guess I'll also look for some video guides as well..... sigh, gonna be a long climb back to the top of my game! Thanks again!!!

Update:

The theorycrafters have completed their analysis of 4.0 stats and distributions. So with that i've pushed the guides to Dulfy and we're going to release them ASAP. The Video Guide augmentations have not been completed (as i'm still a bit under the weather) but will be done and added as an update to the guides as soon as possible. Enjoy and i look forward to your feedback!

Thank you so much! I've leveled a Jedi Guardian from 1-55, and was familiar with the basics of Jedi combat. However I'm ignorant of the Sentinel's combat style. I've been gone for a year, and as someone who used his 60 boost to create a Sentinel, this is a HUGE help.

Glad to hear it mate! Enjoy KotFE! :)

Since it's taken a little bit longer than expected to get the Carnage guide live on Dulfy.net I've gone ahead and put the translated guide into a Google Doc and have posted it on my website (Hayete.net). Head over there and navigate to the Combat/Carnage section and you'll find the link that will take you to the guide.

Once Dulfy has had time to post the guide on her site i will discontinue the Google Doc link and replace it with the Dulfy.net link on my site.

Enjoy!