Jorgan (Trooper Companion) Can't Use Assault Cannons Anymore? (but Rusk still can)

LetoAtreidesII

Aric Jorgan (Trooper companion) can't use his iconic Assault Cannon anymore. He can only use blaster rifles now. I'm hoping this was an oversight or a bug, because Seargeant Rusk, the Jedi Knight companion, still uses Assault Cannons just fine. Some clarification on this issue would be appreciated.

Also, Yuun (another Trooper companion) used to use techstaves, but now uses techblades? There are other strange companion changes or glitches. There are reports of companions having the voices of other companions. Corso Riggs can't use blaster pistols anymore, so he can't equip his beloved Torchy. Double-bladed saber companions can no longer use single bladed sabers. And I'm sure there are other weapon-type bugs or changes that I'm not aware of.

Yeah, it's all messed up! Corso can't use blaster pistols anymore and thus his iconic "Torchy" blaster that much of your class story is about!

And Kira, Nadya, Jaesa now can't use regular single-bladed lightsabers anymore either, which really sucks. I hate to be forced to have dual bladed lightsabers on my only Jedi companion! Now some of the cartel market lightsabers and other weapons I bought specifically for my specific companions for roleplay are useless! Why doesn't Bioware simply open up all weapons for all companions? Now that all companion abilities are standardized and weapons don't affect stats, animations are standardized across companions there really is no reason to have restrictions which weapon which companion can use anymore at all.

Yeah, it's all messed up! Corso can't use blaster pistols anymore and thus his iconic "Torchy" blaster that much of your class story is about!

Lol for real? Aric is one thing but this. :eek: Dat upgrade from Bioware...

Edited by Glower

In a blog released fairly recently they posted Aric would be changed to sniper rifles I believe.

Well, it seems like this change may have been intentional. :(

NPC Changes

Some companions can now equip multiple weapon types:

Gault Rennow now uses Blaster Rifles and Sniper Rifles.

Kaliyo Djannis now uses Blaster Rifles and Sniper Rifles.

Lieutenant Felix Iresso now uses Blaster Rifles and Sniper Rifles.

Qyzen Fess now only uses Techblades.

Zenith now uses Blaster Rifles and Sniper Rifles.

T7-01 now only uses Blaster Rifles.

Lieutenant Pierce now uses Blaster Rifles and Sniper Rifles.

Corso Riggs now uses Blaster Rifles and Sniper Rifles.

Risha now uses Blaster Rifles and Sniper Rifles.

Aric Jorgan now uses Blaster Rifles and Sniper Rifles.

Yuun now only uses Techblades.

C2-N2 now only uses a single Blaster Pistol.

2V-R8 now only uses a single Blaster Pistol.

Lorewise, it might make sense, but the guy was using an assault cannon for 4 years. It didn't have to happen. All your weapons that say Jorgan on them are Assault Cannons still.

They have the ability to allow characters to use multiple weapon types now, so I see no good reason why Jorgan can't use both rifles and assault cannons.

Is there any way we can allow Jorgan to use the weapons that many of us have chosen for him and know him so well for in addition to rifles? They clearly have the ability to allow him to use both, so why not?

Edited by LetoAtreidesII

My Jorgan(s) are using sniper rifles just fine now. Which, is how it should have been from the beginning. His entire companion story line is all about how his old unit was the Deadeyes, the best sniper team in the Republic, and he was the best of the Deadeyes. Elite sniper... doesn't know how to use a sniper rifle and uses an assault cannon instead? Makes no sense. So, Jorgan is finally fixed, he's not bugged.

My Jorgan(s) are using sniper rifles just fine now. Which, is how it should have been from the beginning. His entire companion story line is all about how his old unit was the Deadeyes, the best sniper team in the Republic, and he was the best of the Deadeyes. Elite sniper... doesn't know how to use a sniper rifle and uses an assault cannon instead? Makes no sense. So, Jorgan is finally fixed, he's not bugged.

Correct !

Yes, but as I've said, that's no good reason why he can't use both rifles and assault cannons. They have the ability to allow him to use both. And it's not like snipers don't know how to use other weapons as well.

Yes, but as I've said, that's no good reason why he can't use both rifles and assault cannons. They have the ability to allow him to use both. And it's not like snipers don't know how to use other weapons as well.

It's because of ability animations, most likely.

However, they could switch his abilities to Rusks skill set.

In terms of Jorgan, its just correcting a old mistake the guy was a former sniper so it never made any sense for him to be using assault cannons, based on this the second weapon that makes sense would be a blaster rifle.

For Corso it's fairly silly for him to have spent all of chapter 1 trying to get his blaster pistol back only for him not to be able to keep it, they should have left him with Blaster rifles and blaster pistols.

Kira, Jaesa and Nadia are odd ones as certainly the first 2 should have learned the basics of lightsaber combat using a single blade before switching to the more difficult saberstaff, it would make perfect sense for these to be able to wield both a single saber and a staff weapon.

It's because of ability animations, most likely.

However, they could switch his abilities to Rusks skill set.

It's possible animations are an issue, but it's unlikely since comps with animations designed for one weapon type were able to or are able to function just fine with another. Before 4.0, double-bladed saber companions were able to equip one handed sabers and the animations worked fine for both. Currently, Treek can use both pistols and blaster rifles and her animations work fine with both.

Also, the player commando class is able to use both blaster rifles and assault cannons, and the animations for all their abilities work just fine with both. They have a TON of abilities, and it's highly unlikely they were all designed and tested for blaster rifles when commando is a pure assault cannon class.

In terms of Jorgan, its just correcting a old mistake the guy was a former sniper so it never made any sense for him to be using assault cannons, based on this the second weapon that makes sense would be a blaster rifle.

For Corso it's fairly silly for him to have spent all of chapter 1 trying to get his blaster pistol back only for him not to be able to keep it, they should have left him with Blaster rifles and blaster pistols.

Kira, Jaesa and Nadia are odd ones as certainly the first 2 should have learned the basics of lightsaber combat using a single blade before switching to the more difficult saberstaff, it would make perfect sense for these to be able to wield both a single saber and a staff weapon.

Yes, we all know that Jorgan is a former sniper and yes, it makes sense for him to use sniper rifles and blaster rifles (as is currently the case). That doesn't mean that story-wise, he can't use assault cannons as well.

Story-wise, it's possible that upon joining Havoc Squad, Jorgan did some additional training that included assault cannon use. Just look at the trooper player character commando advanced class. You start off only knowing how to use blaster rifles and then you learn how to use assault cannons as well (commandos are still able to use rifles). Or, he might have known how to use an assault cannon before he became a sniper. He might have originally been a heavy support gunner before he went through sniper training and joined the Deadeyes. We don't know Jorgan's full history.

So story-wise, it can make perfect sense for Jorgan to use both rifles and assault cannons. In addition to that, story isn't the only consideration here. There's also the fact that Jorgan's been using assault cannons for the past four years. In honor of that, he should be given the option to use both rifles and cannons. To many of us, because of the past four years, the assault cannon is Jorgan's iconic, classic weapon. Let's not pretend the past four years didn't happen.

Also, many people have customized Jorgan's appearance to include specific assault cannons. In the end, it's about giving players the freedom to choose between the weapons they've been having Jorgan use for four years and the rifles he is currently able to use.

Edited by LetoAtreidesII