4.0 changes. Why? Just why...

Equeliber

I can live with the force rend replacing charge.

But please, turn Annihilate back to its old cooldown, the rotation is very clunky and sluggish without it having its 6 second cooldown.

It was the most fun part of the entire spec.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The changes I thought were dumb as well, AT FIRST. But then as I began gearing my toon and parsing, I realized the adjustments to lowering critical on certain moves was definitely necessary, otherwise I'd be able to crit moves to 25k+, almost half of most people's HP now. This is my assessment and reassurance to show you how the change to lowering critical isn't game breaking to any DPS loss at all whatsoever. "Super Crit" is the new thing with combat/carnage spec. I play a sentinel and can tell you that my DPS hasn't gotten worse, but better. For example just yesterday I chained two hits in one instance on Brontes in GF with both a 18.1k and 18.2k hit, using clashing blast + dispatch (there wasn't any boss debuff either). That's over 36k in less than 2 seconds. This is an example of Super Crit.

Just remember you need to factor in that we have much higher tiers of gear, which is another reason to reducing critical %. In case your wondering what my gear is that I'm running, I'm using almost all 216 set bonus / raid mods and enhancements and both 220 hilts.

Accuracy - 110.17%

Critical - 38% +/-

Critical Multiplier - 67.92%

Alacrity - 8.22%

i took my anni mara into a ToS hm split group (half mains, half alts) last night and was very pleased with the damage output. i was putting out very close dps to the mains in our group (a jugg and pt) in much worse gear. that is particularly impressive against the powertech since those guys are just insane and have been since 3.0.

i do miss the 0 meter force charge, but can also see how it has greatly improved my mobility. more to the point, the rotation just doesn't play the way it used to. spreading dots is just as much a priority for good dps as it is for the other dot classes, but for some reason anni players absolutely hate it. this pushed bw into reducing the amount of time the dots tick, in contrast to all the other dot specs that have much longer durations. now we're this weird single target/dot spread hybrid thing, but from what i am seeing in parses, it is not bad.

tl,dr: give the new anni a chance.

Edited by sumquy