Did we get nerfed?

Bladedarkman

Well I added another 250 crit which puts me at 1450, and 5 alacrity augments (365) with the new SB, I did one parse before raid because that's all I had time for, and I hit 5700, the APM was a bit low with alacrity but the crit was there, 50% on the parse, I only have the 216mh right now, I probably won't parse more until I have the 224 though

What does your Mastery and power sit at right now? I've been doing some parses (And admittedly suck a bit) so haven't gotten near as high as you have. I'll try a stat budget closer to yours and see what happens!

What does your Mastery and power sit at right now? I've been doing some parses (And admittedly suck a bit) so haven't gotten near as high as you have. I'll try a stat budget closer to yours and see what happens!

Believe my mastery stimmed is 5179, and power is around 2300, I'll post tonight wheni login go give you exact values

[...] in 4.0 this is a FLAT dps INCREASE for jugs/guardians. and don't judge a player by what the parse numbers are anyways, we were practically bottom of the barrel last tier and plenty of people still cleared content with them

agree with that,

powertech/vangard and snipers/gunslinger have already reached 7200+ dps ! vengeance guardians/jugg have difficulties to exceed 6300 with full 220 set bonus and 220 mh/oh !

why so much difference with 3.0 ????????????????

Edited by bouledepoil

agree with that,

powertech/vangard and snipers/gunslinger have already reached 7200+ dps ! vengeance guardians/jugg have difficulties to exceed 6300 with full 220 set bonus and 220 mh/oh !

why so much difference with 3.0 ????????????????

224 offhand. That's the gear I have, I have mostly 220 set bonuses and mods, 224 OH, 220 MH, and 216 left side.

It's because they nerfed Ravage and Shatter significantly and neutered our crit chance increase to dots and Plasma Brand, and they added Force Rush to Vig Thrust instead of just making it a rolling buff, which would make the spec actually consistent instead of RNG based on keening procs (Which is less of an issue now but it IS still there).

Although note that not a lot of people even have 220 full bonuses, so the point still stands, most of the other classes are demolishing our damage, it's ridiculous. Mercs are in a similar place >.>

Edited by GrandLordMenace

I don't understand the Blade Dance nerf at all. I don't raid, but in pvp (using full customized 208s) the most I've gotten out of a full crit BD is ~20k, over what amounts to 2 GCDs. Several classes can hit harder than that in one. Overhead Slash + Dispatch is waaay more damage in the same window.

So, what used to be the bread and butter of our class is basically a soft cc with a pretty animation now? :rolleyes:

I don't understand the Blade Dance nerf at all. I don't raid, but in pvp (using full customized 208s) the most I've gotten out of a full crit BD is ~20k, over what amounts to 2 GCDs. Several classes can hit harder than that in one. Overhead Slash + Dispatch is waaay more damage in the same window.

So, what used to be the bread and butter of our class is basically a soft cc with a pretty animation now? :rolleyes:

Pretty much, you overwrite blade dance with plasma brand if it means more dotspread.

It's still good for PVE, but they kicked it in the face for utterly no reason when AP does idiotic damage all around. Either they do a whole lot of nerfing or fix vengeance >.>

Edited by GrandLordMenace

Pretty much, you overwrite blade dance with plasma brand if it means more dotspread.

It's still good for PVE, but they kicked it in the face for utterly no reason when AP does idiotic damage all around. Either they do a whole lot of nerfing or fix vengeance >.>

Should be the latter. I mean, with the dps required for the NiM fights now, if they bring classes like AP down to our level, they'll be rough as hell. Just as example, the best we got Brotes down to by now was 40% before the first shield, and by that point our tanks got two shotted by the Hands slam with 2 40k hits:eek:

Comment from our raid lead was: "Respec to deception, they got aoe dr" :D

Should be the latter. I mean, with the dps required for the NiM fights now, if they bring classes like AP down to our level, they'll be rough as hell. Just as example, the best we got Brotes down to by now was 40% before the first shield, and by that point our tanks got two shotted by the Hands slam with 2 40k hits:eek:

Comment from our raid lead was: "Respec to deception, they got aoe dr" :D

so basically what you are saying is RIP juggs on that fight? :p i actually have not done any nightmare yet, but i am starting to put together my gear for my PT, may be worth switching to rage for brontes? at least for the burn phase?

so basically what you are saying is RIP juggs on that fight? :p i actually have not done any nightmare yet, but i am starting to put together my gear for my PT, may be worth switching to rage for brontes? at least for the burn phase?

Thought about it as well. Problem being, I've never played rage, so I have to practice a lot :(

Thought about it as well. Problem being, I've never played rage, so I have to practice a lot :(

I guess it's time to learn! Lol, I'm trying really really hard to stick with my jugg. But our damage is so low, its hard, especially when There is even one PT in the group they make us look like crap lol, at least we have our AoE lol

The only thing we need back is the blade focus 20% damage. Otherwise everything else is pretty solid.

Although our dots are really just fluff damage the PROPOSED passive of 5% stacks per dot wouldnt hurt.

I dont get why they would give us new class changes saying we get 5% per stack and just randomly decide to

change it to 3%. Perhaps it went something like this:

"Haha we knocked them on the ground by nerfing BD lets kick some dirt in their face by nerfing their new passive!"

I'm waiting until I get BiS 224 set but currently I am in a mix of 216 and 220 with 6pc SB and I parsed 6200. So although we may have been nerfed in blade dance/ravage we are still a viable PVE DPS class. Don't forget we have some abilities that are considered to be one of the best in the game (used as defensive and offensive)

I dont think you can pass the dps-checks in nim-operations. In my opinion jugs are not viable anymore.

And if i look to my PT where i can do 7k with one hand in my pocket, i'm starting to cry. Very bad balance...

Edited by Tintfax

I dont think you can pass the dps-checks in nim-operations. In my opinion jugs are not viable anymore.

And if i look to my PT where i can do 7k with one hand in my pocket, i'm starting to cry. Very bad balance...

Every class is viable, even the Juggernauts. Some classes have it easier on certain bosses but we are very viable, I might say we are even OP in some fights. Haven't done all the NIM content on jugg since the loot is bugged and there is no point but bosses I did had no problem with the dps.

It is true tho, to clear all content as a Juggernaut you need to really good, while to clear all content as a PT you can be pretty mediocre. If you like the class more then PTs, by all means play it.

Edited by xeqtoRDoom

Every class is viable, even the Juggernauts. Some classes have it easier on certain bosses but we are very viable, I might say we are even OP in some fights. Haven't done all the NIM content on jugg since the loot is bugged and there is no point but bosses I did had no problem with the dps.

It is true tho, to clear all content as a Juggernaut you need to really good, while to clear all content as a PT you can be pretty mediocre. If you like the class more then PTs, by all means play it.

I mean you can still be just better than other players, it's just, if you know an AP PT just as well, you should be on the PT. While that was the case in 3.0, it's just now, more than ever, more obvious.

Your opinion is wrong, all classes pass the checks just some have to work alot harder than others to achieve the numbers.

Every time i see the comment "they are not viable" all i see is omg i have to put more effort into doing great dps than another class

I mean you can still be just better than other players, it's just, if you know an AP PT just as well, you should be on the PT. While that was the case in 3.0, it's just now, more than ever, more obvious.

No you shouldn't be, you should be playing the class you enjoy whats the point of hitting high numbers on a fotm class when your not playing the class you enjoy the most

been there done it got the tshirt not worth it

Edited by TominatorBriss

Your opinion is wrong, all classes pass the checks just some have to work alot harder than others to achieve the numbers.

Every time i see the comment "they are not viable" all i see is omg i have to put more effort into doing great dps than another class

No you shouldn't be, you should be playing the class you enjoy whats the point of hitting high numbers on a fotm class when your not playing the class you enjoy the most

been there done it got the tshirt not worth it

Do you have something in particular against classes getting comparable results with comparable effort? There is nothing noble about having to do more work for the same (or lesser) result. The whole "play what you enjoy" thing works great in solo games. In social games (e.g. MMOs) you choosing something that underperforms affects others around you and they would be right to question including you in their group.

@tominator:

No, it's not. Because when it comes to Nim-raiding, the RL wants me to log to PT or Sniper. And that is the case in most of the Raid-Teams.

The gap between the low and the high-parsing classes is much to big, that is the problem.

It is not a matter if it is doable (with hard work and great skill). It is the matter, if your class is wanted in top-raid-groups, or not..

Edited by Tintfax