The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

How are you enjoying the update so far?

DeLaaNie

seeing all the rage and bugs reports filling the forums I am afraid to log in.

its really not that bad, in fact ive experience 0 problems apart from the launcher now launching the game after a first sessions forcing me to log out of my desktop and then back in GEEGEE windows 10.

But overall ive experienced barely any problems and the whole thing is rather enjoyable. As usual however the most whiney and frustratingly childish people in the community like to be very loud about their opinions (part of the reason I dont come on the forums much, feels impossible to be civil sometimes) fortunately they arent as big of a group as they think.

so just ignore them and log in and check it out for yourself :)

Edited by xeNNNNN
clicked post too early

• Replies 163
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The only bug I encountered is that none of my companions is wearing trousers or weapons anymore. The rest worked perfectly fine. I played to chapter IV and had to stop me from playing any further because my guild mates are still downloading and have gone to bed some hours ago.

negative:

- the bugs some people found

- the download speed of the patch

positive:

- the expansions storytelling seems to be epic (as stated before I'm not done yet)

- the companion changes seem to be good

- mastery instead of main stats is a good idea

I really like it, i think i will love it.

What a mess.

Sounds like someone is a bit annoyed the game isn't as messed up as they hoped it would be and just want to outright troll the topic now as opposed to offer up a constructive criticism though perhaps this post might insight you to do so. ;)

Sounds like someone is a bit annoyed the game isn't as messed up as they hoped it would be and just want to outright troll the topic now as opposed to offer up a constructive criticism though perhaps this post might insight you to do so. ;)

Have you seen all the bugs?

Tons of characters are missing the ship's droid, there's missing gear from companions that's not in inventory or in the mail, Treek is stuck in a ship's droid skin on some characters, some companions have unlisted changes in the weapons they can yield, either intentionally or bugs, laughably ALL the companions are missing their pants when you first load each character, if you still do some ship combat you'll notice that the Improved Power Converter gets dropped back into your inventory every time you "zone"... etc, etc, etc...

Edited by Max_Killjoy

I been playing for like 4.5 hours and only just finished chapter 5. I'm not rushing or anything and I haven't been taking breaks, going at a good enjoyable pace.

I think after chapter 9 is the real alliance building stuff, judging from achievements and the Nico description on that item you get.

But yeah anyone who just smashes space bar just to get to 65 and be done with it then complains about lack of content really doesn't have much backing up their opinions.

Do not no about others but I love it! Was not sure how I would take all that simplifications, but now can say - it works and works well.

Oh, and story? Great! Sure if you WANT to you will find something not ideal to your taste but it's fresh, rich, very dramatic, fast paced, your choices are recorded, NPC do react to it - LOVE it!

I haven't started the story yet. Too busy cleaning things up. Reorganizing storage. Putting pants back on companions. Learning new schematics. Relisting auctions.

At 10k affection and hefty presence bonus, my companions look pretty beefy. I'm sad that vanilla companions lost some of their unique character, especially since some of the weapons changes make no sense. I will miss using Rakghoul Lokin during the plague event. :( I had really been looking forward to changing the clothing on new companions, but nope, Lana has to stay dowdy.

Love the random pet and mount buttons and my shiny new CE pet. Can't wait to get ahold of the Akk dog companion!

The alliance/influence grind looks pretty altaholic unfriendly, but I won't know until I get further in.

Edited by Damask_Rose

Have you seen all the bugs?

Tons of characters are missing the ship's droid, there's missing gear from companions that's not in inventory or in the mail, Treek is stuck in a ship's droid skin on some characters, some companions have unlisted changes in the weapons they can yield, either intentionally or bugs, laughably ALL the companions are missing their pants when you first load each character, if you still do some ship combat you'll notice that the Improved Power Converter gets dropped back into your inventory every time you "zone"... etc, etc, etc...

All pretty minor to most players enjoyment of the game and so far the reports aren't overly over the top for "early access" which I thought was a more or less public beta test so I'm surprised it's as bug free as it is.

Let's be honest here no matter what bugs came out you were always going to come out and proclaim the game a mess unless it was bug free which was never going to happen.

I have yet to get on and from reading the notes i see SWTOR going the way of W.O.W.

i stopped playing WOW because of the dumbing down and the making it simpler. and if this keeps going i may not be on this much longer

i myself liked working the gear and having to think about the stats that i put in to my toon's and which companion to have with me, it gave something else to think about other that the crap i have to think about at work.

:(

All pretty minor to most players enjoyment of the game and so far the reports aren't overly over the top for "early access" which I thought was a more or less public beta test so I'm surprised it's as bug free as it is.

Let's be honest here no matter what bugs came out you were always going to come out and proclaim the game a mess unless it was bug free which was never going to happen.

And you were going to defend it no matter what, right? :rolleyes:

I'm having a blast with it. As much as I was irate that level sync isn't optional, I'm pretty happy with how it feels to actually play, so I'll live with that just fine.

Everything else seems pretty dandy to me. I'm liking the companion changes immensely. I really don't give a hoot about lost unique abilities, as most were nothing that meant anything to me in the first place.

What I'm looking is the fact that the new abilities are actually good and companions are now respectably strong. Not having to gear them is nothing but positive for me, as I never, not even once, found companion gearing to be anything other than tedious.

I was anticipating being disappointed by the crafting changes, but it's all looking like I'll be just fine there too.

As for bugs... New expansion is new. Welcome to MMO gaming, this is normal. In fact, seeing as that there haven't been any dramatic catastrophes that I've heard of yet, seems to be going better than expected on even that front.

So yep. I don't have early access, so I can't comment on story yet, but it's only a week. I'll go to work a few times, beat my Witcher 3 expansion and hit up the new goodies here soon enough.

All's well in my camp.

Edited by Uruare

I don't care about the bugs; bugs happen. What I'm pissed about is the fact that after chapter 9, you don't have any freedom to go and recruit the types of companions you want to recruit. I'm using my Knight and the first companion they want me to find is Yuun?! I hate Yuun; he's one of the most boring companions in SWTOR, IMO. He's one of the companions from my Trooper story I want to either kill or at least tell him his services are no longer required. NOW I HAVE TO RECRUIT HIM?!

The story if interesting, but if you have several alts it's going to get boring and become a grind, just like all the other expansions simply because it's the same storyline.

Edited by GiovanniD

I'm enjoying it immensely. Great story and lots of stuff to do. In short, IMO this is the best xpac they have released and the new direction is very promising.

EC as the first Op in GF was genius btw.

If they follow this up with more endgame and PvP, this game will in great shape.

I loved it. I spent some time leveling on Yavin with my 60, then went and sorted out Companion conversations. Suddenly everyone wants to talk to me and they show as "unlocked" on my Legacy. Was planning to hold out and actually start KOTFE when my main was ready, but rolled a level 60 instead. Loved the new story, didn't have time to get far in it, but it certainly feels like classic Bioware.

Love the quality of life changes overall.

i do not care it is going to be like star trek online ...... i gone all to hell and it is now some thing i will not put no more money in to it no more ... what i hate is this level **** where i go to a place to say do daily's and it is a level 50 and i am level 65...and it down level's me to 53 ...that is all f@@K up ok .... i can do my daily's on my own and do them fast and have fun ... now you haft to find 3 other's to be with you just to do a daily's

Careful, the white knights, forum-griefers, and trolls will be along to make their petty little attempt to "put you in your place" for not liking everything Bioware does.

And if they don't, some childish killjoy will come along to tell you to blame things on THEM.