Can we get Nico Okarr at all?

HumbleJedi

The game wasn't material, it was mechanical, and it doesn't have to affect other players directly to have a unfair advantage over them. Having a extra crafter is incredibly beneficial if utilized correctly, whether you wish to spin it one way or another.

If it doesn't affect them directly, how, exactly, is it an advantage over them? It seems that for something to be advantageous, there would be a material effect on the disadvantaged party.

I really can't wrap my head around what is so terrible about this situation. Please explain to me how this helps someone "win" the game in a manner that other players cannot.

• Replies 669
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The game wasn't material, it was mechanical, and it doesn't have to affect other players directly to have a unfair advantage over them. Having a extra crafter is incredibly beneficial if utilized correctly, whether you wish to spin it one way or another.

Peter you are so seriously grasping as straws of outrage, it is almost satirical.

Edited by lightSaberAddiCt

We discussed this like 100 posts ago...not going to get into this again.

Peter you are so seriously grasping as straws of outrage, it is almost satirical.

I...I... I had to carry a RAV GF run and didn't get a single piece of gear...im... im grumpy :(. The worst player who had the lowest DPS got the MH... of... of course it's going to affect my forum posting!11!1.

People are still complaining about this? BioWare made it pretty clear that you had to be a subscriber for a certain period of time if you wanted Nico Okarr. The same is true of HK-55. If you didn't get Nico, you can still legacy unlock HK-51 and Treek. Honestly folks, get over it.

We discussed this like 100 posts ago...not going to get into this again.

I...I... I had to carry a RAV GF run and didn't get a single piece of gear...im... im grumpy :(. The worst player who had the lowest DPS got the MH... of... of course it's going to affect my forum posting!11!1.

Ouch....ok your forgiven :cool:

I bet at some point he will end up on the cartel market.

Not likely, he is a sub reward. Just like HK-55 if you don't want to miss out keep an active sub. Also if your annoyed with not getting Nico Ocarr, you better be prepared for the new companion and get your DvL Eternel Level, or else you will miss out on this one too! So consider this a big heads UP! :)

Not likely, he is a sub reward. Just like HK-55 if you don't want to miss out keep an active sub. Also if your annoyed with not getting Nico Ocarr, you better be prepared for the new companion and get your DvL Eternel Level, or else you will miss out on this one too! So consider this a big heads UP! :)

Haha, yes! Some of us know full well that we will be missing out on the new companion. I know darn well what it takes to get her and I refuse to do it. I have not even created a character for DvL because I see no real value for myself. So, 3, 6, 24 months from now... whatever it may be, you will NOT see me here whining about not having the comp.

#choicesmatter

Maaaane WHAT! I can't wait to see the **** storm in the forums when people start complaining about...

1. Not getting the new companion
  2. demanding a way to get the OTHER companion cuz "I didn't even want that one!"
  3. complaining because "I ran out of time and didn't get to finish achievement hunting to get (insert higher tier reward here)

Lol.... you know it's coming. ;)

Haha, yes! Some of us know full well that we will be missing out on the new companion. I know darn well what it takes to get her and I refuse to do it. I have not even created a character for DvL because I see no real value for myself. So, 3, 6, 24 months from now... whatever it may be, you will NOT see me here whining about not having the comp.

#choicesmatter

I wasn't going to do it either. But I seen the new armor for Alts and I got champion level in about 6 days, wasn't overly difficult. All I have left for the Eternel level is get a imperial character to 65 and complete Eternal Championship, with still two months to go. It won't take me too long to get it done to at least Eternel level. Imo the rewards are very worth it. The only part that really worries me and will probably take me the most time will be Hard Mode Flash Points and the OPs I will end up having to pug those..... :(

Maaaane WHAT! I can't wait to see the **** storm in the forums when people start complaining about...

2. demanding a way to get the OTHER companion cuz "I didn't even want that one!"
  3. complaining because "I ran out of time and didn't get to finish achievement hunting to get (insert higher tier reward here)

Oh you know it man, it will be EPIC! I cannot wait....

That is always a given. Anything they could possibly do will result in that.

Haha, what I find really sad is people forgotten how to read details of events... They have plenty of time to get it done, Eternel level only takes a week if that to finish. If they can't get it done to bad for them they had more then ample time to get them done... Bioware owes us Nothing! It's amazing with all the perks they do give, people still refuse to participate and then ***** later... Boggles the mind it does! ;)

unless DvL companion comes with a storyline - its just ornamental.

what makes Nico situation so annoying to me is that he is supposed to be a very important lore character.. who has been reduced to super fast quest and near silence otherwise - BECAUSE he is not available to everyone.

and while having HK55 - is basically fluff as he is not that much different from HK-51, gating a chapter full of story for limited number off people? means we can expect a very VERY mediocre barely there story. because why make an extra effort when only relatively few people will see it.

THIS is why I dislike time gated content. CONTENT. not fluff. I have no problems with gated fluff. but playable content IMO should NOT be gated (and yes, becasue this needs repeating - I HAVE qualified for all of this gated content. I'm speaking as someone who has qualified and wishes this content got a bit more effort invested into it.. which is not going to happen as long as said content is gated)

unless DvL companion comes with a storyline - its just ornamental.

what makes Nico situation so annoying to me is that he is supposed to be a very important lore character.. who has been reduced to super fast quest and near silence otherwise - BECAUSE he is not available to everyone.

and while having HK55 - is basically fluff as he is not that much different from HK-51, gating a chapter full of story for limited number off people? means we can expect a very VERY mediocre barely there story. because why make an extra effort when only relatively few people will see it.

THIS is why I dislike time gated content. CONTENT. not fluff. I have no problems with gated fluff. but playable content IMO should NOT be gated (and yes, becasue this needs repeating - I HAVE qualified for all of this gated content. I'm speaking as someone who has qualified and wishes this content got a bit more effort invested into it.. which is not going to happen as long as said content is gated)

That's basically why I'm sorry I can't get him. I like Nico Okarr. I like his story and I totally wish I'd even known he was available when he was. I wasn't playing at the time so I had no idea otherwise I probably would have subbed.

Yeah, I get it, he's just a "cookie cutter" and stuff, but I still like him and I still wish I could run around with him. I literally have zero issue with getting him at 65. Just having him chill on my ship and shoot stuff with me would make me happy. I don't care if I never got him at level 1.

I have Treek and all that. So it's not like I'm annoyed I didn't get a "level 1 companion" or anything. I just really like the character himself and kind of wish I could see at least the little bit of content he had. That's just me and before anyone complains, I know it is what it is. Doesn't hurt to ask and I'm certainly not demanding, but I'm still a little sad I can't have one of my favorite lore characters run around with me.

That's basically why I'm sorry I can't get him. I like Nico Okarr. I like his story and I totally wish I'd even known he was available when he was. I wasn't playing at the time so I had no idea otherwise I probably would have subbed.

Yeah, I get it, he's just a "cookie cutter" and stuff, but I still like him and I still wish I could run around with him. I literally have zero issue with getting him at 65. Just having him chill on my ship and shoot stuff with me would make me happy. I don't care if I never got him at level 1.

I have Treek and all that. So it's not like I'm annoyed I didn't get a "level 1 companion" or anything. I just really like the character himself and kind of wish I could see at least the little bit of content he had. That's just me and before anyone complains, I know it is what it is. Doesn't hurt to ask and I'm certainly not demanding, but I'm still a little sad I can't have one of my favorite lore characters run around with me.

Well I like what they did with treek, put him on the legacy droid for anyone with legacy 40 and costs 1m credits. With story companions, I don't know, I would think treek the only companion on that droid vender would be lonely and if they added the others like HK-55 or Nico to it for people with Legacy 50 and 2M or 1m credits. I would say that if you got both those requirements I wouldn't have an issue. Because earning legacy 50 does take a while to get, plus with credit cap you would at the very least Need to subscribe at some point. :)

Well I like what they did with treek, put him on the legacy droid for anyone with legacy 40 and costs 1m credits. With story companions, I don't know, I would think treek the only companion on that droid vender would be lonely and if they added the others like HK-55 or Nico to it for people with Legacy 50 and 2M or 1m credits. I would say that if you got both those requirements I wouldn't have an issue. Because earning legacy 50 does take a while to get, plus with credit cap you would at the very least Need to subscribe at some point. :)

Sounds pretty fair to me. I'd happily keep up work on my Legacy and spend a couple of million credits to get Nico, even if I had a "must be level X" requirement or whatever.

I know it's unlikely, but hell, I can still dream, right? I have a soft spot for the old man and still have a small hope I might at least get SOME version of him some day.

Sounds pretty fair to me. I'd happily keep up work on my Legacy and spend a couple of million credits to get Nico, even if I had a "must be level X" requirement or whatever.

I know it's unlikely, but hell, I can still dream, right? I have a soft spot for the old man and still have a small hope I might at least get SOME version of him some day.

You never know, I am somewhat hoping the do the same thing with the droid and creature companions on that vender. Would be nice if I could get those for my collections with a lvl 50 Legacy and a few million credits. Sure beats paying the 15m each for them. I think it would be fair. Some may despute it but if it's just fluff anyhow to some people. Well for me at least I wouldn't have an issue. Strive for a level 50 legacy and I think it would be a nice way of getting them. :)