Can we get Nico Okarr at all?

HumbleJedi

The Jawa Party itself was okay as its cosmetic, however the achievement provides a mechanical advantage and imo offset the balance a bit.

Maybe I'm missing something, and sorry if I am, but can you please explain what "mechanical advantage" is gained from the Party Jawa achievement?

To the best of my knowledge, it is of no help in combat (PvP or PvE), does not assist with crafting, does not help with conquest, and does not cause companions to do anything different.

• Replies 669
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Welp... maybe "mechanical" is the wrong word... but the jawa balloon achievement bridges out of the convenient and cosmetic factor which I dislike.

The "Thats' so wrong" achievement should be moved out of Tatooine's planetary category so you can 100% the planet without one.

• 2 weeks later...

I don't get the comparisons to the Party Jawa. I have never once used it. If you're that upset over it, i'll gladly trade it for your Nico. Hell, you can have my Founder title, Hutt Training holo, etc, too. All that stuff is either useless mechanically or there is a replacement in the game already. There is no replacement companion from level 1 that will increase the amount of crafters you have. I'm also a huge min-maxer when it comes to conversation influence, so I always need to have out the right companion for the maximum amount of influence I can gain.

This disrupts my crafting as I then have to wait until they get back since I don't have enough to send out that I know I won't gain any influence with in conversations. Time = credits, thus this gives an unfair advantage to people who were subbed at an arbitrary date and time. Hell, someone could have subbed that month and gotten him while someone else played since launch and their sub fell off. So now that person will have an extra crafting companion while leveling on all present and future characters from now until forever while the other person has a title they never wear and some useless Jawa that doesn't give them any sort of advantage.

You can buy a training holo that does exactly the same thing as the Hutt one off the CM, but you can't buy a companion that crafts from level one - and this is important - while also being ineligable to those who already have Nico so that there is no imbalance. Buying another holo trainer and adding it to collections does nothing for me unlike buying another level 1 crafting companion would do for someone. That along with finishing all 8 class stories and not receiving Legendary status while they doll out this new event when their legacy system is still buggy and broken is enough for me to say so long.

Not to mention, the new event exacerbates the issue even further since tons of people will be leveling new characters and getting an edge over others who didn't sub on an arbitrary date, especially when one of the prerequisites to achieving the final tier is getting all professions to max level. How EAWare is so utterly oblivious to the errors they make when it comes to this game and how they affect the playerbase at large borders on insanity. I'm close to not only just boycotting - and more importantly - lobbying against not just BioWare/EA, but also Lucas, Marvel and even Disney. This much blatant corruption and undeniable sadism warrants nothing short of extreme violence on a massive scale.

Edited by Eyesmindassassin

I'm close to not only just boycotting - and more importantly - lobbying against not just BioWare/EA, but also Lucas, Marvel and even Disney. This much blatant corruption and undeniable sadism warrants nothing short of extreme violence on a massive scale.

You really want that Nico companion, don't you? Sub sooner next time :)

I would just like to mention that I started a new character the other day and am sitting at lvl 10 and I have not once used an attack, defend, stun, or heal action yet.

I popped my Nico, set him to Tank mode and just watch while he does all the work.

I'm kind of wondering how long I can keep this up.

:t_cool:

You really want that Nico companion, don't you? Sub sooner next time :)

Heck, if I could have, I would have personally! At the time, my computer was not working so I was on a laptop so old the poor thing could barely get on a forum. Trying to get on an MMO would have probably made it burst into flames. :w_tongue:

I'm still sad I can't get Nico Okarr, but such is life. Maybe eventually there will be an option to get him. Maybe not. I do hope so though, however unlikely it might be.

You can buy a training holo that does exactly the same thing as the Hutt one off the CM, but you can't buy a companion that crafts from level one - and this is important - while also being ineligable to those who already have Nico so that there is no imbalance. Buying another holo trainer and adding it to collections does nothing for me unlike buying another level 1 crafting companion would do for someone. That along with finishing all 8 class stories and not receiving Legendary status while they doll out this new event when their legacy system is still buggy and broken is enough for me to say so long.

I don't know if you can learn crafting skills at level 1 in the first place, but you can get HK-51 from level 1.

This thread makes me chuckle, because once this new event is over and those who are upset about it miss out on the companion there will be more threads like this about the new companion. To both groups my answer is the same, if you miss out on a companion it is your problem not bioware's. You have been given fair warning and last year they gave fair warning about Nico as well, almost to the point I wanted them to shut up about it.

To both groups my answer is the same, if you miss out on a companion it is your problem not bioware's. You have been given fair warning and last year they gave fair warning about Nico as well, almost to the point I wanted them to shut up about it.
You know that's not a well sound argument. People take gaps in a subscription MMOs all the time and they don't check news about a game they no longer play constantly. Some find out to late. usually they don't complain because there is often an alternative way to acquire seasonal items in well designed MMOs. Via cash shop or in game achievements.

Heck this was not even seasonal, that companion was available for only a short period of time.

Fair warning, where? It's not like I received bioware's email about the offers in a regular basis.

So yes it's partially Bioware's problem.

You know that's not a well sound argument. People take gaps in a subscription MMOs all the time and they don't check news about a game they no longer play constantly. Some find out to late. usually they don't complain because there is often an alternative way to acquire seasonal items in well designed MMOs. Via cash shop or in game achievements.

Heck this was not even seasonal, that companion was available for only a short period of time.

Fair warning, where? It's not like I received bioware's email about the offers in a regular basis.

So yes it's partially Bioware's problem.

No, it's really not. If someone cared so much, they would not take an extended break. Or, if they cared so much and thought they might miss something, they would check the website for news.

It's ok for them to have limited time items. Sometimes we just miss out on things. It happens. Make your peace with it and learn a lesson. If it means that much to you, you'll be more mindful about such things in the future.

No, it's really not. If someone cared so much, they would not take an extended break. Or, if they cared so much and thought they might miss something, they would check the website for news.

It's ok for them to have limited time items. Sometimes we just miss out on things. It happens. Make your peace with it and learn a lesson. If it means that much to you, you'll be more mindful about such things in the future.

I simply disagree. You automatically associate "taking breaks" with "not caring so much".

Players take breaks for umpteenth reasons, including non voluntary ones. If they eventually come back it's a hint they don't hate the game as much as you think and kinda care.

So yeah I can be more mindful about such things in the future, but it does not change at all that specifi issue there is with the past.

I simply disagree. You automatically associate "taking breaks" with "not caring so much".

Players take breaks for umpteenth reasons, including non voluntary ones. If they eventually come back it's a hint they don't hate the game as much as you think and kinda care.

So yeah I can be more mindful about such things in the future, but it does not change at all that specifi issue there is with the past.

If you take a break then you know there is the possibility that you will miss out on something. What if it was an event that you missed instead of a companion? Would that change anything? Why or why not?

If you take a break then you know there is the possibility that you will miss out on something. What if it was an event that you missed instead of a companion? Would that change anything? Why or why not?

Exactly right, if you take a break for whatever reason and you miss something that is on you not Bioware. Limited time means limited time.

Hence asking for alternative ways. Who cares if you weren't right on time if there are way to catch up?

I disagree with you both. Limited time content in a MMO is stupid, even more with a sub business model.

When a player finds out he does not have any longer access to X or Y content because it has been removed just because, it does not feel good.

There was the same complaints in wow and blizzard kinda limited that limited BS.

Exactly right, if you take a break for whatever reason and you miss something that is on you not Bioware. Limited time means limited time.
That's on Bioware for making it limited to begin with. Don't imply players have a say in that design. So don't say that's the players fault, that does not make sense. Edited by Ethern

Hence asking for alternative ways. Who cares if you weren't right on time if there are way to catch up?

I disagree with you both. Limited time content in a MMO is stupid, even more with a sub business model.

When a player finds out he does not have any longer access to X or Y content because it has been removed just because, it does not feel good.

There was the same complaints in wow and blizzard kinda limited that limited BS.

That's on Bioware for making it limited to begin with. Don't imply players have a say in that design. So don't say that's the players fault, that does not make sense.

Do you also go into retail stores the Saturday after Thanksgiving demanding the Black Friday prices? Or holiday discounts the day after Christmas? If you're just too busy at the end of January, do you demand the NFL push the Superbowl back a few weeks?

Limited-time events happen in the real world, too, and nobody that hosts or organises these events are liable to make sure that you, personally, are ready and able to take part.

That's on Bioware for making it limited to begin with. Don't imply players have a say in that design. So don't say that's the players fault, that does not make sense.

Giving alternative ways to get the items would defeat the purpose of making it "limited time only" in the first place. These promotions are done to drive sales (subs) up during that given period.

If I know I can get anything I want later, where is the motivation to spend my money now? And if I don't spend it now, take a guess at how likely I am to spend it later.

If it feels bad to have missed out on something, that is supposed to be your motivation to keep your sub active. At least, from BW's point of view.

This is the thread that never ends

Yes it goes on and on my friends

some people started posting in it not knowing what it was

and they'll continue posting in it forever just because

and they'll continue posting in it forever just because

and they'll continue posting in it forever just because.....

Do you also go into retail stores the Saturday after Thanksgiving demanding the Black Friday prices?

We're talking about a MMO. Nice try though. And does not that kind of stuff come back every year?

If it feels bad to have missed out on something, that is supposed to be your motivation to keep your sub active. At least, from BW's point of view.

I get Bioware's reasoning even tough I disagree with it. What I don't get is how non-bioware people jump to say "lol deal wit it, sucks to be u".

Edited by Ethern

I get Bioware's reasoning even tough I disagree with it. What I don't get is how non-bioware people jump to say "lol deal wit it, sucks to be u".

Probably because a good portion of us made damn sure to be subbed when required and would feel a sort of "betrayal" if they just started handing out stuff they said was exclusive.

We're talking about a MMO. Nice try though. And does not that kind of stuff come back every year?

You know you've got another chance at a time-limited exclusive companion this year, right? There's been a couple of posts on the forum about a new event starting Tuesday, you may be interested in it : )

Probably because a good portion of us made damn sure to be subbed when required and would feel a sort of "betrayal" if they just started handing out stuff they said was exclusive.
Like the LS/DS event handing expensive CM sets? You should not be mad at what the others are getting in a MMO or you will get mad all the time.

You know you've got another chance at a time-limited exclusive companion this year, right? There's been a couple of posts on the forum about a new event starting Tuesday, you may be interested in it : )
I know that. but you're missing the Nico Okarr point on purpose.

Like the LS/DS event handing expensive CM sets? You should not be mad at what the others are getting in a MMO or you will get mad all the time.

We are talking about Nico Okarr here, not the LS/DS event. Two wrongs doesn't make a right.