Launcher issue continuing

JeanettaCorrigan

I have followed all of the suggested tips, including the launcher repair utility and the tip about clearing BitRader. The game still would not patch. I made sure my firewall allowed the launcher and that my malwear blocker was disable. Still would not patch. I deleted everything an did a fresh install. Still will not patch. Every time the Launcher window says "The game encountered an unexpected error, please try this patch later" and later a popup appears saying "Unable to communicate with external UI, exiting"

CS Forum is now at Answers HQ

There is this http://www.swtor.com/support/helpcenter/7430

Also remove and re-add the exceptions for launcher.exe and swtor.exe to the AV and Firewall

can also try a VPN in case its a routing issue , try something like http://www.hotspotshield.com to test with

As it hints at unable to communicate with external , now is why.

Edited by OwenBrooks

There is this http://www.swtor.com/support/helpcenter/7430

That's how I know it's not just my system. it was working fine early Tuesday, then when I tried to log back in that afternoon I had the "unspecified error" . I tried that solution and it still did not work. There are other posted tips about the launcher repair utility, did not work, the firewall, did not work, and disabling my AV, which did not work. I have no other internet issues and am not on a router, plugged directly into my cable modem. The fact the above customer service hot issue page exists shows there is a widespread problem.

Someone who DOESN'T work for EA informed me that I had to disable BitRaider as this issue is solely caused by that crap program. Have to do a reinstall but at least it's actually patching. Of course BioWare/EA blame the user system instead of admitting BitRaider is doing this to multiple people.

I have never seen the launcher EVER auto update and NOT spit out 'failed to update host error" Not once, I always need use a Launcher repair utility.

There is also NO ready sound at lest for me when the play button is ready.

Firewall/No Firewall

AV Acceptations or not

Run as Admin or not

Compatabilty mode or not

Win7 or Win 10

Always fails to autoupdate Launcher is mess, but hey at least i dont have to deal with the Bitraider issues too.

I've got a similar issue.

It started a launcher update this evening, though I had no issues this morning. It sat updating for an hour before I went into the task manager to kill it. I did the remove bitraider/delete launcher.exe bit and ran the launcher repair app. Now, it shows in the processes in task manager, but doesn't get to where I can see the login screen.

I am not looking forward to having to reinstall the entire SWTOR program, nor am I sure it'll fix the launcher issue. Any other thoughts?

Edited by PhantomBelcher
typo fix

So for several years I could play the game without problems. Then they decide to "upgrade/update" the launcher and since yesterday I cannot log into the game anymore because the launcher gets stuck.

I'm conntinuously subscribed since pre-launch and now I have to put up with this crap and *I* have to find a fix for this?! I just spent 2 hours going through all the recommended steps, and as far as it looks now, I have to go through several hours of reinstalling the whole game, because none of this worked.

The old launcer worked fine for years, you could have given me the option if I want a new one or not. I wouldn't have wanted a new one, because of the wise saying "never change a running system".

I'm NOT a happy customer.

There are numerous causes for the unspecified error , unable to communicate with the bitraider servers is one , and it doesn't mean its the user end ....

If you want to return to the original patch method follow this - http://answers.ea.com/t5/STAR-WARS-The-Old-Republic/Guide-How-to-Switch-to-Non-Streaming-Launcher/m-p/4867417#U4867417

Looking for help in this bug report forum is pointless as everything is now being shifted to Answers HQ

Very rare I call in here myself