The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

will the thexan robes be made a global unlock option like other cash shop items?

Divinehero

Are you serious? 700 coins is insane. :/ Shame they let you see the price AFTER you bind items because I have bought and equipped them on secondary character, hoping for a regular unlock price.

Yep, bought it, then decided to put it on an alts Talos for giggles, 720cc.

They always do this. If the item is meh, the price to unlock it account wide, no matter what it is, is fairly low. If it's a hot ticket item, the price to unlock it will be high.

Some speeders I have would only cost me like 100 coins to unlock them account wide, while other speeders cost me almost 800 coins to unlock. It depends on how 'popular' it is.

if you get the full set in game with creds you can just account unlock it

^ This is probably the best suggestion to be honest, though I doubt you'll get the set for a reasonable price.

However, in my experience of unlocking things, Cartel Market items cost half their original price. When unlocking something that came from a pack, it's cost tends to depend on the popularity of that item.

well that's.. weird cuz i got it off the cartel market and there's no option to make it a global unlock

Currently, you have to equip the set on one character to add it to collections, then switch to a different character to get the unlock option. This will be changing in 4.0, but that's how it works now.

They always do this. If the item is meh, the price to unlock it account wide, no matter what it is, is fairly low. If it's a hot ticket item, the price to unlock it will be high.

Some speeders I have would only cost me like 100 coins to unlock them account wide, while other speeders cost me almost 800 coins to unlock. It depends on how 'popular' it is.

Yeah, the first CM speeder I got was the Aratech Rose - 1500 CCs and 500 to unlock. Of course I got it on sale for 1050, so the effective cost to unlock was just 50. :cool:

Are you serious? 700 coins is insane. :/ Shame they let you see the price AFTER you bind items because I have bought and equipped them on secondary character, hoping for a regular unlock price.

that is the normal unlock price. usually unlocks for super rare or highly expensive items is around 50% for an entire account and for every char ever created. not a horrible price in the end. suppose they could just list it at 2100 and no unlock price.