KotFE Chapter "Start Button" Interface

hillerbees

I am hoping the "Start Button" is only for Chapter one, and then any chapters after chapter nine. What they showed on stream and twitchcon of chapter one, this expansion starts out with the cinematic trailer then the "In a galaxy far far away..." and a Star Wars crawl, that we haven't seen since we first create our characters so I am hoping that is why it starts out differently than the other expansions.

But if at the end of Chapter 1 or 2 where we are frozen in carbonate and the chapter ends and we teleport back to fleet or wherever so we can simply click the "Start Chapter 3 Button" that would be very dumb. I think that is what the OP and others are concerned about. Once we start the expansion it would be nice if we could keep playing through the story and not get pulled out of it unless we choose to leave and do something else on our own choice.

If we can't go to the planets in the expansion "on foot" (as in via our ship clicking on Galaxy Map location), then the PLAY button will be visible for every chapter whenever we're outside the expansion instances obviously :/

If we can't go to the planets in the expansion "on foot" (as in via our ship clicking on Galaxy Map location), then the PLAY button will be visible for every chapter whenever we're outside the expansion instances obviously :/

Well that makes sense if I decide to stop the story and go to my stronghold or do dallies or something. I just hope we can play all nine chapters uninterpreted in a row, should we choose.

Well that makes sense if I decide to stop the story and go to my stronghold or do dallies or something. I just hope we can play all nine chapters uninterpreted in a row, should we choose.
No reason why not IMO. I sure hope something stays AFTER the expansion and it's better than the gray barren Ziost daily area. Especially compared to beautiful New Adasta. If that was a preview how will the "levels" work now then I'm not a big fan. Makeb was BIG, open yet it was easy and fast to move around it. This is still an MMO, I would like big worlds to continue to be added to the game, not just Mass Effect sized level chunks we can't go back to Edited by Pietrastor

No reason why not IMO. I sure hope something stays AFTER the expansion and it's better than the gray barren Ziost daily area. Especially compared to beautiful New Adasta. If that was a preview how will the "levels" work now then I'm not a big fan. Makeb was BIG, open yet it was easy and fast to move around it. This is still an MMO, I would like big worlds to continue to be added to the game, not just Mass Effect sized level chunks we can't go back to

Oh I see what you are saying, yea I hope for example we get nice open world areas like Makeb, and Rishi, or at the very least Yavin sized places to go to. I wouldn't mind if most chapters took place in special areas like the first few to help better tell the story. But yea some regular persistent MMO expansion areas would be nice too, and I would be both surprised and disappointed if they didn't add one or two of those types of planet areas in this expac.

I believe KotFE will have daily areas too depending on what choices you make, you know LS or DS ones. I think they said the one thing in Chapter 3 that can be saved or blown up MIGHT, BIG MIGHT, be something like a daily area later on. But I'm sure there'd be the same if one chose to let it go boom too, just further out.

Some of the duplicate, obscurely placed breadcrumb quests were getting annoying. "Did I get all the breadcrumb quests for Sec. X?" was one of the least fun parts of new content (though still a small blemish). Instead of having a mandatory "Breadcrumb to the breadcrumb", just give a start button.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.