CORRESPONDENCE: experts wonder about shifting balance of power

Ycoga

RP'ers all over the servers have been confounded by some of the nerfs coming up for their classes in 4.0.

Darth Moriva, a Progenitor Sith Lord operating mostly out of Korriban, said, 'with the new Planet Level Synch, our high level no longer means I can duel newbie guild members and feel confident I will win'.

Expert analysts predict that RP'ers will have to start learning how to play their classes. 'We are starting to see more players add abilities to their toolbars, abilities that they have never before used', says our local correspondent and RP duellist. 'Some of these include Force Push and Force Speed. Even a few interrupts. We're starting to see players use these abilities in addition to their Storm and Lightning rotations on Korriban'.

But it's not all doom and gloom; padawan BeastieBoi, RP'ing out of Tython on Begeren Colony, says that she's looking forward to testing her mettle against her guild's blademaster. 'He can't just rely on being level 60 anymore', said BeastieBoi. 'Now we'll get to see if he really deserves that fancy title'.

Analysts predict some changes to the balance of power in serveral RP guilds and we personally are open minded about seeing young, upstart guildies with talent cleaning out some of the stagnant old guard from their guilds.

Here's to the new era!

- Originally publishsed in 'The Cantina Times'.

Edited by Ycoga

• 2 weeks later...

Whether tongue in cheek or not, I can safely say that nothing will actually change in in-game situations like this, at least mechanics wise.

The other day there were some Imp players on Tython, due to some bug or other.

Being on my level 33 Trooper, I thought I'd jump in to lend a hand if needed.

I was 'handed' my backside, through the floor and via my face. The level 'sync' does nothing for the actual stats, and a level 60-65 player will still annihilate a low(er) level character without effort. I'm not entirely sure how to feel about that; on the one hand, it means that higher level characters aren't pointlessly gimped. On the other hand, surely a level 33 character synced the same as a level 60-odd shouldn't be THAT badly outmatched? I can understand a level 5 character getting maimed, but less of a gap should mean something, surely...

I was 'handed' my backside, through the floor and via my face. The level 'sync' does nothing for the actual stats, and a level 60-65 player will still annihilate a low(er) level character without effort. I'm not entirely sure how to feel about that; on the one hand, it means that higher level characters aren't pointlessly gimped. On the other hand, surely a level 33 character synced the same as a level 60-odd shouldn't be THAT badly outmatched? I can understand a level 5 character getting maimed, but less of a gap should mean something, surely...

I disagree, but thanks for your post. I still think that a skilled lowbie will defeat a mediocre 65.