The Year of SWTOR!

RiVaN_

The Hype machine spun up and we all fell in line...

We were wrong, 2015 is not the year of SWTOR, but 2016 could be.

Everything Bioware is doing lately feels like prep for something else. Like they are slowly moving us all along toward what they want SWTOR to be after SW:TFA hits theaters and fans all over the world want to keep that Star Wars magic going. I'm betting we will see more subtle changes here and there that move them toward this product looking very different between now and December. Then in the spring they will announce a new Op and some FlashPoints launching in the summer.

The Sucky thing for some of us is that we are starting to get burnt out on what we currently have, what we have been doing for what feels like an eternity in gaming time. My guess is that they already had that figured in. The attrition of the veteran raiders, the exodus of the endgame aficionados. Given that fellow EA Property DICE is launching their new Star Wars game in a bit over a month EA is probably working with BW and the SWTOR team to remain stable through a downslope this fall and hoping for a major gain in subscribership In late December and early January.

I'm betting they even have a plan for a server consolidation into mega servers, why you ask? They are giving us 40 character slots per server. 40! I'm an Altaholic, I have 17 toons on my main server 5 more on a secondary server and at least 1 toon each across the other US servers. The only reason I can see that I would need 40 character slots is because all my toons are going to be on one server in the future.

For us dedicated few it may be worth the wait to stick around and keep our noses to the grindstone till January, but for some it won't be.

To those who plan to leave I bid you a fond farewell and let me please be the first to ask that age old question...

CAN I HAVE YOUR STUFF????? :D

Edited by RiVaN_