Heroics repeatable weekly = one less option for PvE conquest

ShawDou

While i am glad they with most Heroic Missions changes, i really cant understand this one:

Heroic Missions are now repeatable weekly and feature all new rewards!

Heroic missions with bonus was one of the most rewarding daily PvE conquest quests. Changing it to weekly they destroyed another PvE way to get some some more conquest points. :(

After we lost crafting PvE players lost another way to get some points. If they really going to make conquest PvP only, they should say it directly.

Edited by ShawDou

When they make the Heroics with a weely lock, it means you'll be more likely to do a wider variety. If you have time to do 5 in a game session you might end up doing the same 5 each day for a week. Make it a weekly thing and you'll end up doing 35 different heroics in the span of a week.

Doing a wider variety of heroics over the span of a week means you're more likely to have a situation of other players doing the same heroic missions, increasing the chances that you will group up.

Being able to do it on 40 character's won't help you cap any single character, so that's kind of useless.

this.

/puts tinfoil hat on

seems to me like its bioware's idea of encouraging more people to pvp and/or galactic starfighter. you know, since everything else pretty much lost its conquest viability

/removes tinfoil hat

When they make the Heroics with a weely lock, it means you'll be more likely to do a wider variety. If you have time to do 5 in a game session you might end up doing the same 5 each day for a week. Make it a weekly thing and you'll end up doing 35 different heroics in the span of a week.

Doing a wider variety of heroics over the span of a week means you're more likely to have a situation of other players doing the same heroic missions, increasing the chances that you will group up.

If it would be this way i would have no objections, but since conquest are planetary specific and they didnt say any changes about this are coming, your post is pure wish and i dont believe in it. :(

Being able to do it on 40 character's won't help you cap any single character, so that's kind of useless.

This exactly, you could cap one character repeating heroics almost similar way as you can cap it with repeating PvP or GSF. But now you will not be able.

Last week, with full stronghold bonus it took 2 operations. Without full SH bonus, it would have taken 3. I'm not aware this is changing in 4.0.

Doing the heroics for the 35k would have meant grinding them for 4, 5 or 6 days. Heroic grind for conquest is not the grind you are looking. PVP, GSF, Ops, FPs, Heroics, planetary activity... little of everything = done.

Is it meant to be easy?

If it would be this way i would have no objections, but since conquest are planetary specific and they didnt say any changes about this are coming, your post is pure wish and i dont believe in it. :(

Well, I wasn't really commenting in regards to Conquest, just Heroics in general. Plus, if they are making a bunch of changes, maybe they will make it worthwhile to do all of the Heroics for Conquest.

Last week, with full stronghold bonus it took 2 operations. Without full SH bonus, it would have taken 3. I'm not aware this is changing in 4.0.

Doing the heroics for the 35k would have meant grinding them for 4, 5 or 6 days. Heroic grind for conquest is not the grind you are looking. PVP, GSF, Ops, FPs, Heroics, planetary activity... little of everything = done.

Is it meant to be easy?

And what about people who don´t like PVP or GSF? They won´t have a chance to reach their weekly goal.

Is it meant to be easy?

Last week was specific type with a lot of one time operation rewards, not all conquest are alike this. My Point:

People who like PvP/GSF can run PvP/GSF all day long and get points for conquest without doing any other thing. While people who like to play PvE can do mostly 1 operation, 1 FP of each type, 1 heroic run and then wait all day long for daily reset. With this change they (no only they, all of us) get even less options what to do on daily basic.

Last week was specific type with a lot of one time operation rewards, not all conquest are alike this. My Point:

People who like PvP/GSF can run PvP/GSF all day long and get points for conquest without doing any other thing. While people who like to play PvE can do mostly 1 operation, 1 FP of each type, 1 heroic run and then wait all day long for daily reset. With this change they (no only they, all of us) get even less options what to do on daily basic.

And indeed, I was pointing out that some weeks are different to others too.

As for the focus on PVP and GSF... maybe it's called CONQUEST for a reason?

Conquest = war.

At war there are several things you have to do:

You need a supply line, weapons, food, medicine etc (crafting)

You need to know the terrain and prepare it (heroics)

You need to fight against your enemy face to face (PVP + GSF)

With the changes they make they take away two of these three points and you can´t win a war without those two points

Conquest = war.

At war there are several things you have to do:

You need a supply line, weapons, food, medicine etc (crafting)

You need to know the terrain and prepare it (heroics)

You need to fight against your enemy face to face (PVP + GSF)

With the changes they make they take away two of these three points and you can´t win a war without those two points

Stretching the analogy... logistics and recon only go so far though... at some point, you do have to fight and prevail in order to conquer... yeah?

It seems to be a heavy handed attempt to get more people into pvp.

As a side note, I don't understand their approach to encouraging pvp. They seem to have the belief that if they can just get enough bodies into it, pvp problems will be solved. So they use recruit mk-1 gear, recruit mk-2 gear, bolster, cheaper gear using warzone comms, and now this, all to encourage people to do some pvp.

But the problems of pvp that make people dislike it -unbalanced classes, stale maps, pre-made vs pug, bad match making, too many stuns- are all still there so they may get an increase in pvp in the short term, but it never lasts and then they start looking for another way to push people into it rather than fix the core problems.

Sorry for the side rant, I just don't understand their logic most of the time.

Stretching the analogy... logistics and recon only go so far though... at some point, you do have to fight and prevail in order to conquer... yeah?

Yes, at some point you have to fight. But send your troops to war without supplies and they will not survive!

Yes, at some point you have to fight. But send your troops to war without supplies and they will not survive!

They aren't removing crafting, just removing the ability to conquer with that alone - an army might march on it's stomach, but a fat, sleepy army, that doesn't engage, isn't gonna conquer anything.

Well stretching it even more. If you have a lot of (for example) tanks, armoured Cars machine guns and planes (crafting) you can easy win over these who have half of it even when they have much more soldiers who fight better then yours ;)

Well stretching it even more. If you have a lot of (for example) tanks, armoured Cars machine guns and planes (crafting) you can easy win over these who have half of it even when they have much more soldiers who fight better then yours ;)

Armour on it's own won't win battles. You need to man those machines and then use them.

I don't remember who but I think some US military guy made the distinction between the UK and US military approaches... preferring to arm men than to man arms.

Edited by leehambly

Armour on it's own won't win battles. You need to man those machines and then use them.

But 10 man in good machines/planes or in well equipped bunkers sitting there on their fat asses ;) can win over much more soldiers without such equipment.

But 10 man in good machines/planes or in well equipped bunkers sitting there on their fat asses ;) can win over much more soldiers without such equipment.

indeed... as it would in SWTOR conquest :D

Crafting + Heroics + Ops + FPS + PVP + GSF > PVP + GSF

Edited by leehambly

No, they don´t remove it. But an army that will only get deliveries once will march on the stomach and will loose.

There would be just one way to make it equal for everybody:

let´s say you can do 6 heroics:

crafting: max of 6 items per week count

PVP: just the first 6 matches count

GSF: just the first 6 matches count

FPs: just the first 6 FPs count

OPs: 6 days = 6 OPs

So, everyone could make what he/she likes to do and all would be equal.

indeed... as it would in SWTOR conquest :D

Crafting + Heroics + Ops + FPS + PVP + GSF > PVP + GSF

IF you wanted it to be exact, then it would have to work with some ration, let say optimal 1 crafting point and 1 logistic point for 100 PvP/GSF points. And if it would be different your final points would be lowered by some percentage :D

Certainly food for thought. Personally, I would not be adverse to a SWG GCW style aspect to the conquest system, whereby, yes, the crafting that has been completed might have an actual impact in and on the pvp itself.

As we know, for sure, SWTOR, like all MMO's is not static.

Sure, but that doesn't address the OP's point... since only one planet normally counts towards conquest, doing the others doesn't help hit the conquest goal...

There would be just one way to make it equal for everybody:

let´s say you can do 6 heroics:

crafting: max of 6 items per week count

PVP: just the first 6 matches count

GSF: just the first 6 matches count

FPs: just the first 6 FPs count

OPs: 6 days = 6 OPs

So, everyone could make what he/she likes to do and all would be equal.

That was exactly my thought when I read through this thread.