Will KOTFE Heroics have the same exploitable flaw the launch Heroics had?

Transairion

Heroic Missions: On all planets up through Makeb the existing Heroic Missions have been revised in several ways in order to make them more accessible to all players:

All repeatable missions, including Heroic Missions, now have their own Mission icon: a gold triangle with arrows on it.

Heroic Missions have been adjusted to be completed by groups of 2+. This means that former [Heroic 4] missions have had their difficulties reduced.

Barring a few special exceptions, Heroic Missions no longer need to be turned in at an NPC or Mission Dropbox. On completion of the final step of a Heroic Mission, the Mission completion dialog will appear immediately in the field.

The first step of each Heroic Mission should give you a Heroic Transport item. Using this item (from your Mission Items inventory or the icon next to the task in the tracker) will transport you to a safe location near the site of the Mission.

While Heroic Missions may still be acquired from NPC’s in the field, you will also find a new Weekly Heroic Mission Terminal just outside of the spaceports of all planets up through Makeb. Accessing this terminal will allow you to easily acquire all the Heroic Missions for that planet.

Heroic Missions are now repeatable weekly and feature all new rewards!

Namely, that most of them only required Press X Y Z Terminal to complete them, rather than fighting X amount of mobs. Because of that, stealth classes were able to solo Heroic 4's from the getgo by cc-from-stealth on the mobs near the objective, hit objective, move on.

With these Heroic 2+'s likely reducing the number of mobs in the (former) Heroic 4's, and the unlikelyhood any other of the Heroic objectives were changed, this'll just mean stealth classes can once again breeze through the entire Heroic in a few minutes without fighting much, if any NPC's at all. There's still "How to solo Heroic XYZ" guides on Youtube showing how it's done from 2011.

Will the final objective always be changed to "kill a certain boss mob" at least, or are we going back to stealth fest where they aren't required to fight any mobs again?

Edited by Transairion

i am sorry but i dont really understand here where is the problem. And no i dont have any stealth character on the 24 i have now.

If a class allow you to stealth and by using your skills (included how to be invisible) you bypass some mobs what would be the problem ?

Each class use what they have at their disposal i think : i saw many throw into void a lot of mobs just to accelerate the fights, or some mezz them so they can simply pass by and run far so the mob reset ... is it bad ? i dont think so, they use their skills at the best they can do.

I even saw one simply doing this : run die , rezz, run die and so on until the end so he had only the boss final to do....

Now if EA think it is not good this is another story :)

I even saw one simply doing this : run die , rezz, run die and so on until the end so he had only the boss final to do....

Now if EA think it is not good this is another story :)

Indeed, there's one imp side Heroic which is instanced and death kicks you from the instance, there might be others idk I don't remember them all... maybe they could go that route for them?

There will be ones that people will come to know as easy and others as hard, some even easier for certain classes... much like there are easy flashpoints and hard ones (I'm not talking Hard mode, merely easier than other flashpoints), same with Operations.

With the width of variety in the game (what is it 120+?? heroics, 25 fps, 9 ops), it is simply not possible or even desirable to have all that content pitched at precisely the same level of effort and difficulty for all classes, abilties and players.

Edited by leehambly

Will the final objective always be changed to "kill a certain boss mob" at least, or are we going back to stealth fest where they aren't required to fight any mobs again?

"Stealthfest" was "kill that champion" and "see you through" back in 2012. Nothing going to change about it, so you still can't "click" your way to victory. However, we don't know yet how [H4] to [H2+] conversion will look like. Will it be "Me and companion are two!" or "Me and friend with both companions up to stay alive"? Unknown.

IMO, I don't expect much change except for reducing mob density here and there.

Edited by Jianka
Added line

"Stealthfest" was "kill that champion"-ed and " back in 2012. Nothing going to change about it, so you still can't "click" your way to victory. However, we don't know yet how [H4] to [H2+] conversion will look like. Will it be "Me and companion are two!" or "Me and friend with both companions up to stay alive"? Unknown.

Apart from 2 player mechanics, which are few and far between, it has always been me and my comp = 2. And looking at the stream... with Eric playing with no hat, only one relic, no utilities - it looks no different.

Apart from 2 player mechanics, which are few and far between, it has always been me and my comp = 2. And looking at the stream... with Eric playing with no hat, only one relic, no utilities - it looks no different.

Well, to be honest, it was "me and my comp, and we are 5-10 levels higher". It is a bit different soloing Black Hole heroic as level 50 or level 55+

Well, to be honest, it was "me and my comp, and we are 5-10 levels higher". It is a bit different soloing Black Hole heroic as level 50 or level 55+

It really wasn't. Heroic 4's maybe, not Heroic 2's. Same with Esselles... the "Flashpoint 2" - just cos people didn't try it, doesn't make it so.