Dailies 4.0

AussieAlan

Despite me having replied to this thread already, here is another thing to think about:

If we are now at level 52 in the Black Hole, it will be very difficult for most classes to get the weekly done because of the Heroics.

Now, anyone who believes that thanks to level sync, it will be super easy to form a group for the heroics there, I ask you where you get your confidence from?

The main reason why I was happy to eventually outlevel the Black Hole and started enjoying overlevelling in general was because I was tired of waiting and waiting and waiting in front of the entrance of the Black Hole heroic, spamming group requests and never ever did I find a group. And that was back in the days of The Progenitor when we used to have plenty of players there and the Black Hole was end game content!

Even back then, the vast majority of players was NOT interested and/or willing to group up. That's just a fact that anyone who has been there and done that, can confirm. I never minded grouping up and play an MMO although I consider myself a single player game fan. However, I became anti-grouping in this game, because I never got a group!

Then, finally, it was possible to do all the content except operations solo. I was able to see and play stuff I never could because of lack of groups.

Now, again, whoever thinks that level sync will make people group up for heroics: What makes you think that? Even if it gives extra XP and loot, why would you go back to whereever to do content there when you are actually playing KotFE and can do all the things you want and need there?

I tell you why you would go back: You won't. It's a logical fallacy.

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Despite me having replied to this thread already, here is another thing to think about:

If we are now at level 52 in the Black Hole, it will be very difficult for most classes to get the weekly done because of the Heroics.

Now, anyone who believes that thanks to level sync, it will be super easy to form a group for the heroics there, I ask you where you get your confidence from?

The main reason why I was happy to eventually outlevel the Black Hole and started enjoying overlevelling in general was because I was tired of waiting and waiting and waiting in front of the entrance of the Black Hole heroic, spamming group requests and never ever did I find a group. And that was back in the days of The Progenitor when we used to have plenty of players there and the Black Hole was end game content!

Even back then, the vast majority of players was NOT interested and/or willing to group up. That's just a fact that anyone who has been there and done that, can confirm. I never minded grouping up and play an MMO although I consider myself a single player game fan. However, I became anti-grouping in this game, because I never got a group!

Then, finally, it was possible to do all the content except operations solo. I was able to see and play stuff I never could because of lack of groups.

Now, again, whoever thinks that level sync will make people group up for heroics: What makes you think that? Even if it gives extra XP and loot, why would you go back to whereever to do content there when you are actually playing KotFE and can do all the things you want and need there?

I tell you why you would go back: You won't. It's a logical fallacy.

An absolutely spot-on post.

Anyone who thinks that levelsync will somehow bring back a never-was heyday of awesome grouping is going to be sorely, sorely disappointed.

No, people do BH, because it is easy and quick and decent credits...

If it had to be done in a group, I think far fewer people would bother, it doesn't pay THAT well...

You missed his point I think...

You won't need to do BH, SX in grp. Now you MAY or MAY NOT need to do the 4 man heroic in grp but not everything else. That's the point I am making.

Edited by Aricus

If I do them solo how does that affect you?

Who ever said about it affecting me? I am just counteracting that there are somethings you need to do in groups and I listed them above.

Edited by Aricus

An absolutely spot-on post.

Anyone who thinks that levelsync will somehow bring back a never-was heyday of awesome grouping is going to be sorely, sorely disappointed.

I don't think that's what most are thinking here. The level sync isn't about being forced to group, like how some of you are making it.

It's about not making things trivial and leveling the playing field. Also to stop high level players to farming heroic mobs on illum, Hoth, or coreilla all day for credits when there are people who legitimately need/want those quests done but cannot compete with a higher level player instantly killing all the mobs.

Also they made it to where you can go to any 2 man? heroic on the fleet to get meaningful rewards for your character. Now if they would of done this without the level sync, you would of been complaining about how easy it is for max players to get credits plus comms.

In other words, they wanted to make old content relevant regardless of a player's level and to do so required the level sync. Now, I have a much variety of content I can do to earn credits or comms. I am not just stuck doing Yavin, CZ, Oricon, and a few others. I can now do them plus many more.

Edited by Aricus

Group up with a couple people in the area doing it. It's an mmo. It's not scary and it will be ok.

So back to the days where people, up and leave group cause something didn't go their way and which makes you have to stop and start over again. Also the waiting for groups again. And all the other reason why i stopped wasting my time on them and just went SOLO. Don't get me wrong i love MMO games, but some things are broken and the whole group thing is broken. A new system need to be constructed. Where once in a group you are there til it is over.

Or you can't be a part of a group again for 24 hrs if you up and leave or something like that......

I did not get to lvl 60 ( x 10 toons ) and soon 65, just to get knock down and go through the same crap struggles again! When i go back to an older planet that i lvled up on and past to get to the next highest lvl. I want to be-able to go back and just concur older planets. That is a right of way for getting past it the first time and a lot of time it had taken too do so.

I want to Concur the old and progress on the new. So, i than one day, can concur that one i just progressed on with ease.

If this is the case with LEVEL SYNC, then my tenure here, may vastly, come to a end, sooner than later.....

Take Care and Be Well........

You won't need to do BH, SX in grp. Now you MAY or MAY NOT need to do the 4 man heroic in grp but not everything else. That's the point I am making.

Sure, but Black Hole isn't worth doing unless you're tagging the weekly.

It is the weekly that pays the comms, the weekly that multiples the credit rewards by giving an extra boost for doing them all.

It has been awhile, but I did the math one between doing just the dailies on Black Hole, Sec X, CZ-198, & Oricon without the heroics/flashpoints, vs. with.

(this was back when the 2 CZ-198 flashpoints were required for the weekly).

The conclusion I came to was that running the dailies without doing the heroics and tagging the weekly was a poor use of time.

I don't think that's what most are thinking here. The level sync isn't about being forced to group, like how some of you are making it.

It's about not making things trivial and leveling the playing field. Also to stop high level players to farming heroic mobs on illum, Hoth, or coreilla all day for credits when there are people who legitimately need/want those quests done but cannot compete with a higher level player instantly killing all the mobs.

Also they made it to where you can go to any 2 man? heroic on the fleet to get meaningful rewards for your character. Now if they would of done this without the level sync, you would of been complaining about how easy it is for max players to get credits plus comms.

In other words, they wanted to make old content relevant regardless of a player's level and to do so required the level sync. Now, I have a much variety of content I can do to earn credits or comms. I am not just stuck doing Yavin, CZ, Oricon, and a few others. I can now do them plus many more.

This doesn't make old content any more relevant, it just makes anything that takes us back to a lower-level planet more of a tedious slog than it's worth bothering with, at least for some of us.

As for this thing about max-levels going back to old planets and farming heroic mobs and thus interfering with the on-levels ability to do quests, I can think of exactly ONE instance of that I've seen in the years I've been playing this game. Maybe it varies between servers, but at least on the server I'm on, it's much ado about nothing, and it shows no signs of actually happening enough to worry about.

It is the weekly that pays the comms, the weekly that multiples the credit rewards by giving an extra boost for doing them all.

It has been awhile, but I did the math one between doing just the dailies on Black Hole, Sec X, CZ-198, & Oricon without the heroics/flashpoints, vs. with.

The conclusion I came to was that running the dailies without doing the heroics and tagging the weekly was a poor use of time.

What if you just plain enjoy running BH solo on your 60 once in a while?

Nothing to do with levels, or credits, or comms, or XP, you just want to go screw around for a bit.

Why is that any less "proper" or "legitimate" than any other use of one's time in the game?

For those saying it will stop people from farming heroic credits, I don't think so. As we say in the video if they are indeed easy enough to be solo then it won't fix anything. If they are to hard to do alone "many already could solo them at level", once again most people just won't do them. As other point out, back right after launch people couldn't get group made to do group content. This is not going to change, see that the catch 22, if they make it to hard a lot won't do them. If you make them easier then the people are just going to farmer the lower level heroic now get higher reward for doing the easier starter world. Of course I could be wrong, well just have to wait and see.

I am a fan of level sync but this logic is kinda far reaching. MMO is not about force grouping, raiding, or even being social. You know this right?

It is to an extent actually, especially on content that was designed that way. World Bosses were designed as raid bosses for us to take down. So are some of the other things you mentioned as well. Don't get me wrong. I'm mostly a solo player as well but I expect some things to remain a group effort.

It is to an extent actually, especially on content that was designed that way. World Bosses were designed as raid bosses for us to take down. So are some of the other things you mentioned as well. Don't get me wrong. I'm mostly a solo player as well but I expect some things to remain a group effort.

well bioware advertised this game as kotor 3-8 and anyone who was enticed by that comment came here to solo play 1st,then maybe try some group content as a byproduct of playing the game

I find groups usually just slow me down so I tend 2 go solo on the rare occasions that I actually decide 2 do dailies. That said, im fairly confident in my ability to continue to solo them if we are indeed a few levels above the enemies like they say we will be. Just wont be quite as much of a faceroll as it used 2 be. Of course I only speak for myself and won't know for sure until 4.0 actually gets here. :) Edited by crimsoncheeto

A MMORPG is just a world with lots of people in it. That is it in fact, before MMO muds had worlds that are just the same and other people showed up around. Sure not at the same level, but I think MUDS are the grand daddy of mmos.

Grouping, Raids, Dungeons, and Solo are all things to do in a MMO. It is a option, not what a MMO is all about. Myself, a MMO shines when it is caters to all play styles, and does not lean one way or another. That is why I feel MMO is not about just being social.

Operations, Flashpoints

Fixed.

Nitpicking? Maybe, but I do know I wouldn't go into WoW and call their stuff by SWTOR names. But I also know that BW:A's current dev team have been trying to come into their own, and that the original devs were just WoW-model-dependent, and that the current team have been trying to get away from WoW as much as they reasonably can. All roads do not lead to WoW.

Yes, but there are some things that you won't and shouldn't be able to SOLO and World bosses should be one of them. Just like Heroic Missions, HM FP, Operations, and etc.

I disagree, only regarding heroic missions, since it's never been impossible to solo them at, say, 5/6 levels above the enemy level. Missions that are 6 levels below you ar rgeen, at level levels they go grey, so it seems to me that doing them 6 levels above still comes under doing them at the "appropriate" level. I do agree with you regarding full-blown (non-solo mode) FPs, tacticals, HM FPs, Ops, and WBs, they should be group-required because they're so hardcore.

See, if you sent your support droid away from the instanced FP, you'd essentially have an instanced heroic; which may yet still be soloable, and so since it seems that all the heroics are being converted to just H2+s, it wouldn't be unreasonable to be able to solo them. Especially if you get a troll for a group member, what you can solo with yourself and your comp, you know you'll have an easier time with someone else, even if they make next to no effort to contribute.

I don't want any content labelled group content to be a nightmare, because my luck is such that I'm a dead-weight/troll player magnet and therefore the ONLY groups I will ever get will be filled, guaranteed, by such players, thereby proving that, MMO or no, hell becomes other people, especially when it feels like it's just you, a handful of good/nice players you'll never be able to know, or be sure whether or not they exist, and a massive festering slime pit of griefers and trolls and anyone else who will gladly add flipping great wadges to your repair bills because they can, and/or because it makes them feel better. And while we're mentioning MMO definitions, why in anyone's wildest hallucinations would they imagine that it should mean something other than this vast network of other players that is whatever each of us makes of it? I don't know about the rest of you, but I want to have fun, people are just going to avoid content infested with players out to make them miserable and spoil what might've been positive fun, with their negative, anti-social fun. I swear, it feels like I get all the dregs grouped with me, so much so that before 12x XP came along, I was dropping groups like hot bricks, thanks to the increased number of players who wouldn't follow advice, play dumb, or play rude/nihilistic/anti-social. Now, having said that, some friends of mine are good at what they do, but they can't be on 24/7, and they're active on a mere fraction of the servers I'm on; they're good players, and nice people, but we also don't share time zones. It would be great, it would be wonderful, it would be just marvellous if every person out there was actually a pleasure to group with, there'd probably be nothing outside of story I wouldn't be grouped for. But since it's not like that, the reality is that since BW:A seems to be promoting grouping, they're promoting grouping with all the griefers, as well as the few who are not.

When I say fun, it is fun at nobody's expense, I would presume we all share that not unreasonable definition of fun?

That is more, much more than can be expected of griefers, who could not exist if they weren't having fun at someone else's expense. Is it so unreasonable to want to play the game grouped with the right kind of people? If they are players who genuinely want to learn, and aren't just saying that as excuse not to pull their weight, or pretend to accept their advice and then not follow it, and basically mess with our heads. I do not enjoy dropping groups, it isn't something that I, nor anyone should ever have to do.

A four-letter word beginning with S and ending with M springs to mind, in the vernacular, to describe such low people, usually and more properly defined as impurities in water, but that's the exact nature of the kind of players that none of us should ever be stuck with, in a game, that we're supposed to play for fun. If BW:A's metrics told them who were what kind of players, I don't think I'd find the results all that encouraging, inasmuch that if the vast majority of people in groups, GF or otherwise-grouped, were exactly the kind of people I mentioned above, any prospects for getting through any group group content that's "intended" to be such would plunge into great abyss of nothingness.

http://au.ign.com/wikis/star-wars-the-old-republic/Heroic_Missions

Heroic Missions are Group Missions that will have you facing off against stronger and more powerful enemies. They will usually require a companion or another player to complete the quest.

Granted, this article is quite old, but think of your companion as someone other than an extension of you, since they're no longer gear-required, they're almost another player (and better and certainly more reliable than the dead-weight/trolling types I referred to earlier).

Basically, I want to do my dailies and H2+s in peace, so long as they're neither face-roll, nor nightmare, or until somebody worth grouping with actually comes along and enhances the positive fun, not extinguishes it.

TL;DR: Relax, this game is now WoW.

As gamers having positive fun, all H2+s (and anything else that has a two player or fewer recommendation)/dailies should be soloable, or grouped, optionally, with fun-loving, fun-spreading people, not griefing trolls.

Edited by sentientomega

What if you just plain enjoy running BH solo on your 60 once in a while?

I passed the 10k kill achievement on Black Hole awhile ago... the "fun" of running that place died a long time ago... :)

But hey, if you enjoy it, knock yourself out...

Nothing to do with levels, or credits, or comms, or XP, you just want to go screw around for a bit.

Why is that any less "proper" or "legitimate" than any other use of one's time in the game?

It isn't... I'm simply referring to the time/reward ratio... Beyond some point, it seems most people run dailies for credits and comms... Of course you can do it for fun, but like I said, I once did the math (back pre 3.0) and found that if you just did the dailies and skipped the weekly, you were hurting yourself on a credit/comm per hour ratio.

I meant nothing beyond that point.

Those were all soloable at level when they were semi new. I don't see it changing.

The +4 on Black Hole was soloable at launch?

That is too far back for me to really remember, but I don't think I ever tried it.

I did try the +2 on Oricon at lvl 55, and while it was doable (I did it a few times), it required more effort than it was worth.

This doesn't make old content any more relevant, it just makes anything that takes us back to a lower-level planet more of a tedious slog than it's worth bothering with, at least for some of us.

As for this thing about max-levels going back to old planets and farming heroic mobs and thus interfering with the on-levels ability to do quests, I can think of exactly ONE instance of that I've seen in the years I've been playing this game. Maybe it varies between servers, but at least on the server I'm on, it's much ado about nothing, and it shows no signs of actually happening enough to worry about.

If it's not for heroics or really anything why do you need to go back to the lower planets anyway? There's no reason for you to revisit a previous planet unless you're doing datacrons or like i stated above farming heroic mobs for credits (outside the few events).

Weeklies are only once a week. If that's what you're complaining about in regards to level sync then I am not sure what to say because it's not really a big issue.