The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Droid Parts and Custom Appearances - Cartel Market

I'd like to see a pack of 'droid parts' being made available on the cartel market. Likely unnecessary with changes to the 4.0 system, but I'd still like to outfit droids with stuff in their slots.

Additionally, maybe add some 'Droid' appearance Modifications and instead of locking them to one specific droid (M4, T7, C2, HK, Etc) have them so _any_ droid can wear them. And start adding in the various droids you can find in game, so our companion droids can be more diverse.

You know, there are several threads very similar to this that exist, namely threads about building your own droid companion.

Though I always support that idea, and in the other threads about this I've suggested 'designs' they could let us build, there is a search feature for a reason. Instead of parts for the existing droid companions (especially if they're meant to change their appearance), we should just have to do a mission chain to find a droid chassis, and from there design it how we want.

It really wouldn't work on droids, because the current droid companions are a specific model. It'd take a lot of work to allow us to change their appearance (like turning T7 into a HK type droid from the sounds of your post.) It'd be a lot simpler if we could just build our own, and imho, a lot better even.

There are plenty of customizations we need for droids in 4.0 especially if T7, Scorpio and MX can be recruited by anyone (fingers crossed).

So would be great to have:

For T7 - Imperial Astromech and GO-TO Customisations

For MX - Imperial Sith War Droid MK 1 http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Sith_war_droid_Mark_I and Czerka War Droid Customisations

For HK 55/51 - DX-TX http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/DX-TX, Cryer Droid https://www.pinterest.com/pin/495536765225344750/

Anyone think of any more?

You know, there are several threads very similar to this that exist, namely threads about building your own droid companion.

Though I always support that idea, and in the other threads about this I've suggested 'designs' they could let us build, there is a search feature for a reason. Instead of parts for the existing droid companions (especially if they're meant to change their appearance), we should just have to do a mission chain to find a droid chassis, and from there design it how we want.

It really wouldn't work on droids, because the current droid companions are a specific model. It'd take a lot of work to allow us to change their appearance (like turning T7 into a HK type droid from the sounds of your post.) It'd be a lot simpler if we could just build our own, and imho, a lot better even.

I disagree. You can completely change HK's appearance by putting any number of a different HK appearance mod slot items into him. All it does is replace the displayed model in game with a different displayed model. Some of the models would not be appropriate for all the droids considering their combat styles etc. But considering they are changing up companions already so that each can fulfill any role just, ove time, update the available models one at a time and make sure they can perform animations for said abilities.

Then you release the appearance mod item in a cartel pack, and people can change the look of their droid companions.

The droid parts was something separate. Its easy to outfit all your other companions, but its not always as easy to outfit your droids. Sure, I have a cybertech and I can make equipment for them but it just seemed that maybe they should have just one cartel market 'pack' of a complete set of droid parts (sensor, motor, etc) to make outfitting them qith the equipment easier, considering the vast number of available options for companions as is.

That last bit really is 'moot' though with companions scaling to your level and their equipment mattering for nothing.

Just thought I would throw it out there anyway.

The 'chassis' you are talking about ends up creating a more complex system. Its easier just to wholesale swap the model out as a single entity which they already do. Again, see the multiple HK customisations that do not look anything like the base HK.