Can someone explain this class to me?

Forever_Alone

http://www.torhead.com/skill-calc#2000MZhGMRkhMrtzZf0c.1

Similar to someone else's build just that I find ArP benefits ALL mele attacks rather than just buffing VS by 6%

Basically ALWAYS open from stealth.

Shock-Discharge-Maul-VS spam. Use Shock when x2 Stack (should have it between every Shock cd)-Discharge on CD-Maul when Proc'd-VS when nothing else.

Check the assassins codex at the top of this forum will give you the best in depth explenation of everything you need. As far as DPS your best bet for pure DPS is 5/31/3 deception spec. However for leveling I prefer the AOE and DOT style of madness.

Is there any actual evidence outside the realm of pvp burst from stealth that deception is in anyway (no just significantly) superior to madness?

Dont be hating but I have a build in mind which is slightly modified as compared to the other up there.

Before I reveal the build though, I need some questions answered, so here we go.

1) What is difference in the damage by Thrash/Larcerate/Voltatic Slash as compared to lightning charge, lighting charge discharge and surging charge. I am talking numbers here. how much damage will the slashes do as compared to how much damage is done by charge/discharge.

2)When in a fight, would a high DPS assassin do more melee attacks or more force attacks. I know you are going to have rotations etc, but still, in actual damage terms, is it more via melee or via lightning?

Dont be hating but I have a build in mind which is slightly modified as compared to the other up there.

Before I reveal the build though, I need some questions answered, so here we go.

1) What is difference in the damage by Thrash/Larcerate/Voltatic Slash as compared to lightning charge, lighting charge discharge and surging charge. I am talking numbers here. how much damage will the slashes do as compared to how much damage is done by charge/discharge.

2)When in a fight, would a high DPS assassin do more melee attacks or more force attacks. I know you are going to have rotations etc, but still, in actual damage terms, is it more via melee or via lightning?

Surging charge actually has roughly the same base damage as both hit's of vslash together but does internal damage so it ignores armor reductions and goes straight to their internal reduction. Plus Vslash hits twice so it's 2 defense check, shield check, and armor reductions to the one by charge. Practical example is Vslash usually hits for about 800-900 depending on targets armor but surging charge hits on a noncrit usually in the 1500 to 1600 range Thrash does something like 50 or 60 damage less per strike than Vslash. There is no reason to keep thrash after Vslash.

Force attacks are by far our hardest hitting abilities. Maul and assassinate do good damage but our both situational and neither does the damage of shock when it chain shocks. In deception Vslash acts to build shocks damage up in madness thrash acts as a fairly good damage attack with a good crit damage modifier and it hits multiple times making easier to proc raze. Melee feeds our force abilities to make them stronger so sins use both types quite frequently.

Edited by kainsec

ok so my understanding becomes you use VS to increase shock damage. This would mean that we should forgo Thrashing blades(6% VS damage) for 2 points and put them onto chain shock. as 2 lvls of chain shock would give us 30%x50% more damage.

Now i assume at lvl 50 you would always use Surging charge rather than lightning charge or dark charge, so using charge mastery gives u a max .09x1500 = 135 damage. I would think getting the extra 15% chance of chain shock with 50% damage is going to be more effective than getting an extra 3% on surging charge.

so a 2/31/8 build looks to do more damage than a 3/31/7 build(1 point going to chain shock and being taken from charge mastery).

Also, any experiences on using death field by any chance?? looks like a great mob killing skill.

ok so my understanding becomes you use VS to increase shock damage. This would mean that we should forgo Thrashing blades(6% VS damage) for 2 points and put them onto chain shock. as 2 lvls of chain shock would give us 30%x50% more damage.

Now i assume at lvl 50 you would always use Surging charge rather than lightning charge or dark charge, so using charge mastery gives u a max .09x1500 = 135 damage. I would think getting the extra 15% chance of chain shock with 50% damage is going to be more effective than getting an extra 3% on surging charge.

so a 2/31/8 build looks to do more damage than a 3/31/7 build(1 point going to chain shock and being taken from charge mastery).

Also, any experiences on using death field by any chance?? looks like a great mob killing skill.

When I was a sorc i used df all the time as part of an aoe build but I don't roll a madness atm that might change once after a couple raids and I can compare my damage between specs over a long fight. For sins though DF serves the purpose of putting a deathmark on a target. It's good damage mind you on it's own but the death mark thing is it's main function.

Now an important thing to remember about chain shock is that it does 50% of the tooltip damage not the actual damage. So chain shock does not benefit from vslash at all.