The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Can we make macros?

Bravvheart

Psh I wish. One button rotations would be awesome. Ud think they would allow macros since its been in almost every MMO ever made. But if it works don't expect swtor to adopt it.

Actually, using third party soft- or hardware to create one button rotations is a bannable offense, so be careful. They pretty much draw the line at one button starting several ingame actions, but BW also once said that a macro that types "inc grass" is not a allowed because it gives you an unfair advantage. So stick to pre-typing it and hitting enter twice. VOIP is perfectly fine, of course :rolleyes:

Edited by Mubrak

Actually, using third party soft- or hardware to create one button rotations is a bannable offense, so be careful. They pretty much draw the line at one button starting several ingame actions, but BW also once said that a macro that types "inc grass" is not a allowed because it gives you an unfair advantage. So stick to pre-typing it and hitting enter twice. VOIP is perfectly fine, of course :rolleyes:

it would be nice to be able to macro non combat stuff though...

like stuff in guild such as welcome and varies little things

or can we already do that and i havent figured it out yet lol

Are we NOT able to create and use macros or add ons? I recently wanted a follow macro and could not see where to create one or how. Coming from wow after 8 years I love my macros. Any help?

From 2013, Phillip Holmes, head of security;

"Strictly speaking, text macro’s are against the ToS. If its for emotes etc and isn’t being used as a way to advise others of an impending attack in a Warzone (inc snow! for example), then we will turn a blind eye to an extent. If you fire off emotes too many times in quick succession of course then you will get evaluated for if you are spamming.

One click ‘enter chat, type ‘inc snow!’, hit enter’ text macros designed to warn others is completely against the ToS. You need to make a decision – do I take the time to type ‘inc snow’ to the ops group, or do I just keep fighting this person… Think of it as an evaluation on if you are using a tool that gives you an unfair advantage over somebody not using that same tool.

Colour detection and evaluated action macros

The very act of determining a colour of a pixel on screen and as a result then using a specific action is one of the easy to understand examples of what we call automation. As soon as you have two things happening based on one key press, then its against the ToS.

Sequence clicking

If you have a system set up so that if you hit the same key 4 times likes so: ‘1, 1, 1, 1’ and instead of just firing off whatever 1 is bound to it fires off ‘1, 2, 3, 4’, then as long as you keep it to ‘one key == one other key hit’ its in that grey area of not true automation. There is a caveat – you can’t have the macro determine a minimum time between clicks to work around the global cool down timing and only fire the next button in sequence if the GCD has expired.

If you instead have a system that when you hit 1, it fires of 1, 2, 3, 4 in quick succession or all at once (i.e. one click == many actions) in order to try and fire something that isn’t currently in a cool down state then yes, that is against the ToS. Again, one click must always equal one action and only one action within the game."

Edited by t-darko

One click ‘enter chat, type ‘inc snow!’, hit enter’ text macros designed to warn others is completely against the ToS. You need to make a decision – do I take the time to type ‘inc snow’ to the ops group, or do I just keep fighting this person… Think of it as an evaluation on if you are using a tool that gives you an unfair advantage over somebody not using that same tool.

Seeing that VoiP is a tool that gives an unfair advantage over people not using VoiP and it can only be obtained from a 3rd party.....

You can right click a portrait of someone and auto-follow them...

And then get stuck 5 seconds after you go afk...

The game has strategically placed anti-follow plants everywhere on the screen. They did so you can auto-follow someone and get trolled by a plant/rock/elevation change.