Focus Target Modifier Guide

Jinre_the_Jedi

Just set it to any keybind that you don't use but is in a convenient location and is easy to hit in conjunction with other keys, including shift modified keybindings.

imo best bind is the wheel from mouse, quick and secure to not miss

One question I have though, is there a way to see the target of your focus target? to help facilitate focus fire and such? I can use target of target, but clicking on my focus target then the target of target box takes too much time in the middle of combat, there has to be an easier way. for example, i set my teammate as focus target and the plan was to jump on his targets until we finished whatever objective we happened to be going after.

Does anyone remember how this can be done? o.o

Since you take the time to do these videos you might want to extend the part of focus target modifier to include "follow focus target target" (FFTT), which basically falls under the same category of "how to make the most of your focus window". The benefit of FFTT is for all specs, e.g. dps FTTT of a teammate and bursting together an opponent, healers/tanks FTTT of an opponent and switching quickly to whoever he attacks, etc.

Some people have been urging me to upload my interface to some website where I can share it, but I can't remember the name of the website to do such a thing :(

The UI is in the C:\Users\(yourname)\AppData\Local\SWTOR\swtor\sett ings\GUIProfiles folder and you can upload it to any cloud storage (google drive, homtails "onedrive" ect

• 2 weeks later...
I have no idea why, but I can't make the focus target modifier work. I've been testing it with a couple different characters - one a jugg, the other a sorc. I've tried different keybinds, different abilities, putting a companion as my focus target and also an enemy. This is all in pve, not pvp, so maybe that makes a difference? The funny part is, the self target modifier works fine. Whatever key i bind it to, it always works. My cursor turns green. I'll keep playing with it, but right now I'm wondering if it isn't just a bug in my own computer somehow.

Do you keep the modifier button pressed down while activating the ability you are casting at your Focus? It always worked for me in PvE. I used to play with my husband and our 2 companions, and since companions do not show up on the operation bars, I would have Kira as a focus target to keep an eye on her health. Never had a problem focus modifier healing her then going back to my husband's toon. Edited by DomiSotto

Do you keep the modifier button pressed down while activating the ability you are casting at your Focus? It always worked for me in PvE. I used to play with my husband and our 2 companions, and since companions do not show up on the operation bars, I would have Kira as a focus target to keep an eye on her health. Never had a problem focus modifier healing her then going back to my husband's toon.

Yes, keep the button held down while you use the ability.