The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

dyes

santafaye

i would like to see colors like teal aqua neon green orange and pink with black ..and it would be cool if you had a black market trade network so we can bid on items that we cant get anymore or we can get at a price you start the biding out at .just food for thought

• 2 weeks later...
There need to be other color combos, and dyes need to be reclaimable. Like.. There should be a black/light blue combination, a dark grey/light grey combo (yes there's light grey/dark grey but would like the reverse). I understand the limitations of the color combos, but trying to find stuff that looks good with a twi'lek depending on the color of their skin is kinda.. difficult. also a red/black combo would be nice..

If you ask me, with the current dye combo system, we'll never get every combo requested by players in tens of years.

Solution would be to simply separate primary and secondary dye slots, and let players actually combine their own dyes. Now BW can focus on adding different shades of colors on market, rather than try to force every basic color combo together, which gets dull really fast.

Edited by Kiesu

If you ask me, with the current dye combo system, we'll never get every combo requested by players in tens of years.

Solution would be to simply separate primary and secondary dye slots, and let players actually combine their own dyes. Now BW can focus on adding different shades of colors on market, rather than try to force every basic color combo together, which gets dull really fast.

I agree with this, and it also open up the potential for adding in the Tertiary color slot at some point as well.

I remember your old thread you made about this and I supported that and this as well.

And by the way:

If using 64 palette colour, with all the variations of said colours(light, base, pale, dark, deep) and then the combinations of those, and at the rate we are getting them, around 2 a month, it would take over 16 thousand years to get all the combos.

Edited by Mowermanx

That's not a bad idea and could work, yes well aware its a lot of work for BW to do it.

I wonder with the changes made to crafting in 4.0 if any new dyes will be available for artifice.

And that really just ends this thread. No other discussion is necessary other than "pitchforks and torches to get Bioware to implement it."