Look up "spawn camping" in the GSF dictionary...

MaximilianPower

...and you'll see this. Check the minimap.

I should've taken this shot prior to spawning, but just so it's clear what's happening: Siraka skillfully deposited a beacon in the pub capital ship. Anyone using it self-destructed, but still, the fact that he got it in there kinda tells you what sort of game it was. Well, that and the score.

No real point here, I just thought it was amusing. Carry on.

Yep even with CP quite a bit of damage goes through. The cap ship blasters must do like 2000 damage per shot or so. You basically have to fully turbo in and pop hydrospanner after the first few shots or you won't make it to the safe zone.

I wonder if a max evasion scout with barrel roll could also make the journey.

Yep even with CP quite a bit of damage goes through. The cap ship blasters must do like 2000 damage per shot or so. You basically have to fully turbo in and pop hydrospanner after the first few shots or you won't make it to the safe zone.

I wonder if a max evasion scout with barrel roll could also make the journey.

Yes a Max Evasion Scout with Barrel can make the journey. I've taken the beacon inside their ship before and made it out alive.

The problem there is that you have to put it in one of the spots that the turrets can't reach. At that point, it can't hit the spawners at all- they have to come looking, and players doing that aren't going to die to a turret. Your best bet is probably interdiction or missile turret for that reason.

You can't really spawn camp in dom, but you can do fun stuff like this thread.