The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

What's the target Accuracy % for Advanced Prototype (PVP)?

dasch_lurken

You should not need to bother with Accuracy in PvP. The only time you should be missing with Rail Shot is if a DCD that grants Defense Chance is active, or you are fighting a Tank. 91%/101% Accuracy (the 1% from Comp Buff) should suffice, because Rail Shot has 101% Accuracy because it is a special attack. The only thing that actually has the 91% Accuracy is your Basic Attack. All other attacks follow the Tech Accuracy value, even if they are Ranged, because anything except Basic Attack is counted under the Special Attack set which has a separate accuracy value shown inside the Tooltip for Ranged/Melee Accuracy.

Wrong. Railshot is considered a white dmg attack and need the acc.

True, BUT. If you hover over the Ranged Accuracy statistic, you will see a value called Special Attack: 101% (or whatever your Tech Accuracy value is) THIS value is the Accuracy Value for all Ranged Attacks EXCEPT your Basic Attack, your Basic Attack follows the 91% Accuracy (or whatever your Ranged Accuracy is) therefore, you do NOT need the bonus accuracy for Rail Shot and other White Damage attacks barring the Basic Attack.

95% or your railshot keeps missing a lot ^^

sigh. /facepalm

Your railshot in PvP will miss almost the same amount no matter how much accuracy you take. Seriously. I've tested it to hell and back and accuracy hardly affects your hit rate in PvP because the vast majority of your misses in PvP come from accuracy debuff and defensive cooldowns.

Seriously, the M/R hitrate in PvP is approx 87% for all non-basic M/R abilities, and that statement holds true for all reasonable amounts of accuracy.

The only reason you ever take accuracy in PvP is because the surge DR curve is brutal. Even then you should never have more than 2 acc enhancements.

Edited by Zoom_VI

Personally I aim for 98%

simply because it's 600, and if you balance all your stats, you can get 600 of every stat across the board... (you have to pick between surge + alacrity, or go 300/300)

i rarely miss my abilities.

If i miss I dont throw a tantrum

if I miss it doesn't hurt, destroy or annihilate my rotation.

I think pumping 700+ into any stat will hurt your build and create pointless farm routes for a stat that has been so heavily disrespected for many reasons and then just randomly thrown in arbitrarily

and the so called Accuracy stat buff they gave barely makes 1% of a difference in your stats. so epic fail bioware once again.

I just do the math and scale out my gear

186 = 560

192 = 600

198 = 630(ish, approx 620-640 depending on the mods you can actually acquire, and how you distribute it)

Also, even with 100% accuracy you can still miss, or have your attacks dodged, parried and resisted.

So all that hardcore 758 accuracy pumping is in vain.

EDIT - Just noticed it said PVP. I apologize :p

For PVP i get around 95%

I didn't really have a specific breakdown on accuracy for PVP, i just aimed for 70% surge (400) 3% alacrity (around 250) and put the rest into accuracy. and I ended up with 95.18% accuracy (316)

Hope that helps

Edited by Bonzenaattori

• 2 weeks later...
Stop stacking accuracy in pvp.

My point exactly. The only skills using ranged are: Hammer Shot/Rapid shot (basic attack), and High Impact Bolt/Railshot.

TECH means the skill does have basic accuracy of 101% (including companion affection buff).

And consular/inquisitor buff increases only RANGED and MELEE defense by 5% not TECH. Which means only two abovementioned skills will be affected by 5% less accuracy.

There is no point in getting accuracy over Surge... And alacrity, oh man, its nice for pve, but due to stuns & latency it loses its value over surge in pvp, especially in ranked by a MILE.

Edited by Nezyrworks

Personally I aim for 98%

simply because it's 600, and if you balance all your stats, you can get 600 of every stat across the board... (you have to pick between surge + alacrity, or go 300/300)

i rarely miss my abilities.

If i miss I dont throw a tantrum

if I miss it doesn't hurt, destroy or annihilate my rotation.

I think pumping 700+ into any stat will hurt your build and create pointless farm routes for a stat that has been so heavily disrespected for many reasons and then just randomly thrown in arbitrarily

and the so called Accuracy stat buff they gave barely makes 1% of a difference in your stats. so epic fail bioware once again.

I just do the math and scale out my gear

186 = 560

192 = 600

198 = 630(ish, approx 620-640 depending on the mods you can actually acquire, and how you distribute it)

Also, even with 100% accuracy you can still miss, or have your attacks dodged, parried and resisted.

So all that hardcore 758 accuracy pumping is in vain.

EDIT - Just noticed it said PVP. I apologize :p

For PVP i get around 95%

I didn't really have a specific breakdown on accuracy for PVP, i just aimed for 70% surge (400) 3% alacrity (around 250) and put the rest into accuracy. and I ended up with 95.18% accuracy (316)

Hope that helps

Please just don't. Don't make people do stupid things you do because you can't be bothered with checking and learning the game mechanics. Don't teach people how to nerf their burst only to get basic shot and railshot a negligible chance to hit (which will also be affected by other debuffs like rot gas lol).

Edited by Nezyrworks

Please just don't. Don't make people do stupid things you do because you can't be bothered with checking and learning the game mechanics. Don't teach people how to nerf their burst only to get basic shot and railshot a negligible chance to hit (which will also be affected by other debuffs like rot gas lol).

Riot gas? wow, apparently dealing with riot gas is super difficult

What are you gona tell me next, I should hold my rail shot for a sentinel to pacify me? Kappa

What are you gona tell me next, I should hold my rail shot for a sentinel to pacify me? Kappa

Drop the elitism. It doesn't suit someone that is consistently misinformed.

Edited by Zoom_VI

Out of everything i said about redundancy of accuracy in PVP PT/VG AP gear you took the only bit that was referring to as an example of accuracy reducing debuffs and pointed out its not difficult to avoid it? Is it all you can argue about?

Not only you are misinformed, intentionally or unintentionally claiming false statements and trying to troll, which by its own is a offence that could be reported, but you also should just drop the subject and let others help if you are not certain of it by yourself.

And yes i know that the amount of information available to a casual player on the forums is much smaller than it used to be, and its really hard to have a constructive conversation here now, but it's for new players sake that they could relay on the proper data received from more experienced community members. It would be for our mutual sake wouldn't you agree?