@Current Ranked Arena Merc players, I have a question

SVTCarnage

So anyone that plays ranked arena right now on their mercenary, I just wanted to ask what is your all's opinion on Innovative Ordnance vs Arsenal in ranked arena?

Thanks for your unput

rofl que for ranked as merc / mando get targeted by everyone on the enemy team, die.

I'll try to give you a good answer. Keep in mind I've given up on ranked with my commando, however I do have experience in ranked with one and lots of experience against one.

IO is the better damage spec imo for regs but it does not work in ranked. You do not have time to set up damage and target swapping is very important. Arsenal is the ranked spec, fast target swapping, strong burst and better survivability.

Your success will depend on your team. You will hang back and let them open, then get in there, net the sorc most likely and start bursting. This is the ideal scenario. Of course you will probably get a bad team who waits for enemy's to come to you and forget about peels. If this happens, just start kiting and hope they take someone out before you die.

The real problem for mercs in ranked, is getting stealth raped. If there's 2 or more stealthers on enemy team, its lost. Unless they're bads of course, highly possible.

A good juggernaut/guardian is your best friend. He'll get in there and take the heat, let you do your job.

To sum up, merc sucks in solo ranked, arsenal is still the best spec for it but your going to have a bad time and take a lot of **** from people, even though you could have won if they helped you a bit with peels. Don't let it put you off though, if you love the class and have a thick skin, go right ahead.

IO has great mobility, arsenal is ok but IO is superior for kiting.

Also your net is scary, everyone fears getting netted. In ranked 8 seconds of vulnerability and high damage is scary, so using it on a healer is a death sentence often.

The net could be scary if you couldn't negate it with your breaker. Unfortunately everyone will save their breaker until someone is netted. The only time a net will be scary is if you are being bursted down the first or second stun and have to use your breaker and then get netted. A merc will not survive for a second chance of netting someone so that's a scenario you don't have to pay much attention to.