Group Conversations in KotFE

JMullane

Here's a question I haven't really heard the answer to:

In KotFE, will the main storyline still support group conversations?

I primarily play the game with a friend, and we pair up as two different class characters and watch each other's storylines, and it's a lot of fun having our characters step through each conversation each in their own way, never knowing who is going to win the conversation roll and drive it forward in a certain way.

I assume KotFE's plot won't operate like that, and that's fine. Starting with Forged Alliances the story has shifted to be played out mostly in personal phases, where one character makes all the choices while additional group members become spectators, so it was really one person's story at a time. And that's fine.

My question is really this: in KotFE, will it operate the same way? Can you take a party member with you to watch your personal story, and then swap later and watch them play the story again in a different way? I have assumed the missions would still support spectator mode, and you would just have to play each mission multiple times so all group members have a chance to play their version of events.

I do worry that spectator mode will either get disabled, or you will be unable to re-enter areas to watch your groupmates play their version once you have completed your version. If we start getting locked out of each other's story areas it's going to make it extremely frustrating to continue playing the game the way we play it now, and I'm starting to worry that our first jump into KotFE will be a disappointing letdown as we face roadblocks to group adventuring.

A little heads up about the scope of group story limitations might help us avoid the frustration. At least we'll be prepared for the limitations.

I thought the original class story missions didn't allow another group member to interact with your conversations? Only side quests and fps have let you do that. They did say you can play KotFE as a group, but I had assumed its going to be like any of the previous main storyline questing before, only as a spectator in the cutscenes.