The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

The Suggestion Compilation Thread - Regularly updated!

RuinGaming

Another suggestion I would like to add to the list would be the ability to look at all of your companions gear via some sort of list on the companion frame, as well as put in and out gear for them while they are not necessarily there.

Like the lockers in Mass Effect.

• Replies 999
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I already see a lot of complaints about people not knowing their combat role in groups. I left WOW because of the way people harassed each other and thank you for not allowing gearscore/recount etc.

However there is still an issue where players don't really know their role. It was the issue with WOW - this shouldn't be something just left to the community to sort out as this just resolves to the lowest common denominator. Stuff like Tank, DPS are slang terms familiar to long time MMO player - but after just introducing a friend to the game, they aren't obvious to new players - I also remember being newer to wow and wondering why people were spamming chat for a tank when I never saw an actual "Tank" in the game. Was it a tank of water?

My suggestion is just a quest right after you finish the quest to get your spec. This quest requires to you to allocate your skill points and then visit an NPC for advance squad training (or something like that). The NPC (i.e. the game) evaluates where the character put that skill point. It then gives them some explanation of the the skill tree they chose and how best to use - and there is no reason not to be explicit like have the NPC base on the skills that you are learning you be able to do a lot of damage or "based on those skills you'll take damage like a tank." Then the quest NPC puts them on a mission with 3 other npcs where their goal is to perform their role function - i.e. a healer needs to keep the group healed, a tank needs to hold aggro or dps needs to deal a certain amount of damage. I think this would end some of the frustration both from new players and louder elitists. It would explain the group role to newer player and give them some experience with playing it.

Also if someone say spec'd at level 11 or 12 and put points across multiple trees when showing up at the above quest giver, he might warn them that its better to specialize and give give them a chance to spec into a single tree.

Why can't you just send a chat message that x item sold instead making me schlep over to a mailbox to find out that I don't really have mail - but I will in an hour.

For me at least this is one of the most annoying game items. Frankly I rather you just not send a mail at all telling me I'm going to get mail then getting these messages.

A couple of things I'd like to see. Many already mentioned, but worth repeating:

1) Gloves hideable in the same way as helms

2) Helms + gloves hideable on companions

3) A smaller, sawnoff style shotgun model for smugglers (thinking of Zoe's from Firefly here)

4) Many more chairs that you can sit in

5) Chat bubbles

6) Better previews for companion customization (zoomed in on the face so you can actually see it properly)

7) Previews for weapons

8) Stack splitting without having the item pasted to your chat

Edited by DraigAthar

Found two more annoyances tonight :D

Item stacking:

Same items are not automatically stacked when added to the inventory/storage unit. So you have to do that yourself to save space. How hard can that be??

Multiple item purchases:

In WoW you could press CTRL- or SHIFT-click (I forget which) and you could enter the number of items you wanted. Here I have to click for each item .. or if there is a way to purchase many items, I haven't found it.

excellent work voicing the community, you have my thanks.

my idea: mannequins in your personal ships that you can dress up in any gear you might be proud of or simply just like the look of, instead of letting them rot in your cargo hold because you dont want to sell/delete them.

at the very least, why is there not more purchasable cargo room. ive noticed for a while now that it says on the bottom 'bay one'. so wheres two, and three. seriously. make us go on some quest to earn this but make it happen. : )

the other day i did a mission on alderaan where (surprisinly) upon arriving, i get support throughout most of the mission which was a raid on a castle- by AI'S. :[) a war droid and its gunner/reparier. see, id like to see more of that. and on a larger scale just like battle front. if that small instance of ai mission support was that fun, imagine how an entire battle field of tha could be.

chat bubbles please.

more focus on the social aspect, in the cantinas, family units, and more allys able to join you.

thx

at the very least, why is there not more purchasable cargo room. ive noticed for a while now that it says on the bottom 'bay one'. so wheres two, and three. seriously. make us go on some quest to earn this but make it happen. : )

thx

hey mate you can purchase more bays, open you cargo hold and in its in the top right corner iirc

oh and fix the music plz BW

Nice thread.

Space combat. I like it just fine, but here's a suggestion:

Remember Space Ace and Dragon's Lair? They were totally linear, but gave us seperate paths to choose from which increased immersion and the illusion of freedom of choice.

It would be cool if space missions did the same to some degree. It would still be "on rails", but there could be diverging paths depending on our actions. An ingame cutscene following the choice sometimes would be awesome, also!

I can actually emulate the entire original laser disc Space Ace arcade game on my netbook. :D

Edited by Daemonjax

Here's my humble suggestion.

If I'm not mistaken, right now one's alignment is determined by the sum of their points (where I'll just say that dark side points are negative numbers). With this system and enough time, no one can ever be anything but 100% light or 100% dark. If I average 3 light side points for every 2 dark side points, then I will approach 100% light at a rate of +1 per choice (arbitrary values here of course).

I would rather see a system that more appropriately reflects me and my choices. I suggest that the system use an average of our points to determine our alignment. This would allow us to stay at varying shades of "gray" if our choices were such. Using the above numbers, I would be aligned at 0.5 light side perpetually unless the pattern of my choices changed.

I understand that this is a game and many players would not enjoy being bound to past choices forever. That is why I suggest that the game only average the character's last X number of points or choices (this value could be determined by the devs; the point is that this value would be finite). That way eventually the "bad data" would be left behind and one could change their alignment and even achieve 100% light or dark if they chose to.

If the average only used data from a relatively few recent choices, affecting change would be quite easy; it could even be easier/faster than trying to change from light to dark under the current system. Rate of change could easily be throttled by how far back the average goes. Without the system I suggest, it's virtually impossible to be represented as anything but Light! or Dark! without gaming the system with things like diplomacy or deliberate dialog choices just for certain moral points.

Nice thread.

Space combat. I like it just fine, but here's a suggestion:

Remember Space Ace and Dragon's Lair? They were totally linear, but gave us seperate paths to choose from which increased immersion and the illusion of freedom of choice.

It would be cool if space missions did the same to some degree. It would still be "on rails", but there could be divergent paths depending on our actions. An ingame cutscene following the choice sometimes would be awesome, also!

I can actually emulate the entire original laser disc Space Ace arcade game on my netbook. :D

Top suggestion imo, and space battles would benefit greatly from cutscenes

1. I would be able to customize my companion to the degree of detail as there was in the initial character creation. Choosing from about 6 or so skins doesn't seem like enough.

2. Have quests where using more than one companion is a necessity.

3. Aesthetic upgrades to your speeder. A colour palette or possibly insignias/symbols. Possibly even the ability to earn things like special insignias or colours.

4. A form of trophy room in the player ship where you and whoever else can view some achievements you have earned. Ranging having a beasts head mounted on the wall or a trophy in a case.

5. More species for character creation. I'd much like to see the Nautolans as a playable species. I understand this will mean having to create more variations in armours.

6. Player bounties! I don't know how this would work exactly but I'm sure BioWare could find a way. It would consist of tracking down an enemy given to you by a Hutt or something.

7. Make the space combat a lot like Eve. This could be a strong point. It would bring a lot more players to the game and would allow a larger variety of gameplay. Remember the Star Wars: Battlefront II space combat? Imagine that but updated. You respawn in your hangar OR the large hangar full of many ships and fly out into the area given. Only being able to use ships from the fleet would allow a larger balance since some classes would have higher firepower or speed with their ships.

Obviously a lot of the things I would have said have been said already but I hope some of the things I've said get put into consideration.

Edited by BrownBearLG

With all the suggestions you guys are making it sounds like you guys are describing " Star Wars Galaxies " lol. Which they got rid of for this WoW clone. So madding we waited so long for this crap. I am s Star Wars fan boy so i will continue to sub until i feel i have digested most of the content available. i.e. re-roll a number of characters until the monotony of the side quests turn my brains to mush. They should release this to PS3 and Xbox next that is how dumbed down this game is. I am enjoying my time here but there is a reason i quit playing WoW after a month or so and the same reasons are present here.

Chat UI could use a few minor tweaks. I want ability to make separate tabs for guild, group/OPS and trade chat while keeping my default general channel to monitor everything. When you click on a tab it should already be set up to chat in that specific channel and none other. For example, group tab would be set to group chat as a default. As it is now if you change from group to general all tabs are changed as well.

Also when you respond to a tell message it should default back to the general channel or whatever channel you were set to before the message.

Being dismounted all the time from 1-50 is really. I mean REALLY frustrating. Why even offer better mounts that dismount you less from mobs at 50 if we arn't even going to be enjoying them through the main story/content. My proposition is to make the chance to be dismounted from damage (pve) about 5% or atleast upgrade the damage they take before they blow up. Stick to the better ones having better speed. 110% for this game is too slow. My speeder just "feels" way too slow at these speeds. I'd say rank 1: 100% rank 2 : 150% rank 3: 200%.

These are just ideas but mounts as is are just ruining my and I'm sure others experience with the constant dismounting.

Personally, I'd like an option in Preferences that allows me to turn off the menu that appears every time a companion returns from gathering mission. I can think of very little that I find more annoying in the game than when I'm working with other menus (modifications, galatic trade kiosk, companion inventory moves) and having those closed in lieu of my companion interrupting me with a smack to the forehead with a sign that says "I'VE RETURNED FROM MY MISSION!!! PAY ATTENTION TO ME!!!" I find it disruptive in nasty battles, and I understand that it's something that PvP players could do without.

Of lesser annoyance are the (AREA) missions that keep coming up after I've abandoned them for lack of interest. I'd like if these quests could be flagged as "Leave me alone after this."

I also wouldn't mind an option to sell back unused commendations to an NPC. I have no use for Ord Mantell commendations, but I could certainly use the credits. $ € £ ¥ ₧ ƒ

Edited by Cienna
another idea to add / grammar rectification

Add target forwarding option (target of target). This means that implied target would have to be added as well. This ability allows you to use your spells/abilities through the target (your companion or group member).

Extremely helpful for healers and in groups and raids.

I think this is the most missed option for me at this moment.

As a Sage I feel this is essential. I could keep tank targeted to watch health and use offensive abilitys when health is a good levels...

I have read every post in this thread. (Whew!) I second/third/fourth/to infinity and beyond! the following suggestions:

- Bind to ship/fast-travel directly to the ship

- Mailbox on the ship

- TARGET OF TARGET

- Option to make ALL companion returns go to pending (not interrupt you, no, not ever)

- Customizable ship exteriors and, eventually, interiors

- Global search for auction house, refinement to allow query formation based on entries and selections (when present, as opposed to requiring them)

- Ability to summon group members to your flashpoint/instance (with some small cooldown to avoid abuse)

- Ability to have companion "stow" inventory in cargo hold

- Faster response times for companions when you order them to attack (No, I care not to watch Qyzen draw his damn techblade every time!)

And finally, have mercy on the consulars and GIVE QYZEN A MODDABLE TECHBLADE, DAMN IT.

(I'd write more and at great length in relation to UIX design recommendations, but as I get paid for this at work, and this is for fun... forgive me. Suffice to say all the previous commentary on moveable panes, resizing/UI scaling, free-form key binding, et al are all supported and recommended here. Additionally, consider opening up some manner of skinning to the community for community produced UI... you'd be surprised how much folk will do and you can cherry-pick the best to wrap into patches/releases just like some companies... who shall remain nameless... but their name begins with a "B" and their game is probably one of the better examples of consistent, intuitive, and natively understandable UIX I've ever seen... from color consistency to symbology.)

Unfortunately no game is gonna be perfect (it's been out a month people!) but there are some things you should get done on the first patch to make sure the impact of irritations is lessened a little.

I would like to see these ground breaking features please Bioware (EA);

Right click self casting on UI buttons (like WoW)

Keybinding for CTRL/ALT/SHIFT as modifier keys (like WOW ie. drop down box)

UI Scaling (like WoW)

Moveable UI elements (like WAR or Rift)

On on a more massive implementation PVP/RVR etc ...please Bioware designers go and play WAR or RIFT (or WoW if you must) for a while, look at what these games do well and rip the ideas (WoW has done this for some time and got away with it). Primarily the PVP system in WAR is awesome, as is the mini group quests on the fly in WAR/RIFT...you could learn a lot from these games without ruining your own.

:)

Here are my list of suggestions:

(some may be doubles, sorry about those)

Hood Toggle

Let players choose to wear a hood. No animation needed (though that would be cool), just a single toggle like the head slot in the preferences menu.

Player Ship

- Take off/landing animations are in the wrong place. Just because I enter my ship, doesn`t mean I leave the planet. Maybe I just want to equip companions, talk to them, etc. (annoyed me in Mass Effect 2 as well. Kotor style would be great)

- Add more functions to the ships, so we can actually feel like it is our home. Maybe add a mail terminal?

These two in particular would be fantastic. :) I find it annoying that a large proportion of Jedi armor forces you to have a hood up. From an RP standpoint, you would only have your hood up to shelter your head from rain, sun, cold, etc.. or if you're trying to hide your identity not when you're just standing around in the cantina or on your ship.

I think it should go without saying that having companion mission reports go to pending automatically should be added as soon as possible. :cool:

Edited by Dash_Socur

I see /roll and dual-spec is already mentioned, want to add character experience gains for gathering nodes. If you have 3 gathering professions while leveling it really slows down your progress, it would be nice to at least have a "compensation" low exp reward for gathering.

It does not break anything as once you hit 50 it no longer matters.

Edited by complexxLT

Unfortunately no game is gonna be perfect (it's been out a month people!) but there are some things you should get done on the first patch to make sure the impact of irritations is lessened a little.

I would like to see these ground breaking features please Bioware (EA);

Right click self casting on UI buttons (like WoW)

Keybinding for CTRL/ALT/SHIFT as modifier keys (like WOW ie. drop down box)

UI Scaling (like WoW)

Moveable UI elements (like WAR or Rift)

On on a more massive implementation PVP/RVR etc ...please Bioware designers go and play WAR or RIFT (or WoW if you must) for a while, look at what these games do well and rip the ideas (WoW has done this for some time and got away with it). Primarily the PVP system in WAR is awesome, as is the mini group quests on the fly in WAR/RIFT...you could learn a lot from these games without ruining your own.

:)

Had i played any of the other games in this post maybe I'd see your point but forgive me but this seems as though the post can be summed up to say

"Make this game WoW"

Which is highly counter intuitive in my opinion

What i want to see is two things

1) when i have my set keys to be a specific combo I want them locked so my number 1 is always slash 2 is always medpacks 3 is always.... etc

To many times in the middle of battle the mouse accidently clicks one away from the hotkey area or moves it accidently and i have to struggle just to get it back into formation.

2) I want the ability to immidiatly assign a skill to a specific number instead of dragging and very ever so carefully "dropping it" into the slot.

Again to many times does it not work exactly the right way only to dissapear and i have to hunt for it again in the skill menu

Some small suggestions:

Make nameplates click-able through increasing the size of the health-bar and highlighting it visibly when hovering with mouse over it.

Make class of nameplates toggle-able as in show enemy/neutral, show friendly, show all, show none via keybindings.

That is all :)