The Suggestion Compilation Thread - Regularly updated!

RuinGaming

I could think of quite a few but I will ask something simple. Please Bioware show companion health as party/raid frames in a group situation. I am playing as a healer and in some cases it is needed. I was in a group of 3 guys plus Khem Val as tank for a heroic quest. The fight was messy and I had to find Khem on screen and left click on him manually. The result was not very good considering all these mobs surrounding him...

It is not needed to see your own companion because you have his portrait down and left but other people's companion should be in your party/raid health frame.

Unless there is a way to do it and I have completely missed it. I checked on "Preferences" but didn't see any option for that.

• Replies 999
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So you'd rather he pay $15 a month for an indeterminable amount of time until the game is raised to his standards during which he might not even be enjoying the experience?

It must be nice to have extra disposable income to spend on un0enjoyable entertainment.

Also...it's $15 a month.

I was unemployed for a while back in 2006, which is when I really got into raiding. Why? Because $15 a month for unlimited playtime of entertainment is about the cheapest thing you can do. Hell, it cost me more to go hiking because the only open space near me was a 15 minute drive away and had a $2 park fee. WoW for a month was literally the same price as hiking 5 times, or a couple seeing a movie once.

If you don't have $15 of disposable income a month, the initial purchase must have taken 6 months of savings, and you are going to bail so soon? That just seems financially irresponsible.

Oh, and they have announced new warzones and guild banks for the second update (1.2). 1.1 is getting new flashpoints and expanded ops, and likely the ability to remove armoring from raid drops and pass raid set bonuses to modded gear. I think they are listening.

Edited by RuQu

These are not in any order of preference.

1) Collectible Pazaak decks, Allow us to play against other players and NPCs and bet money. For instance, have some in random places in the world similar to datacrons. As well have professional pazaak NPCs that you can beat to get their decks. Betting against other players is a must.

2) Flesh out world pvp, Don't you guys have the EAMythic crew working for you? This games pvp sucks when you consider the talent you have on payroll. Fix it

3) Guild housing in any form. Player housing in any form beyond ship

4) Group space combat, 4 8 and 16 player content.

5) Some level of External Ship customization

6) Update crafting so that each skill has valid things it can do as "mods" IE adding extra slots, wows leg armor patches, leatherworking etc.

7) Fix random FPS issues in fleet, taris, and warzones!

8) Fix your UI, If i enable the right bar and have quests tracked, they overlap. Really? really? This was missed? really? Allow us to move, scale, change color, map, macro our entire UI.

9) Guild Bank, How is this not ingame?

10) Guild advancement. There are too many cool things to do to list. Look around at other MMOs.

11) Don't reuse space levels, it's cheap and boring, shame on you.

12) Pazaak

13) Pazaak

Ability to adjust font size...at LEAST in the chat window.

During quest dialogue, adjust the font color so white text is not on a light background. Last night I decided to just skip reading it if I have move three feet closer to my TV...and still not be able to read it clearly. Making the text be a box and shading the adjacent area around the text would probably work fine.

Also...it's $15 a month.

I was unemployed for a while back in 2006, which is when I really got into raiding. Why? Because $15 a month for unlimited playtime of entertainment is about the cheapest thing you can do. Hell, it cost me more to go hiking because the only open space near me was a 15 minute drive away and had a $2 park fee. WoW for a month was literally the same price as hiking 5 times, or a couple seeing a movie once.

If you don't have $15 of disposable income a month, the initial purchase must have taken 6 months of savings, and you are going to bail so soon? That just seems financially irresponsible.

Oh, and they have announced new warzones and guild banks for the second update (1.2). 1.1 is getting new flashpoints and expanded ops, and likely the ability to remove armoring from raid drops and pass raid set bonuses to modded gear. I think they are listening.

Gotta agree here i started playing MMO's to save money! and it worked! $5 game here and there movie here and there all add up $15 once a month amazing cause i stopped renting games and movies.

1) When companions complete quests, the confirmation/reward window should not interrupt whatever you're doing.

I think it's odd that initiating, selecting, and tracking companion quests is done in the companion window, but displaying completed rewards uses the main character's quest window. The fact that the main character's quest window jumps out into the foreground (and has a cap) makes sense; the completion of companion quests acting this way does not. IMO the solution is to incorporate the reporting of completed companion quests into the companion window.

2) When companions retrieve items from quests, these items should not go into your personal inventory, but instead should go to your locker.

The one case where it would be problematic for companions to dump quest rewards into your locker is if you run out of room. With your personal inventory, you can at least stack rewards to make more room, or sell or destroy loot. If you run out of space in your locker, you'll have to travel some distance to sort it out. Still, I think I'd rather do this than work with the current implementation.

My wish list is relatively simple and repeats a lot of what has already been listed.

Reduce Costs

The cost of everything is truly extravagant. There is no sane reasoning for the over-inflated costs of training skills (both class and crafting). People try using the reasoning that "money isnt an issue at the higher levels". That doesnt help the lower level folks and basically forces them to wait until higher levels to work on crafting when having to decide on class skills or crafting skills. It also acts like a big neon sign pointing towards those nefarious gold farmers. If costs were reduced some it would alleviate the bad taste new players get when faced with being charged in-game for every decision they make. At least kiss the player first.

More uniform orange schematics

I, nor any of my guild members, have found any schematics for orange gloves, boots, or helmets, or belts. We have searched daily on the the trade networks and participated in most of the games aspects. None to be found. While you are at it, change the orange schematics to display as orange rather than the current blue.

Level-set the current crafted gear

To be useable sets at the same level for all pieces of a set at the same level. Each set has a targeted level range anyways. Why make a player wait until he/she reaches the top end of the range before being able to wear the complete set? There is no benefit to the logic currently in place. As new gear drops, there will still be decisions for the player to make. I have never understood the logic in staggering wearability of crafted gear sets in games.

Increase spawn rate for item recovery missions

There is nothing like waiting in line to click on a quest item. Not to mention having to fight a mob to get to the item just to have someone steal your turn at that item and then having to wait 5-10 minutes for the respawn. If you fight the mob guarding it, the system should lock that item to the player. This prevents griefers from doing their dirty work.

Map Notes

The ability to make freehand notes on your map would be nice. (this is a wishlist after all)

Guild Banks

For god sakes, who implements guilds without these? Really?

Guild halls/meeting halls

At least until capital ships come into production. Make it so only guild members may access with the option to invite non-guilded individuals or groups.

Customer Service

Tell those yahoo's to quit closing bug reports or tickets until they are resolved or a certain time has elapsed. I realize they are probably out-souced 3rd party help center folks who get paid on the number of tickets closed but criminy!!!! I submitted a couple bug reports and they closed them without forwarding them like it was some help request with insufficient information. Poor support gives a good game a bad name.

Some things I want improved (most have probably been mentioned):

Companions:

Move them a bit further behind the character, as they tend to be in the way alot in 3rd-person view, when you want to open chests or mine a resource or talk to someone, in front of the character. I usually have to turn the character or camera to access the item.

Companion item comparison:

When I want to give my companion a new item, the item in the inventory is compared to my character's item. I want to compare it to the companion's item. I hate that I have to site and first look at the companion item and then on the inventory item and match that way.

Basically, if my companion's character is open, then comparisons are made towards his/her items, not mine.

Comparing off-hand items:

If I am dual-wielding a weapon, then comparisons are always only made towards the primary hand weapon. Please show the stats of BOTH weapons.

I am missing comparisons of tech/force modifiers.

Comparing moddable items:

I find it impossible to compare moddable items in the game. First off, I can't see the base stats without mods anywhere (without removing the mods first), so comparing an unmodded item vs. my current modded item is impossible.

Also the numbers after the mod in the stat box makes little sense to me. What does Mod (18) mean?? .. it is not the rating, nor the level needed to use it. This might be documented somewhere, but it is not really intuitive.

Companion skill modifiers:

Please show these in the bio. When you learn crew skills after the Prologue, it might be neat to know their modifiers, before I decide what to train in.

Preview window:

It is just too small, making it very hard to see changes. Character needs to be bigger or give the possibility to zoom in.

GTN:

This sucks balls to be honest, but there is a major thread about this, so won't go into details.

... I am sure there are more, but I have forgotten at the moment.

Ability to adjust font size...at LEAST in the chat window.

During quest dialogue, adjust the font color so white text is not on a light background. Last night I decided to just skip reading it if I have move three feet closer to my TV...and still not be able to read it clearly. Making the text be a box and shading the adjacent area around the text would probably work fine.

Right click on the tab for the chat pane (ie the defaults are General and Other, but I added Chat for a no system spam option and a Guild only tab).

One of the options is "Font Size" with, I think, 4 presets. I expected it to be in Chat Settings and didn't think it was an option til I asked in Guild chat and had the obvious pointed out to me.

That said, more options would be nice.

My wish list is relatively simple and repeats a lot of what has already been listed.

Reduce Costs

The cost of everything is truly extravagant. There is no sane reasoning for the over-inflated costs of training skills (both class and crafting). People try using the reasoning that "money isnt an issue at the higher levels". That doesnt help the lower level folks and basically forces them to wait until higher levels to work on crafting when having to decide on class skills or crafting skills. It also acts like a big neon sign pointing towards those nefarious gold farmers. If costs were reduced some it would alleviate the bad taste new players get when faced with being charged in-game for every decision they make. At least kiss the player first.

More uniform orange schematics

I, nor any of my guild members, have found any schematics for orange gloves, boots, or helmets, or belts. We have searched daily on the the trade networks and participated in most of the games aspects. None to be found. While you are at it, change the orange schematics to display as orange rather than the current blue.

Increase spawn rate for item recovery missions

There is nothing like waiting in line to click on a quest item. Not to mention having to fight a mob to get to the item just to have someone steal your turn at that item and then having to wait 5-10 minutes for the respawn. If you fight the mob guarding it, the system should lock that item to the player. This prevents griefers from doing their dirty work.

Map Notes

The ability to make freehand notes on your map would be nice. (this is a wishlist after all)

Guild Banks

For god sakes, who implements guilds without these? Really?

The cost trade-off between crafting and buying skills/training is especially problematic since crafting is almost exclusively useful while leveling, since endgame crafted items are obsolete after 1 day's worth of dailies at 50.

I'd suggest all spawn rates should be increased. Double the mob respawn rate, and increase shard size by 50%. This makes the world more populous and decreases wait times on mobs. Somehow as it currently is I almost never see anyone, but I'm still waiting on trash to respawn to complete bonus quests.

Map Note suggestion makes me also want Friend Notes. I've stopped adding random people from Heroic quests because I can never remember who/what they are later. Tank? Healer? Cool person from general chat? No idea.

Guild banks have been announced for Patch 1.2.

Some things I want improved (most have probably been mentioned):

Companion item comparison:

When I want to give my companion a new item, the item in the inventory is compared to my character's item. I want to compare it to the companion's item. I hate that I have to site and first look at the companion item and then on the inventory item and match that way.

Basically, if my companion's character is open, then comparisons are made towards his/her items, not mine.

There is a check box in your Preferences to show companion gear alongside yours for comparison.

It is a bit buggy, though, and about 5% of the time the companion gear doesn't show, but it usually works.

In LOTRs online, I can log in to their site and see my characters.

Can see what quests they have done, are on.

All the characters stats and inventory.

Would be real great if we had a similar feature her on the SWTOR site.

Anyone else thing this would be great?

Right click on the tab for the chat pane (ie the defaults are General and Other, but I added Chat for a no system spam option and a Guild only tab).

One of the options is "Font Size" with, I think, 4 presets. I expected it to be in Chat Settings and didn't think it was an option til I asked in Guild chat and had the obvious pointed out to me.

That said, more options would be nice.

WOW. That's great. I had no idea (obviously). Well, I guess that takes care of part of my request.

Thanks for pointing that out!

WOW. That's great. I had no idea (obviously). Well, I guess that takes care of part of my request.

Thanks for pointing that out!

No problem.

It's kind of funny, they put it at a higher level which presumably would be easier to find, but since we expected to find it under the "Chat Settings" which are higher in the dropdown we never notice it down there at the bottom. I think it's just alphabetical right now, but moving it up might alleviate this. You weren't the first to not see it (nor was I) and you won't be the last.

Perhaps a suggestion: Make "Font Size" the first option when you right click a chat tab, above Create New Window.

In LOTRs online, I can log in to their site and see my characters.

Can see what quests they have done, are on.

All the characters stats and inventory.

Would be real great if we had a similar feature her on the SWTOR site.

Anyone else thing this would be great?

Thanks a lot ... wondering why this is not checked by default :) ... quite useful.

Another annoyance:

Whenever I enter my ship, it leaves for orbit, which means that if I just want to go to my ship for something, I have to endure a cutscene showing me taking off .. and then when i leave I land again.

Why not keep the ship on the ground until I actually select a destination on the star map??

Thanks a lot ... wondering why this is not checked by default :) ... quite useful.

Another annoyance:

Whenever I enter my ship, it leaves for orbit, which means that if I just want to go to my ship for something, I have to endure a cutscene showing me taking off .. and then when i leave I land again.

Why not keep the ship on the ground until I actually select a destination on the star map??

Yeah, not sure why it defaults to not showing companion gear.

As for the ship, you can save a little time by hitting space bar to skip the takeoff cinematic. Still have to deal with a loading screen though.

And if you are quick, escape can actually cancel boarding your ship as it is treated like a conversation. I've had it work, but haven't tested how long you have.

I think they have to have the loading screen as the ship is a separate instance. Notice that it says the number of people in the ship zone just as it would a planet (ie Defender: 7). The load screens actually progress during the cinematics, so my guess is they meant it to be a positive thing. Better to watch a quick little video then be in your ship than to break immersion with a load screen. Appreciating the intent can help mitigate the annoyance (a little). At least they meant well.

Another annoyance:

Good point, but the only time I can see you actually needing to go to your ship without leaving the planet is your cargo hold if the planet doesnt have one on site.

Sure you need the holoterminal but by that time its likley you finished your class quest and are going off planet anyways depending on if you want to stick around.

And you can easily just talk to your companions on planet in a cantina without the ship.

Good point, but the only time I can see you actually needing to go to your ship without leaving the planet is your cargo hold if the planet doesnt have one on site.

Sure you need the holoterminal but by that time its likley you finished your class quest and are going off planet anyways depending on if you want to stick around.

And you can easily just talk to your companions on planet in a cantina without the ship.

Some pet conversations are "too private" for a cantina. I know M1-4X in particular often insists on the ship, not a cantina. Maybe because he can't drink.

I was just trying to do this quest and I realized that this one has by far the worst time to profit/enjoyment ratio I have encountered until today (within SWTOR):

There are 3 spawning points for 4 crates each and you have to destroy 10 total. These spawning points are about 1-2 min speeder flight apart from each other.

Result: Camping groups (at least people group for it) for each spawning point and you will have to wait 3 full respawn cycles on the crates which is 3min each => approx. 10min standing around doing almost nothing. The bonus quest to kill the surrounding enemies is done before the crates can respawn once.

Request/Suggestion:

Either shorten respawn time on the crates to under 1min or spawn more crates at each location.

I was just trying to do this quest and I realized that this one has by far the worst time to profit/enjoyment ratio I have encountered until today (within SWTOR):

There are 3 spawning points for 4 crates each and you have to destroy 10 total. These spawning points are about 1-2 min speeder flight apart from each other.

Result: Camping groups (at least people group for it) for each spawning point and you will have to wait 3 full respawn cycles on the crates which is 3min each => approx. 10min standing around doing almost nothing. The bonus quest to kill the surrounding enemies is done before the crates can respawn once.

Request/Suggestion:

Either shorten respawn time on the crates to under 1min or spawn more crates at each location.

I had a simular issue with one of the bonus quests on curroscant where I had to wait for a pirate bad guy to come down an elevator and about 20 people were there waiting as he had something like 15 min spawn time and if i did not immidiately aggro him first some other group did and I lost out on the quest having then to wait another 15 minutes. AGGRIVATING