12x xp isn't enough

Eleonora

Here's the trick: ...

2. Do at least 1 side mission per class mission on the capital world. This should get you to level 20 by the time you leave with your ship.

I'd recommend the Bonus series, 1x 3hrs XP boost, a class specfic reward and nice cash.

Takes half an hour and gives a lot of exp. ;)

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think it works fine on some classes, but on others, if you do only your class missions, you fall vastly behind the leveling curve. I think it's because some classes complete quests less often than others.

Playing a new Agent side by side with my friends BH, I noticed my Agent falling further and further behind because her quests complete less often.

On my inquisitor (a class I find very boring but want to see the story of) I've gotten to level 43 and I'm fighting things +4 and +5. It's become essentially impossible at this point, and I don't see it getting any better. Getting pretty close to unsubbing.

I resubscribed for this, and it's a joke. It needs to be 12.5x or 13x. That would probably do the trick.

And that's the lazy way. If it were done right, you would just increase rewards multipliers for some quests on some classes to catch them up.

12x XP is working as intended. The problem is you.

I've seen a few rare people claim that the 12xp isn't close to enough, and that by chapter 3 they're 3 to 5 levels below the content. I have to wonder if they're doing the planets in the intended order.

When you leave your capital world most classes get the choice of Taris/Balmorra (16-20) and Nar Shadda (21-24), and after those planets they then get the choice of Tatooine (25-28) and Alderaan (28-31). While these planets have an intended order, there's not a forced order of them until chapter 2; so most classes can do either one in these pairing in the order that they choose. Since many players are hitting level 19 or 20 before leaving their capital worlds, they might head to Nar Shadda before Taris/Balmorra, and thus end up too over leveled for the missions on the lower level worlds to be giving them any xp. They might be doing the same with Tatooine and Alderaan. If they're doing that one of the pairs, or both, then it's possible for players to wind up essentially missing one or two planets worth of xp, which would definitely put them several levels below the content in chapter 3.

While BioWare can be blamed for for making things a bit murky in terms intended progression, these players also need to take just a couple extra seconds and look at the planet description before just charging in.

*gasp* You're saying they need to stop & read & think?!

INCONCEIVABLE! :D

Wait isn't there an app that does that for you?

In today s gaming environment its unthinkable that one should have to watch and read their own story line.

DAMN YOU DEVELOPERS

You cant force me to pay attention and enjoy my time!!!!!

:eek:

I've seen a few rare people claim that the 12xp isn't close to enough, and that by chapter 3 they're 3 to 5 levels below the content. I have to wonder if they're doing the planets in the intended order.

When you leave your capital world most classes get the choice of Taris/Balmorra (16-20) and Nar Shadda (21-24), and after those planets they then get the choice of Tatooine (25-28) and Alderaan (28-31). While these planets have an intended order, there's not a forced order of them until chapter 2; so most classes can do either one in these pairing in the order that they choose. Since many players are hitting level 19 or 20 before leaving their capital worlds, they might head to Nar Shadda before Taris/Balmorra, and thus end up too over leveled for the missions on the lower level worlds to be giving them any xp. They might be doing the same with Tatooine and Alderaan. If they're doing that one of the pairs, or both, then it's possible for players to wind up essentially missing one or two planets worth of xp, which would definitely put them several levels below the content in chapter 3.

While BioWare can be blamed for for making things a bit murky in terms intended progression, these players also need to take just a couple extra seconds and look at the planet description before just charging in.

I doubt anyone is actually doing the planets out of order. If you're already underleveled you will obviously do the easier planet mission first which is already color-coded. I can only surmise that the people who aren't experiencing the lack of xp must have other boosts running or they do other things besides just the class missions. A 10% boost that is always on is kinda huge.

Also, level 19-20 after the capital planet? From my experience, that only happens if you do all the missions in the starter and capital planets. Typically it is 17-18 if you stick to the class story only and skip everything else. Which is fine for the next couple of planets but eventually the levels of the missions will overtake. Especially when some mission stories later on skip a couple of levels from one to the next.

I also noticed a good chunk of xp tend to come from killing mobs on the way to the mission instance but this can vary depending on your zone's population. More people questing in the area means less xp for everyone since the path to the missions are often already cleared.

Though it really isn't much of a problem that people can't work around, (either by running extra missions, popping those 1-hour xp boosts then going through as many class missions as possible and/or joining a guild that has the 10% xp buff) I can see why some returning/new players might feel they were sold on false advertising like the OP. I just chalked it up to one more thing the devs half-assed with the game. You either live with it or not, no reason to force yourself into playing this game.

Edited by Chelan

same never had a problem with my sith assassin though I finished Corelia at level 52 and went to Makeb at level 52 almost 53 and still there and I skipped Illum

and not in guild till I got to Makeb

Edited by loctys

I doubt anyone is actually doing the planets out of order. If you're already underleveled you will obviously do the easier planet mission first which is already color-coded. I can only surmise that the people who aren't experiencing the lack of xp must have other boosts running or they do other things besides just the class missions. A 10% boost that is always on is kinda huge.

Also, level 19-20 after the capital planet? From my experience, that only happens if you do all the missions in the starter and capital planets. Typically it is 17-18 if you stick to the class story only and skip everything else. Which is fine for the next couple of planets but eventually the levels of the missions will overtake. Especially when some mission stories later on skip a couple of levels from one to the next.

I also noticed a good chunk of xp tend to come from killing mobs on the way to the mission instance but this can vary depending on your zone's population. More people questing in the area means less xp for everyone since the path to the missions are often already cleared.

Though it really isn't much of a problem that people can't work around, (either by running extra missions, popping those 1-hour xp boosts then going through as many class missions as possible and/or joining a guild that has the 10% xp buff) I can see why some returning/new players might feel they were sold on false advertising like the OP. I just chalked it up to one more thing the devs half-assed with the game. You either live with it or not, no reason to force yourself into playing this game.

nope, no guild, no booster, heck, i do not even finish the bonus missions useally, and have very rarely been underleveled enough that i have a lot of trouble, and even then, that trouble is a boss.