SWTOR Mobile Security Key app for Windows Phone 7?

ZeroPlus

• 2 months later...
  • Replies 224
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 1 month later...

But what we need is to have the freedom to install or uninstall and the digital mobile have to for the security key for furry without needing to subscribe to be able to do it because our devices are not 100% reliable in a crash did broke in kid stole an

IP and that even if there was a paid version of the digital security key that can be permanently linked to your account body would have access same as the physical security key to control multiple counts for security purposes that would be a tremendous benefit unofficial Electronic Arts by aware paid version of the security key that way if your device gets damaged you can uninstall and reinstall it as long as you've made a purchase of this device

And and and and I can see the value of this being $30.00 20 of $30.00 but it would be well worth it to have the freedom to uninstall the haft if you needed to and not have to worry about it because technology can be so unreliable at times and it's a tragedy to have your star wars account off to an unable to be used status

And and and and please consider this as a will be a tremendous benefit for everybody and

• 2 weeks later...

. . . . Windows Phone 10 is Dead Before It Even Arrives

. . . . "IDC has released its latest numbers for smartphone

. . . . . OS market share, and unfortunately, it means we can

. . . . . likely close the book on Windows Phone."

Basically, pick a new phone to assign your loyalty (Android or iOS) and make the switch ASAP. It's not the droids you were looking for...

BTW pick iPhone. It has the highest consumer satisfaction numbers.

• 2 weeks later...

There is a workaround for this. You can run android emulator on Windows PC.

Download or install BlueStacks application http://www.bluestacks.com/

Run it.

Allow Google Play Store access (it requires google account).

Download security key app from Store.

Run it and configure.

Done.

I use this emulator for SWTOR only. It works flawlessly unlike mine android phone which barely hold together.

And no Blue Stacks is not truly free, you can either pay them 3$ a month or have to install portion of advertised crappy applications, since I do not used it Blue Stacks for anything else I do not mind.

There is another emulator of Android for Windows Droid4X but antivirus warned me that they're page is not secure so I did not tried to use it.

Edited by komio

You do know that Apple will buy out Microsoft and Google sometime in the next few decades?

. . . . . . . . . . Microople ??

What would their new computers look like? omg.

...and the operating system?

I'm still hoping for a WP app too. Hell, create a Universall Windows app and then ppl can also use it in Win8/10 Desktop/Tablets/etc.

The sad thing is, there was an app and it worked fine. No idea why it is gone from the store.

I just find this frustrating >.< at first i almost had a fit because i thought the mobile app was only for iPhone and i was just thinking of how its the most popular and the rest of us aren't getting thought of, now i realize that the windows phone is pretty much the only one left out >.< :sul_frown: i wanna access

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

. . . . Windows Phone 10 is Dead Before It Even Arrives

. . . . "IDC has released its latest numbers for smartphone

. . . . . OS market share, and unfortunately, it means we can

. . . . . likely close the book on Windows Phone."

Basically, pick a new phone to assign your loyalty (Android or iOS) and make the switch ASAP. It's not the droids you were looking for...

BTW pick iPhone. It has the highest consumer satisfaction numbers.

Had a brand new iPad Air 2, sold it. Sucks, and is totally lacking in most all customization areas I can get for my Lumia 635, any previous android I've owned and my old Nexus 7 tablet. iCrap is over priced, and you're buying a label.

Edited by Sindorin

• 4 weeks later...

Well as far as windows 7 phones I would say that it wont happen and there would not be a lot of sense to doing it.

However, it seems like windows 10 phones will make it incredibly easy to port over android/iOS apps. It apparently can be done with just a few lines of code being changed in certain circumstances. Here is a link to the news.

http://www.theverge.com/2015/4/29/8511439/microsoft-windows-10-android-ios-apps-bridges

I would love to see a comment from the Devs about whether this could influence their decision on making a windows 10 app. I also think its likely that there may be a market share gain from windows phones with the new Windows 10 release.

Considering that this thread started looking for a validation key for windows 7 phones and windows 8 phones have now been around for more than a year, it would be cool if the techy people were to catch up with the times. Don't think windows phones are a passing fad anymore.

We all, I'm sure have much faith that such an app will be forthcoming in the very near future

Well as far as windows 7 phones I would say that it wont happen and there would not be a lot of sense to doing it.

However, it seems like windows 10 phones will make it incredibly easy to port over android/iOS apps. It apparently can be done with just a few lines of code being changed in certain circumstances. Here is a link to the news.

http://www.theverge.com/2015/4/29/8511439/microsoft-windows-10-android-ios-apps-bridges

I would love to see a comment from the Devs about whether this could influence their decision on making a windows 10 app. I also think its likely that there may be a market share gain from windows phones with the new Windows 10 release.

There is no need to port the App, and I doubt they even could since they didn't make it, the company that makes the App BioWare uses, Vasco, already has a Windows Phone app, and according to their marketing material it comes with the iOS and Android App, and all 3 are spit out from the same app they use to customize the look.

• 4 weeks later...

Guys wait.

Security key works for Windows Phone (via Microsoft Authenticator App)

The way it generates codes is an implementation of TOTP - Time Based One Time Password

Microsoft uses it as well as Google for their security keys. You can tell that by looking at QR code or seeing just a 16-length mix of letters and numbers that you are supposed to register as a security key. I have just enabled this on my WP8.1 Lumia 640, and works charms.

Just go to SWTOR security key setup page, write down the pass phrase you need to register your key with, and put it into Microsoft Authenticator.

Apply the code and provide the OTP to finish registration process.

Please pin it 4 years thread and 23 pages of users looking for an answer - I'm fan of IT security and I hope everyone secures their accounts to the full extent.

With best regards,

Alex

Guys wait.

The way it generates codes is an implementation of TOTP - Time Based One Time Password

Microsoft uses it as well as Google for their security keys. You can tell that by looking at QR code or seeing just a 16-length mix of letters and numbers that you are supposed to register as a security key. I have just enabled this on my WP8.1 Lumia 640, and works charms.

Just go to SWTOR security key setup page, write down the pass phrase you need to register your key with, and put it into Microsoft Authenticator.

Please pin it 4 years thread and 23 pages of users looking for an answer - I'm fan of IT security and I hope everyone secures their accounts to the full extent.

With best regards,

Alex

Alex,

You are a absolute legend!!!!

I just added the key to my authenticator and worked as well.

This is fantastic news for WP.

Thanks

David

• 3 weeks later...
Guys wait.

With best regards,

Alex

Works for me too.:)

Thanks a lot.

• 2 weeks later...
Guys wait.

With best regards,

Alex

Works like a charm for me too. Many thanks Koliath :)

• 3 weeks later...
Guys wait.

With best regards,

Alex

Really great. Works fine. Thanks. :)

• 1 year later...