Does becoming a Killik Joiner change DNA?

RameiArashi

The big change from Joining is of course to neurochemistry. It would be unlikely to change the actual DNA sequences, but it would definitely affect the epigenetics of the subject. It's unlikely a child between Vector and a Female Agent would develop in utero as a Joiner (especially since the Female Agent is not a Killik to produce the necessary hormones), but they would be much more susceptible to it since epigenetic changes have been proven to be hereditary.

Vector isn't a true Joiner, either. He had a lot of autonomy, and that's before he has the option to betray his hive to defend House Cortess. He may say "we" in the manner of a Joiner, but it is pretty obvious that it's far more analogous to the Royal "we" than being an actual first person plural pronoun.

Edited by Diviciacus

They haven't suppressed his personality but he's still a joiner, he;'s just allowed more freedom than most,

Even after he betrays the nest he's still their Dawn Herald. He says killiks don't have concepts of either revenge or forgiveness and if they found him a threat they'd have just ate him. He still claims he will make amends someday even if the killiks don't have a concept of redemption.

Even if you go ligtside on Alderaan he still gets to the killik-empire treaty story.

Edited by RameiArashi

The big change from Joining is of course to neurochemistry. It would be unlikely to change the actual DNA sequences, but it would definitely affect the epigenetics of the subject. It's unlikely a child between Vector and a Female Agent would develop in utero as a Joiner (especially since the Female Agent is not a Killik to produce the necessary hormones), but they would be much more susceptible to it since epigenetic changes have been proven to be hereditary.

Vector isn't a true Joiner, either. He had a lot of autonomy, and that's before he has the option to betray his hive to defend House Cortess. He may say "we" in the manner of a Joiner, but it is pretty obvious that it's far more analogous to the Royal "we" than being an actual first person plural pronoun.

Yes, its mentioned here and there that the Killiks absorbed him with the intention of using him as a diplomat, so they gave him a good deal of autonomy. But I don't remember him betraying his hive to fight the Cortess... I remember the Hive taking arms with you. In fact, wasn't there a line where Vector says (while Killik "brothers" are carrying weapons) "The Hive is ready to take all measure to protect you."

Still, kind of a swift kick to the Death Stars that the Killik did that to him. He goes in representing the Empire, ready to negotiate with the local species, which is lightyears ahead of the old Imperial Doctrine of Blast 'Em Until They Don't Kick... And then they take him in and make him Join.

Yes, its mentioned here and there that the Killiks absorbed him with the intention of using him as a diplomat, so they gave him a good deal of autonomy. But I don't remember him betraying his hive to fight the Cortess... I remember the Hive taking arms with you. In fact, wasn't there a line where Vector says (while Killik "brothers" are carrying weapons) "The Hive is ready to take all measure to protect you."

Still, kind of a swift kick to the Death Stars that the Killik did that to him. He goes in representing the Empire, ready to negotiate with the local species, which is lightyears ahead of the old Imperial Doctrine of Blast 'Em Until They Don't Kick... And then they take him in and make him Join.

It's the LS choice. The Killiks want to destroy House Cortess at the end of the IA Alderaan chain, and the LS option is like "let's not let them do that." Vector puts his loyalty to the Empire above his loyalty to the Killiks, and fighting against his hive is pretty clearly betrayal.

It's the LS choice. The Killiks want to destroy House Cortess at the end of the IA Alderaan chain, and the LS option is like "let's not let them do that." Vector puts his loyalty to the Empire above his loyalty to the Killiks, and fighting against his hive is pretty clearly betrayal.

Light... Side... Empire class... What? Clearly that's nonsense. :p

It's not a genetic change, just a neuro one. So it doesn't matter if Vector and the female agent have one or ten children, they'll just be either completely human (if both are human) or in the case of my agent's child with Vector, half human and half Chiss. As someone else said, the child might be more susceptible to the joining pheromones if the kid walked into the hive, but otherwise, the child would just have whatever species your agent is and Vector, a human/joiner hybrid as their parents.

And my female Chiss agent and Vector's daughter, married a human (Doc) so her three children are 75% human and 25% Chiss, but in my mind, the Chiss physical characteristics would be a little more dominant then their human traits, so their three children look more Chiss than human, even though they're more human than Chiss biologically speaking. (Thanks to Bioware, I have to choose either full human or full Chiss, no halfies :p)

My first sith warrior was light side, because I couldn't bring my self to kill the overseer. He's voiced by Paul Darrow, Avon in Blakes 7. And I just couldn't kill a character with Avon's voice. I got over it later and made a darkside warrior too.

I think its funny to have Emperor's Wrath who's actually light side.and a Jedi consular who goes around killing jedi masters instead of saving them,. Odd the Dark Council never seems to notice the LS sith or the Jedi council that myt shadow is dark side.