Quarterly Producer Letter for Q2 2024 ×

IO questions/help

ZentheSecond

So I've been slowly learning the IO rotation and I'm having a few issues and I have some questions.

1. How/When exactly should I go from the General rotation into the Heat Ramping? Should I have both VH & TSO off CD prior? Or should I start up the heat ramping once I have ~20 seconds left on the VH cooldown?

2. Within the General rotation, where should Supercharge go? I generally use it right after applying both dots so the PS that procs MS also procs the supercharge burn and the 10% buff exists for the near full duration of both dots, should I keep doing this?

3. Should I be super concerned with getting an EN within the Supercharge window?

Don't follow the Dulfy Guide. It's actually not that great...

Is a much better and easier to use rotation.

Do note though that it appears the author of that thread forgot about Speed to Burn (Level 59), so a better example would be:

Serrated Shot

Incendiary Missile

Unload

FILLER

Mag Shot

Thermal Detonator

Power Shot

Mag Shot

FILLER

Outside execute, filler priority is:

Electro Net

Power Shot (recharge cooldowns available)

Rapid Shots

Inside the execute, filler priority is:

Electro Net

Missile Blast

Rapid Shots

Don't use either Dulfy or that guide above ^, they're both garbage.

Hotwired's guide is the best form of Assault http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=785291

Hotwired though has gone on record saying any rotation that uses UL for 1 proc and PS for the other counts as his rotation :p

Edited by TACeMossie

This is all wonderful and good... But I don't see any actual answers to 2 and 3...

EN under Supercharge? Or don't bother waiting for supercharge?

Keep popping Supercharge after applying dots for best effect or is there a better time? I'm presuming not due to having to reapply them during the Supercharge window might miss ticks on them.

Hey Kaijin!

First I would like to say I don't use that rotation on reddit anymore. It was simple to learn, but very tough on heat management and less mobile.

1. You should do heat ramping at about 15s unless you have 8+ stacks of supercharge. Then you can start at about 20s. It depends on what rotation you are using and where you are in it since some are spikey with heat. If you have 2 mag shots close and supercharge is almost ready, then 20s is fine.

At about 65-70 heat, you vent, but continue heat ramping. Use TSO on the next unload, assuming it occurs at about 35 heat. You should get one more power shot in and then you are in low heat mode.

2. I really only focus on using supercharge for the heat dump. The 2 main dots will have 100% uptime; the ticks should be on a regular cadence between applications. You could time it to maybe get one more tick. Supercharge Burn should trigger within the 10s window in any rotation for its duration.

3. Interesting question. EN is our hardest hitting filler in terms of damage per heat and damage per CD. Any delay that causes you to miss one more use is a DPS loss. Your opener will likely use supercharge and EN together. You might be able to delay supercharge a bit to align with EN depending on the fight timing. I'll need to look into this some more.

As for supercharge - a tip that helps get a little bit more damage out is that its only wasted if you have 10 stacks and use Rapid Shots or Power Shot. As such, you can (and probably should) hold off using Supercharge until you're about to use either Power Shot or Rapid Shots in order to get maximum effect out of it - unless, of course, you need the extra heat.

So I've been slowly learning the IO rotation and I'm having a few issues and I have some questions.

1. How/When exactly should I go from the General rotation into the Heat Ramping? Should I have both VH & TSO off CD prior? Or should I start up the heat ramping once I have ~20 seconds left on the VH cooldown?

2. Within the General rotation, where should Supercharge go? I generally use it right after applying both dots so the PS that procs MS also procs the supercharge burn and the 10% buff exists for the near full duration of both dots, should I keep doing this?

3. Should I be super concerned with getting an EN within the Supercharge window?

Did you get the answers that you were looking for?

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.