SWTOR & WoW

AshlaBoga

Hi y'all!

I've gotten a new awesome work schedule (work whenever I want from home as long as I'm done by the deadline) and so figured I might try and play both SWTOR and WoW. Now I left WoW back in 2006, so my memory is a bit rusty.

I'm interested in playing the classes and specializations that are most similar to what I PvP and raid with in SWTOR. Which classes are the closest equivalents to the following:

Sorcerer - Corruption

Juggernaut - Immortal

Marauder - Annihilation

Marauder - Carnage

Assassin - Darkness

Sniper - Marksmanship

Mercenary - Innovative Ordnance

Thank you very much in advance!!!

Hi y'all!

I've gotten a new awesome work schedule (work whenever I want from home as long as I'm done by the deadline) and so figured I might try and play both SWTOR and WoW. Now I left WoW back in 2006, so my memory is a bit rusty.

I'm interested in playing the classes and specializations that are most similar to what I PvP and raid with in SWTOR. Which classes are the closest equivalents to the following:

Sorcerer - Corruption

Juggernaut - Immortal

Marauder - Annihilation

Marauder - Carnage

Assassin - Darkness

Sniper - Marksmanship

Thank you very much in advance!!!

Disc Priest

Prot Warrior probably

Enhancement Shaman maybe?

Combat Rogue

No stealth tanks, druids are kinda close I guess?

Hunter probably

Hunter probably

Sorcerer - Corruption

Juggernaut - Immortal

Marauder - Annihilation

Marauder - Carnage

Assassin - Darkness

Sniper - Marksmanship

Respectively:

Holy Priest

Blood Deathknight

Assassination Rogue

Fury Warrior

Brewmaster Monk

Marksmanship Hunter

Survival Hunter/Elemental Shaman

Those are the closest from an analogue perspective (ie. lightly armored melee DPS that is DOT-heavy = both Assassination Rogue and Watchman/Annihilation). However, just because the classes are a similar archetype doesn't necessarily mean they play similarly. Compared to classes in WoW, classes in TOR are both more simple and, ironically, have more buttons to press.

Edited by Diviciacus

http://www.pcgamer.com/a-world-of-warcraft-players-primer-to-star-wars-the-old-republics-advanced-classes-part-1/

and

http://www.pcgamer.com/a-world-of-warcraft-players-primer-to-star-wars-the-old-republics-advanced-classes-part-2/

While not exact, they do have some good points in the comparisons. Though they don't go over all class/spec combos of WoW, they do decent enough if you know the WoW classes. For example, the Sith Sorcerer Lightning Spec could be a Fire Mage as they say, but also possibly Destro-Warlocks as well.

Hope this helps

Respectively:

Holy Priest

Blood Deathknight

Assassination Rogue

Fury Warrior

Brewmaster Monk

Marksmanship Hunter

Survival Hunter/Elemental Shaman

Those are the closest from an analogue perspective (ie. lightly armored melee DPS that is DOT-heavy = both Assassination Rogue and Watchman/Annihilation). However, just because the classes are a similar archetype doesn't necessarily mean they play similarly. Compared to classes in WoW, classes in TOR are both more simple and, ironically, have more buttons to press.

Thanks a bunch:)