Hemorrhaging Blast never achieving ranged crit %

ArcTrooperElite

I do a lot of dummy parsing on my ship and I've noticed after analyzing more parses than i can recall that hemorrhaging blast never reaches or surpasses ranged crit chance. In fact the majority of the time it falls 2 to 3% short of my ranged crit chance. In my current gear my ranged crit chance is 26.66%. Over a large sample of parses I would expect to see the crit for this reach 26% at times, fall below at times, and exceed 26% at times. In fact over the course of several dozen parses HB never once met the 26% and at its very closest was a little more than 1.4% under. As stated above most of the time it fell between 2 to 3% below. Dirty Blast and Quickdraw also seem to come up short most of the time but do on occasion meet or surpass my ranged crit numbers (with DB i'm not sure if i should be looking at tech crit or ranged crit since it has both). RNG can suck at times but I believe this goes beyond simple RNG. If i remember correctly I usually see upwards of 400 hits of HB in a 1m parse and over the course of dozens of parses to never see an effective crit on that ability at least match ranged crit chance screams something is wrong.

You shouldn't need to worry about Hemorrhaging Blast anyways. It's like 3% of your damage. You could probably stop using it and not notice a thing.

Edit: The after affect is 7% of your damage, and the initial hit is less than 1%. The crit of the initial hit is worthless.

Edited by Kaos_KidSWTOR

Random thought, but since you're on a gunslinger, don't misses count towards crit chance? And so wouldn't all your offhand misses bring down your crit%? Or am I overthinking things.

I can confirm you lose some crit as a Gunslinger from your OH. I've noticed this more with Wounding shot personally. As a sniper Cull crits for 60-65% of the time, while it's republic mirror Wounding shot is closer to 45-50%. usually having around a 14-18% Miss rate due to Offhand. Not sure if it's the same for Hem blast or not tho. I never paid much attention to the differences for those to mirrored abilities.

Edited by Toraak

• 3 weeks later...