Quarterly Producer Letter for Q2 2024 ×

Focusing Ritual

theSCARAYone

It is the one and only thing (with the exception of visual skin) which is different between species. I'd have liked species choice to matter - but it doesn't and your focusing ritual is your "RP ability" - so go roleplay that ritual!

Focusing Ritual does restore force for my sage, though. Mission Review also restores my sniper's energy. Yet Shadowboxing doesn't vent my merc's heat, seems like the regenerating social abilities don't work for the BH. Edited by Mubrak

The unique ability for Mirialans, focusing ritual, does not vent heat when used on a bounty hunter.

It isn't supposed to, it is merely a RP visual.

What Zharik said. And that goes for all Social abilities. :cool:

Focusing Ritual does restore force for my sage, though. Mission Review also restores my sniper's energy. Yet Shadowboxing doesn't vent my merc's heat, seems like the regenerating social abilities don't work for the BH.

That's just an illusion... What you see there is the natural Force and Energy regeneration. No Social Skill regenerates the Resource Pool. :confused:

If you wait longer, I'm sure Heat will eventually drop aswell... :rolleyes:

Edited by Cox_The_Beast

You guys are wrong about focusing ritual being an RP ability. It is a regen ability. Mission review for chiss regenerates all forms of resource pools, there is no reason why focusing ritual shouldn't as well.

Ok bud... you must be right. I mean I haven't played since release and earned over 1200 levels across all my toons. (note my sig)

Or... the natural regen is what you are seeing. Test it out... drain your energy adn just stand there... then do it again and focus. Same time to regen.

Ok bud... you must be right. I mean I haven't played since release and earned over 1200 levels across all my toons. (note my sig)

Or... the natural regen is what you are seeing. Test it out... drain your energy adn just stand there... then do it again and focus. Same time to regen.

I'm afk for the weekend, but on Monday I will test energy regen on chiss and mirialans on various classes. Also, I've been playing sunce August 2012, with about 1200 levels across all my toons as well, please don't talk down to me.

Edited by theSCARAYone

I and others tried to help you and you told us we were wrong. We were all polite and informative as well. So yeah I got sorta pissy when you did, especially when I know I am right. All the racial abilities Rally, Focusing Ritual, Inspire Loyalty, Shadow Boxing, etc are all RP actions. That's all they have ever been, at least up to this point.

So you can do with this what you want, but what you posted as a bug on the bug forums is not actually a bug. Happened to me once too and once I realized what happened I edited the OP (didn't take long, maybe 20 minutes) to admit such.

Edited by Zharik

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Appeal_to_accomplishment

I and others tried to help you and you told us we were wrong. We were all polite and informative as well. So yeah I got sorta pissy when you did, especially when I know I am right. All the racial abilities Rally, Focusing Ritual, Inspire Loyalty, Shadow Boxing, etc are all RP actions. That's all they have ever been, at least up to this point.

So you can do with this what you want, but what you posted as a bug on the bug forums is not actually a bug. Happened to me once too and once I realized what happened I edited the OP (didn't take long, maybe 20 minutes) to admit such.

Probably because you WERE wrong. The Mirialan, Chiss, and Rattataki social abilities (Focusing Ritual, Mission Review, and Shadowbox respectively) are regen abilities, same as Recharge and Reload, Meditation, Channel Hatred, and regen items. You may notice that if you use them, your health and resource rapidly regens at the same rate as if you used your "normal" regen ability or a regen item.

All except for BHs, which is the bug being discussed here.

Edited by HandOfKane

Well I am not so conceited that I will not admit when I was wrong, so someone pass the crow. I just tested Focusing ritual on my scoundrel and it did indeed regen health and energy. So you are correct. I cannot test it with a BH because none of my BH's are Mirialan. Now I have used all the racial social abilities and I *never* saw anything that would indicate they actually did regen anything (My first Mirialan was a guardian, so that did not help). Perhaps I was just oblivious or perhaps these were fixed after I had dismissed them as nothing more than RP actions, but regardless I was wrong.

Please accept my apologies.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.