The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Color dyes and ideas we should have already seen ...

Blue/blue

Red/red

Orange/orange

Gray/gray

Purple/purple

Yellow/yellow

Green/green

etc...

Light, medium, and dark variations of each would have been nice too. A few exist but not many. Many of the colors are too bright or garish to look good so subtle variations should be made as well. A Grayish Blue for example is possible, and has been used on some base armor colors.

As for crafting color dyes, no color should require prototype or artifact crafting materials. Every crafter skill should have a few colors they know how to make, and they should be easy to make. White/white and Black/black should be the easiest to make. If your choices for color are good then the game won't end up being monochromatic, but denying people who can't afford the most common colors IRL is just silly.

Ultimately all dyes should be only one color and there should be multiple slots on each item to mix and match colors. Every MMO in the future should have this as an initial design consideration, since it is integral to how people feel about a game in general.

While some of this would be better off in the Suggestions forum, the main thrust in game for new color has been the Cartel Market. So the aforementioned colors are my Cartel Suggestion, and so this thread does belong here.

Edited by ArtaxDarkmane

I definitely agree with this. I've always thought it was dumb that they choose two different colors for a combo. If none of the color combos are what you want, your stuck.

I think it is much more logical to have two variations of the same color.

I also prefer either a single color or 2 color slots.