Lana Companion in KOTFE Questions

NicoleMay

So its been discussed that Lana might become a companion for the new expansion. So now, I have some questions.

My character is already married, and since that has caused issues pursuing two companions at once (Vette and Jaesa), how will that work?

Also, does this mean you don't have you old companions when you start KOTFE and are thawed out of carbonite?

Any ideas?

Yup, we lose (temporarily or permanently, we do not know) companions when thawed.

The devs stated that vanilla companions will know you cheated on them so expect whoever you married to be rather cross with you when you meet her and she finds out you've been sleeping with Lana.

So its been discussed that Lana might become a companion for the new expansion. So now, I have some questions.

My character is already married, and since that has caused issues pursuing two companions at once (Vette and Jaesa), how will that work?

Also, does this mean you don't have you old companions when you start KOTFE and are thawed out of carbonite?

Any ideas?

We actually have had this confirmed! Let me answer your questions in a list.

1. Lana Beniko is indeed a new companion.
  2. She will be the one to free us from carbonite, and begin the "Outlander" chapter of Fallen Empire.
  3. Her role is unknown, but her concept art has her dual wield like a Marauder, but in Shadow of Revan she heals like a Sorceror.
  4. Early on in Fallen Empire when we enter carbonite, we will from that point lose our companions. Their lives went on, and you'll be able to find them in Fallen Empire as critical characters.
  5. Not every companion will return, and even fewer will return as a follower again.
  6. Your love interest (in this case, Jaesa?) will remember you. And if you cheated on her in Shadow of Revan, she will know.
  7. There is no confirmation if you will be lucky enough to have a Lana v. Jaesa duel over you.

Hope that clears things up.

Well, its a good thing Jaesa is okay with sharing (as seen in the Vette v Jaesa decision).

Still, I hope we can regain our Vanilla companions, otherwise gearing them will have been wasted and we can no longer do affection with them.

Also, will we be able to switch from the pre KOTFE era and the Post KOTFE era then? Each with seperate companions and revisits to worlds?

Also, I wasn't sure if it was confirmed for Lana since I couldn't find OP,

Here's hoping that the characters who do hook up with her (or Theron) that they don't do to them what they're doing to our first companions. Some of us would actually like out characters to run around with their spouses, crushes, true loves, besties, whatever you want to call them :p

We actually have had this confirmed! Let me answer your questions in a list.

1. Her role is unknown, but her concept art has her dual wield like a Marauder, but in Shadow of Revan she heals like a Sorceror.

Hope that clears things up.

Bioware said that they will change companions, so that you can now choose companions you like and not which abilities you like. So it's likely that all companions can fill all roles. from dulfy:

Companions are being changed so you choose them based on their story aspect (i.e. who you like) rather than what they can do abilities wise. More details on this later.